JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

About the only time I'd want to be in Alaska is when this is happening:

Ffs-A1gXoAgJS5H.thumb.jpeg.8cff7c0016c3166bee799ac5f81e5ae2.jpeg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same applies for Finland:

I am sure that both of these areas on earth are delightful places to live and visit.

It's just that the Upper Peninsula of Michigan has enough--more than enough--

snow and cold and darkness of its own.  👍

To read more about last nights light show:

https://earthsky.org/sun/sun-activity-solar-flare-cme-aurora-updates/?

Sun activity October 22: Aurora alert next 2 nights

The large coronal hole we’ve been following is now starting to affect Earth.

At this writing (12 UTC on October 22, 2022), geomagnetic conditions are already active G1 (minor), threshold reached at 11:33 UTC, and should continue throughout the day and into tomorrow.

NOAA predicts G1 (minor) geomagnetic storm conditions by early October 23 and into that evening.

As this storming intensifies, we might get auroral displays at latitudes as far south as low as the northern U.S. states of Minnesota and Montana.

Go out and get ’em, aurora chasers!

The large coronal hole is now moving to the sun’s southwest quadrant. It produces auroras via its high-speed solar winds.

I am hoping day 2, er, NIGHT 2 will be visible here.  

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Draw a line between a)Essen and b)Leipzig. At the end of the left 1st third, that's where I live.  --
In Texas, there seems to me to be a lot of room to accommodate resurrected people, for example. Is that right?😃😂

4 hours ago, Exter said:

Draw a line between a)Essen and b)Leipzig. At the end of the left 1st third, that's where I live.  --
In Texas, there seems to me to be a lot of room to accommodate resurrected people, for example. Is that right?😃😂

So, you would live just north of Dallas on this map.

20 hours ago, Witness1970 said:

So, you would live just north of Dallas on this map.

That is ok for short time. But in the New System i prefer a mountain region. sorry..😁

Edited by Exter

grammar

On 10/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, New World Explorer said:

What I got from this picture is the point that Poland is not part of Texas LOL :lol1:

For most Americans, they cannot find where Iran is, so don't feel left out.

For Americans, if you want to relate to Australia, here is a map that gives a basic understanding where certain states of the USA correspond to Australia. For us Aussies, it pretty well close to the mark in describing the country.

image.png.16df7a8fadfdd1b652bbc7729f7e5a9f.png

And how much of Europe can fit into Australia? Basically all of it, with room to spare, plus a few other countries that are not in Europe.

Size matters - PressReader

As big as Texas seems to those who live the USA (whilst Alaska is 2.4 times more larger than Texas), Australia has 5 states that are larger than Texas and also has 2 larger states than Alaska. Even if you combine Alaska and Texas together, we have one state still bigger than them combined.

However, just the population of Texas state is more than Australia has in total.

Comparing the 8 biggest states of the USA with Australia's 8 States and Territories.

image.png.3fea8d75596541ad8ea0266d21da15cb.png

22 hours ago, Sheep said:

Um... I'm not sure if I understand this. Does it mean that Australia could fit into... Australia?

I must apologise for the misleading labels. I did just copy it from the net. The red bit is Texas. To those that do not know the shape of 'Texas' or the shape of 'Australia', the labels are quite misleading.

Here is another misleading pic of Texas. It looks like it is labelled as New South Wales (aka NSW - a small state here). I was putting it forward as a place for the resurrected ones to populate...

However, I imagine the 144k have ideas in place as well. I will not lose any sleep wondering where they will go or who will look after them. I have full confidence they will be well cared for. 

I just hope not to die and be resurrected back to the Simpson desert in the middle of Australia!

(The dingos do not even like living there.)

TexasVnsw.png

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

On 9/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Lee49 said:

Interestingly, in the Spanish language, describing someone as an eagle means that he has insight or discernment.

I know I am a bit late with this, but does anyone know what the Spanish word is? 
Thanks my friends

8 minutes ago, Eejay said:

Wow! I'm surprised this got through. It is an extremely offensive word where I come from!

That demonstrates the difference in cultures on this site. In the USA that is a very innocent expression.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugger

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Actually, I like eating cucumbers, it reminds me of summer. Cool, refreshing, crunchy and watery as well.

I like to slice one end off, add a pinch of salt and just take a bite, then adding another pinch of salt each time after each bite.

However, what is nice is Vegemite with cucumbers. But thinking of the above Cureos post, instead of using cream cheese, a thin slice of Vegemite in between two slices of cucumber would go pretty good to.

For those who do not know what Vegemite is, it is similar to Promite, Marmite or other salty spreads.

Is anybody missing a goldfish from a few years ago?? 

You'll be happy to know...... It's been found!! 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/fisherman-catches-giant-goldfish-carrot-scn/index.html

67 pound goldfish .jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible