JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

A shot I took while on a beach in Sorsogon City in the Philippines. I decided to add the verse as it suits the boat. :) 
It reminds me of the first disciples (apostles) and how they left their livelihood to follow Jesus. I want to have their faith. 🙏

1DCA2DCC-F9A8-4BA6-9B93-0DE52425B885_1_201_a.jpeg

1 hour ago, New World Explorer said:

Two carrots... I mean parrots, catching up for a chat 🤣

1-IMG_0435.JPG

They are known as sulphur crested cockatoo's, or just "cockies" for those who do not live in Australia. They are of the parrot family, and here in Australia we have a wide range of them. They have many other interesting cousins and we have plenty of them around our home.

They can be very noisy and destructive critters. But they can be funny as well and do have some funny antics they get up to. Sadly their homes are being taken away with housing and other man's terra-forming ways (land clearing for farms and mines).

10 minutes ago, Pabo said:

Sadly their homes are being taken away with housing and other man's terra-forming ways 

I guess the same could be said about this statement:

. . . “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth. . . (Genesis 1:28) 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I guess the same could be said about this statement:

. . . “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth. . . (Genesis 1:28) 

True, but I think building Lego-land wasn't one of them.

Lego City - This looks like something from Legoland or a computer game, but  it is actually a housing complex in… | San buenaventura, Buenaventura,  Houses in mexico

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - one person's junk is another person's treasures

While you and I may not be attracted to such a neighborhood - it doesn't mean everyone would reject it

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.af6e93932fb56dde1af39ad00a2947ae.png

One of the king parrots having breakfast on one of the feeders in our yard.

King parrots are very mild mannered compared to the other birds and only squabble other king parrots, but stay away from the other birds, as generally the corellas, pink galahs and lorikeets make it impossible for the king parrots to feed as well at the same time.

This morning this king parrot landed on my head to grab my attention so he can have a feed on the feeder. He knows that when I am near the feeders, the other birds scatter away but the king parrots know they can land there to have a feed and be left alone. He done it the first time on Monday but actually didn't land on me, but flew about my head getting my attention and landed on a tree nearby, whistling to me and gesturing with his head in the directing of the feeders, basically saying "Hey mate, can you scatter the others so I can have a feed."

Edited by Pabo

6 hours ago, TitusP said:

My reliable service partner

20220907_155623.jpg

What brand and style it it? It's a very nice looking hat.

I have a couple of hats myself that I use when outdoors.

I had owned several Akubra hats over the years.

I use this one for when I am in an outdoors stadium due to it's large brim.

image.png.f0593cd3be76a565abac5cd4bde182af.png

I used to have one of these Snowy River Akubra's in darker grey many years ago, which was my favorite, but they make it more in a grey as below.

image.png.bf9088c90f582abd0f871b11976ab862.png

My wife has one of these Akubra's.

image.png.537111af7904099bc0011cb241087520.png

However the hat I use most of all for witnessing is somewhat of a Fedora style similar to the one below, but made with canvas, which doesn't get my head as hat as a felt hat does.

image.png.a9920e9a4ea7570df70b9b8e6545a61e.png

Edited by Pabo

What brand and style it it? It's a very nice looking hat.

I have a couple of hats myself that I use when outdoors.

I had owned several Akubra hats over the years.

I use this one for when I am in an outdoors stadium due to it's large brim.

image.png.f0593cd3be76a565abac5cd4bde182af.png

I used to have one of these Snowy River Akubra's in darker grey many years ago, which was my favorite, but they make it more in a grey as below.

image.png.bf9088c90f582abd0f871b11976ab862.png

My wife has one of these Akubra's.

image.png.537111af7904099bc0011cb241087520.png

However the hat I use most of all for witnessing is somewhat of a Fedora style similar to the one below, but made with canvas, which doesn't get my head as hat as a felt hat does.

image.png.a9920e9a4ea7570df70b9b8e6545a61e.png

It's called "One Fresh Hat" and you can find it on their website. Gray wool fedora. It's a cheap thing, costing about $60. This is perfect for me, because I expect some dog to attack me in service. My hat can be sacrificial in that case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, TitusP said:

My hat can be sacrificial in that case.

You can never leave your hat behind. Indiana Jones never did.

hat jones GIF

Instead, go out with a partner who has a child who is over the age of 4. The kid will slow them down thus allowing you to be faster than them to escape.