JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

21 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That demonstrates the difference in cultures on this site. In the USA that is a very innocent expression.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugger

Screenshot_20221124_084540.thumb.jpg.66b4cb9c8b9996568d20d33b9f522ce2.jpg

I am in the Midwest. And small animal is what it means here. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Screenshot_20221124_084540.thumb.jpg.66b4cb9c8b9996568d20d33b9f522ce2.jpg

I am in the Midwest. And small animal is what it means here. 

The difference in cultures seems to be the root of the problem (My apologies to the Aussies)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The difference in cultures seems to be the root of the problem

Great example of cultural misalignment in the latest WT Feb 2023  p29:

The Nigerian culture was new to us, and we had much to learn. On one occasion, a brother came to my office to introduce a sister who had just been accepted to Bethel. As I reached out to shake her hand, she prostrated herself at my feet. I was stunned! Two scriptures flashed through my mind: Acts 10:25, 26 and Revelation 19:10. I wondered, ‘Should I tell her not to do that?’ At the same time, I realized that she had been accepted to Bethel; she knew what the Bible teaches.

Awkwardly, I muddled through the rest of the introduction and then did some research. I learned that the sister had acted in accord with a traditional custom that at the time was still practiced in some parts of the country. Men would prostrate themselves in the same way. It was a way of showing respect. It was not worship; there are Scriptural precedents. (1 Sam. 24:8) I was glad that I had not, in my ignorance, said anything that might embarrass my sister.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

The difference in cultures seems to be the root of the problem (My apologies to the Aussies)

As most of the Australian language derives from English, the word it does have multiple definitions, and for the really older ones, they view the word as the English do (related to sodomy). You using the phrase up above does have a double entendre if you look at it at a certain perspective. Whereas those who are of the younger or those of the larrakin type, it is used more as a term an exclamation when something goes unexpected, or referring to a mischievous person or critter.

Edited by Pabo

A book bag a brother made for his wife, Lovely! and this wallet is 52 years old, he made it when he was 17 and has carried it all his life since. That's amazing how it's held up.

388783073_Leather(1331x748).thumb.jpg.0962118eb85519fc153f56052afb7c44.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Hi, I would like to introduce myself and I can't write in other forums yet or never. My name is Diana and I come from Germany, I am a single mum of three children and I am happy to meet many lovely people here who also love Jehovah and would like to strengthen each other in their faith.

I am not baptised yet, but I have been an unbaptised preacher for a year and in March '23 I would like to finally be baptised. :)

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

3 hours ago, MamaIvie said:

Hi, I would like to introduce myself and I can't write in other forums yet or never. My name is Diana and I come from Germany, I am a single mum of three children and I am happy to meet many lovely people here who also love Jehovah and would like to strengthen each other in their faith.

I am not baptised yet, but I have been an unbaptised preacher for a year and in March '23 I would like to finally be baptised. :)

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Sent you a PM.  Check your inbox. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

cme thank you very much. It only took me so long because I wanted to erase all my doubts with solid evidence and logical explanations. A difficult childhood and unpleasant past made me doubt very much, but now I am sure and I want to do my best and be an asset.

image.png.68affee9768ba9f77cb929601f13bf3c.png

A couple of Nankeen Kestrals chicks that fell out of their nest from one of the beams of our shed on the weekend.

I was able to gather them up and put them back into their nest.

I guess they were listening to Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd that was emanating from the sound system in the shed and they took it literally upon themselves.

6 hours ago, Pabo said:

guess they were listening to Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd that was emanating from the sound system in the shed and they took it literally upon themselves

Try playing Another Brick in the Wall and see if they help you renovate the shed..

Otherwise, play Freebird and see what happens...🤣

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Try playing Another Brick in the Wall and see if they help you renovate the shed.

Otherwise, play Freebird and see what happens...🤣

It is a very big shed 340sqm (3,660sq-ft) lockable and 220sqm (2,370sq-ft) open, but no shed is ever big enough. Also the shed is made from steel and zincalume, so bricks would be useless.

The other song would have been "Free Falling" by Tom Petty, as that is what they literally did.

Edited by Pabo

8 hours ago, Pabo said:

The other song would have been "Free Falling" by Tom Petty, as that is what they literally did.

Here is a picture of Tom Petty when we were in High School

image.png.4820985f7f1b2580ef610bf147e1188c.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Does that mean you went to High School together?

Yes, he was a year ahead of me. I heard him play long before he was famous.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~