JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help! Ink mark on my new bible cover.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3728 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The same happened to me yesterday at SA day I could hardly concentrate so mad at myself :( I haven't even been able to mark my favorite scriptures yet . .

Just tried hair spray CAUTION : left a bit of an odd stain but ink is gone maybe I used too much !

What's worse ink or odd stain !!!!

Christopher can you go to the literature counter and just say "Brothers I don't have my new Bible yet may I please have one? " .

Is there a shortage in UK? Bibles seem to be coming in now with our Literature order !

Edited by Miss Mouse

Christopher can you go to the literature counter and just say "Brothers I don't have my new Bible yet may I please have one? " .

Is there a shortage in UK? Bibles seem to be coming in now with our Literature order !

None have arrived yet at all. Only those who were at the AM have them. Congregations with a Bethelite in them have them, of course.

Sometimes, who you know comes in handy.

They say we may get them next year.

How very fortunate many of us are not to have a new Bible!

Oh you are to have a new bible, dear brother. They're working as hard as they can to make enough for everyone.

I've heard that you have received some offers from other members to send you a copy. You should take them up on it if you lack the patience to wait for them to be shipped to your congregation.

And with the new app and the PDF available, the fact of the matter is we all have one at our fingertips.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Any suggestions for removing ink pen mark on my new bible cover?  Careless me!  I tried rubbing alcohol which lightened it some, but left the cover with a dull spot. 

So much for these new bibles being sister-proof, eh? :lol1:

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

As carefully as I try, I take manny notes  all the time  during the meetings,

between notes and scripture searching, some dots of ink apeared on my cover too. 

I'm not only trying to remove the dots but would like a nice clear plastic cover

for the Bible. 

I am developing patience, but it isn't easy. I keep remembering it isn't just me, it's most of the UK who were left out, and still are. :(

The best way to develop the patience you need is to stop dwelling on it and talking about it. :)

My bible already has a small rip in a page.  

I went up to Chicago to visit family and friends and my husband was giving a public talk up there.  I packed the bibles very carefully in our suitcases, but some where along the way as the suitcases get tossed around, my bible moved alot in the suitcase.  When  opened it, something in the suitcase was jabbing the side and a page ripped.  It's not too bad, but I was upset.

I got a bunch of new bibles from my nephew who is at Bethel, but we gave them away already.

And what about those who will be waiting for perhaps years, because it has to be translated into their language. I feel bad for all of them because this new Bible is so awesome.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

As carefully as I try, I take manny notes all the time during the meetings,

between notes and scripture searching, some dots of ink apeared on my cover too.

I'm not only trying to remove the dots but would like a nice clear plastic cover

for the Bible.

Clear plastic covers for the new bibles are available at madzay.com.

Edited by mserskine

And what about those who will be waiting for perhaps years, because it has to be translated into their language. I feel bad for all of them because this new Bible is so awesome.

Some languages got the benefit already - just didn't have new covers. This is how they decided to do current US English -- translating it into other languages didn't make sense. Thus since 2005 ....

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I am developing patience, but it isn't easy. I keep remembering it isn't just me, it's most of the UK who were left out, and still are. :(

Brother Christopher

Don't get me wrong but I don't understand why you keep saying the same thing on every topic about the new bible :o This may afect you negatively!

Try looking to the good things you have rather than the ones you don't have ;)

Please don't be upset, just trying to help :S

Read here from §§12-18, specially the 15

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013603?q=Grumbling&p=par

Some languages got the benefit already - just didn't have new covers. This is how they decided to do current US English -- translating it into other languages didn't make sense. Thus since 2005 ....

Yes it makes sense, if not for more for the new features and the 6 new places where God's name appears ;)

And I believe they said new languages will come

Yes it makes sense, if not for more for the new features and the 6 new places where God's name appears ;)

And I believe they said new languages will come

As many languages as the WT is published in - which number keeps increasing.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: