JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

4 hours ago, Old said:

I was only kidding when I question sitting, I am surprised it got so much attention.

All that is required to stand for a Zoom meeting is a little preparation, something to raise the camera to eyeball height. I prefer standing when giving a presentation. I stood when chairman at our memorial, I stood for the prayer, I stood when leading into the songs, I stood when I was on camera

Some might consider it a matter of respect, we stand for singing, we stand for prayer, we sit to listen.

Many years ago in the late 50s we would to give a form of our hour talks, reduced to 45 minutes, we called them Parlor Chats. We remained seated for a Parlor Chat, speaking to a very small group of publishers, we were in their parlor. We had parlor chats once a month at each bookstudy location. I really disliked sitting while giving any kind of presentation. It seemed to diminish my authority as presenter.

I can't recall seeing anyone giving a lecture or a presentation in a business or educational setting from a seated position if they were able to stand, think TED.

Currently to sit or stand appears to be a matter of choice.   :)

I took your comment as picking on me. It was frank and pointed. Did not like it at all. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

A visiting brother giving a talk at my daughters  zoom meeting, he must have really wanted to see what a hair piece would like like on him!

He really planted that piece. Needs trimming a little and maybe some water.👨‍🦲

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

We have one Brother who sits to give his talks even when we meet at the Hall - it has not diminished his authority or respect

Our COBE gave the first PT over Zoom. He sat. He and his wife stand for the songs and prayer during our Zoom meetings.

The Brother who gave our talk today stood to give his talk. He used a virtual background that he incorporated into his talk. When he gave the closing prayer, he stayed seated and held the hands of his wife and daughter.

Our WT conductor usually sits with a virtual background of the KH stage behind him - it gives the illusion he is standing. Our WT reader for today was sitting in a recliner - although, he did NOT have it reclined.

Oh, by-the-way, the Brother who usually sits - he only has one leg, the other is missing all the way up to his hip. He used to stand for all his parts - but, as he has gotten older, it has become a bit much to stand for that long with his crutches ... so, he sits. He has been on crutches since he was 12 years old.

The biggest problem we have had with the Zoom meetings is the Brothers carrying the mics are a bit slow :lol1: 

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Either one of them will eat lettuce out of your fingers if you are careful not to spook them. Neither of them display any fear. I have touched wild porkypines with my boot. Being gentle there was no concerne diplayed by the porky pine.

I walked with a skunk for a hundred feet or so, just staying far enough behind that it was not antagonised, perhaps 10 to twelve feet. When it slowed down I would stop. I decided I needed not test it any further.

We had a nest of concealed carry under out porch. The little ones would eat lettuce out our fingers through a foundation vent.

All was okay until our dog got under the house and decided to chase the skunks. I Woke up to hear the dogs head banging against the beams as it ran to the exit. I knew it was going to be bad and it was indescribable. As my wife and I gagged in our bed the four kids slept through it. In the morning they commented about the skunk smell being a little strong this morning. The dog never chased a skunk after that, but did chase porkypines with disasterous and expensive reults.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

6 minutes ago, Old said:

Either one of them will eat lettuce out of your fingers if you are careful not to spook them. Neither of them display any fear. I have touched wild porkypines with my boot. Being gentle there was no concerne diplayed by the porky pine.

I walked with a skunk for a hundred feet or so, just staying far enough behind that it was not antagonised, perhaps 10 to twelve feet. When it slowed down I would stop. I decided I needed not test it any further.

We had a nest of concealed carry under out porch. The little ones would eat lettuce out our fingers through a foundation vent.

All was okay until our dog got under the house and decided to chase the skunks. I Woke up to hear the dogs head banging against the beams as it ran to the exit. I knew it was going to be bad and it was indescribable. As my wife and I gagged in our bed the four kids slept through it. In the morning they commented about the skunk smell being a little strong this morning. The dog never chased a skunk after that, but did chase porkypines with disasterous and expensive reults.

Not good, oh not good

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The porkie in my garage was 1st live one I had seen in years. Used to see them in cottage country all the time when I was young before cottage country got too busy.

The "Peppe La Puew" in St. Thomas we had from a young age along with a young Bandit. They would look out for each other, Bandit to crawl out on a skinny branch open the suet cage, drop the suet on the ground, close the cage then both would munch on the suet.

Later, When they were bigger, I told my wife "Do not put garbage outside the back door because of the critters" Well she did not listen and when I was taking a step ladder out side, I heard a rustling from the bag a foot from me and out came the stripped pussy cat. Never got sprayed.

My daughter was up from Newfieland and sitting on our patio swing when around the corner came you know who. Carolyn froze and Pepe never bothered her. 😂

Forgot to mention. When I lived out in the boonies and was working on my car Richard's sister came up out of the beaver pond probably looking for a place to lay her eggs.

Not willing to lose parts of my body, I got my snow scoop and my hand cart. Using a stick gently got her big butt on the scoop and wheeled her out to the highway and down the road to another pond at edge of my property where I left her. It is illegal to kill snappers and I'm a softy anyway.

11 hours ago, EccentricM said:

You had donuts on your lap didn't you?

Funny because he does always joke about donuts. 🤣

9 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I took your comment as picking on me. It was frank and pointed. Did not like it at all. 

I feel you Bro. 

9 hours ago, Old said:

Sorry :(

Nice of you!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

We are in month one of lockdown

and day one of our three day blizzard.

So far, we got about a foot and a half 

of heavy, wet snow with winds gusting

over forty miles an hour.

This is the view out our front door:

Screenshot_20200413_110327.thumb.jpg.f450d75fcc4ef564d5724fda8c97df38.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 4/13/2020 at 5:52 AM, Old said:

Sorry :(

All good, thank you for apology :givehug:

Please see this: Brother Jackson sitting down, delivering Memorial Talk (those Australians LOL :lol1:)

702020218_univ_lsr_lg.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

We don't have a huge library...unless you consider everything digital, then yes, and we don't have a dog. Just a neighborhood cat. We don't have a home gym, but I make it one anyway. :D So I guess a mix of home 3 and 4. But because I come from BC, Canada, I would love house 5!:infatuated:

quarantie house.jpg

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

On 4/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, New World Explorer said:

Please see this: Brother Jackson sitting down, delivering Memorial Talk (those Australians LOL :lol1:)

Aww! We chose the wrong country for our little service group. It would have been great to see bro.Jackson give the Memorial talk!

- Read the Bible daily 

Phil.2:5

5 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

We don't have a huge library...unless you consider everything digital, then yes, and we don't have a dog. Just a neighborhood cat. We don't have a home gym, but I make it one anyway. :D So I guess a mix of home 3 and 4. But because I come from BC, Canada, I would love house 5!:infatuated:

quarantie house.jpg

I’d be ok with any of those, but house #3 & #6 is most appealing to me! 🐶 🍸 🏊🏼‍♀️