JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ebola Spreading :

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3439 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

they are crazy. Have you ever seen a sneeze in slow mo? I hold my breath when someone sneezes. And close my eyes too. I'm a hypochondriac sometimes. Imagine being in an elevator with someone with ebola... what's a sneeze made of? Snot. A bodily fluid.

I will do you one even better. ( or worse) when you flush the toilet, the spray goes at least ten feet! We now never flush unless the lid is down. And to be honest, and I do not think the so called experts, they do not fully understand this virus. Get the book by Scott Preston, "hot Zone", even, "Panic in Level Four", and I do believe, other then the nitty-gritty science of it all, you will understand more about Ebola then those calling the shots today.

If we didn't have Jehovah, it would bedownright scary. Ava, I so appreciated your comments. Satan would like nothing better then for us to get sidetracked, and panic.

We do what we do, follow the lead we are given, and all will be well, this way, or that!

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

My heart goes out to those in the countries such as Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, etc....Especially the brothers and sisters...I know they too hate seeing people suffer...

Their avg. rate of ebola infection is around 139-140 new cases each day since October 4th, along with an avg. of 89-90 new deaths per day....I couldn't handle seeing people around me laying in the streets suffering...It pains me when I see a homeless person here... :unsure:  :unsure: :unsure:  

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

So, in essence, the Canadian Research institute produced flawed results for which is the direct cause for people panicking? Right?  Got it.

When people cite that study to back claims like "the CDC director says Ebola is airborne", yes, the flawed study is indeed the reason for people panicking.

As has been noted many times over, the study itself admits that the cages may have been contaminated, and in no case should such a study be used as evidence of a CDC admission or a CDC cover up, though some use it as proof of both. (How would that work exactly?)

Yet, theses Canadian scientists' ostensibly flawed research actually contributed to the development of the only Ebola serum/vaccine (ZMapp [also stated in my prior comments]) which ended up producing positive results.

Zampp came from many dozens of studies, not a single study where the researchers openly admit the cages were likely contaminated.

While it's great news that a treatment is being developed, this study in no way, shape, or form gives any credence to any of the entirely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that have been repeated in this thread.

So yes, Ebola is scary, and I know I do not want to get it, but we have a commission from Jehovah, and that is to preach.  Best to focus our energies on that rather then wondering if we will get Ebola, or how Ebola is spread, or what the CDC is doing about it.  In the end, worrying and stressing out about Ebola doesn't help anything.  

Exactly. If Ebola becomes a real risk, we'll be given directions on how to handle it, as the brothers in West Africa have.

At my meeting tonight, a sister stood outside the door attempting to turn away anyone coughing, "because they might have Ebola". Apparently, she's bought into this "airborne Ebola" hype, and she successfully turned away two families before the elders brought her inside and away from the door.

Would she have turned people away if her Facebook friends (primarily within the congregation) hadn't convinced her to believe in the lies? Does Jehovah want us to repeat these lies that cause our brothers and sisters to prevent others from receiving their much-needed spiritual food?

(Proverbs 14:15) The naive person believes every word, But the shrewd one ponders each step.

Conspiracy theory

n

1. the belief that the government or a covert organization is responsible for an event that is unusual or unexplained, esp when any such involvement is denied

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

co·vert

adjective

ˈkōvərt,kōˈvərt,ˈkəvərt/

not openly acknowledged or displayed.

"covert operations against the dictatorship"

synonyms: secret, furtive, clandestine, surreptitious, stealthy, cloak-and-dagger, hole-and-corner, backstairs, backroom, hidden, under-the-table, concealed, private, undercover, underground; informalhush-hush

"covert plans to sell arms"

antonyms: overt

I don't see how the term applies...please explain.

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-with-clipboard-didnt-need-hazmat-2014-10

We now know why the mysterious man who was aiding the evacuation of 29-year-old Ebola patient Amber Vinson onto a plane wasn't wearing a hazmat suit or any other protective gear.

He wasn't supposed to be wearing one, according to the group in charge of the evacuation.

He is the medical protocol supervisor, responsible for supervising everyone else involved in the process. Because the protective gear seriously limits vision, he was there to provide the eyes that other people didn't have.

"Our medical professionals in the biohazard suits have limited vision and mobility, and it is the protocol supervisor’s job to watch each person carefully and give them verbal directions to ensure no close contact protocols are violated," a Phoenix Air spokesperson told ABC News.

"There is absolutely no problem with this and in fact ensures an even higher level of safety for all involved," the spokesperson told ABC.

Being very close to an Ebola patient without protective gear could be dangerous if the patient were to vomit and those fluids touched an unprotected person. However, scary as it is, the virus isn't contagious without that contact.

Amazing. The airborne Ebola cover-up runs so deep that even the CDC beginning to sacrifice their own to maintain the illusion.

That, or he was perfectly safe because it's really not airborne at all, but I like the sound of my first theory better. :wink:

Exactly. If Ebola becomes a real risk, we'll be given directions on how to handle it, as the brothers in West Africa have.

At my meeting tonight, a sister stood outside the door attempting to turn away anyone coughing, "because they might have Ebola". Apparently, she's bought into this "airborne Ebola" hype, and she successfully turned away two families before the elders brought her inside and away from the door.

Wow, What congregation do you go to? Is it within a mental institution? I have been a witness for a long time and have heard many stories over the years, but the ones you have related about your congregation and your elders take the cake! Maybe it;s the Twilight zone east congregation?  :lol1:

It has been implied that the CDC is aware that Ebola is airborne, and is intentionally covering up the "evidence".

I personally did not get that they were covering up anything, but that they are unsure and that the manor in which this disease is transferred is still questionable, they continually say that you can get it from more than touching the person...example, the vehicles and rooms, and personal belongings being sterilized and more such as pets.

That poor sister may know someone it has affected if she felt that strong about it, maybe she needs to be comforted if the brothers would have more of an open mind about the fact that this is an unknown disease and nothing is for sure right now about it they have all admitted that every time they quarantine a new group of people.

Wow, What congregation do you go to? Is it within a mental institution? I have been a witness for a long time and have heard many stories over the years, but the ones you have related about your congregation and your elders take the cake! Maybe it;s the Twilight zone east congregation?  :lol1:

Just a bunch of old people extremely set in their ways, and since they grew up in the Cronkite days they haven't exactly warmed up to the idea that media outlets are allowed to lie. (The elders have been replaced by MTS graduates and transfers from neighboring halls, but that doesn't stop the 50+ year busybodies from carrying on as they have for decades.)

I personally did not get that they were covering up anything, but that they are unsure and that the manor in which this disease is transferred is still questionable, they continually say that you can get it from more than touching the person...example, the vehicles and rooms, and personal belongings being sterilized and more such as pets.

I'm referring specifically to the "airborne" aspect of Ebola, not the minor confusion of how each individual becomes infected.

Yikes Stavro. This is definitely one time I am glad to be a sister with zero chances of becoming an appointed elder.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Aww..there is no telling what they have gone through or what they are going through mentally or physically. Some may have difficulty processing the horrible conditions that are now surrounding them. I love the older ones so much with all they must go through. Precious ones!!!

Simplified definitions:

airborne infection -one that is contracted by inhalation of microorganisms or spores suspended in air on water droplets or dust particles.

droplet infection - infection due to inhalation of respiratory pathogens suspended on liquid particles exhaled by someone already infected (droplet nuclei) .

The difference between the medical definition of airborne and this droplet/bodily fluid transmission is that it does not live on dust particles in the air. So it should not be blown through duct work at the hospitals. But, for most people airborne means that you cannot get it from being in a room or area with an infected person but this definition shows that is not true because when sneezing or coughing it is projected into the air and can contaminate a person in range. This is the problem with the difference between the 2 ways of contamination, it makes it possible for a person not so close to an infected person capable of contracting the disease.

Aww..there is no telling what they have gone through or what they are going through mentally or physically. Some may have difficulty processing the horrible conditions that are now surrounding them. I love the older ones so much with all they must go through. Precious ones!!!

Whether the elders made the right call tonight or not is best left for another discussion entirely (this is not her first attempt to disrupt a meeting), my point is that repetition of the rumors, the lies, caused at least two families to be turned away from tonight's meeting.

This is the problem with the difference between the 2 ways of contamination, it makes it possible for a person not so close to an infected person capable of contracting the disease.

And so far, every study and observed human case has involved physical contact with one infected with Ebola, or their bodily fluids. Even when the physical separation is in the range of a few feet within the confines of a plane for hours on end, as was the case with the non-hazmat clipboard guy in the article I quoted earlier.

Well, I have never heard of anything like that so you have had a rough night already..we live in critical times hard to deal with and we have to figure things out as we go these days, I'm sure this was a difficult decision to make and I'm sure that it was made in the best interest of all and with love without question brother Stavro.

I agree that they feel so far it is by closer contact, such as healthcare workers, I am truly hoping and praying that it is controlled and this post can end. I would like to see the president back on the track of peace and security as his focus instead of him worrying about the ebola.

If you pull the stats off the jw.org site,  we have 9,165 witnesses in 3 areas.  Based on simple math, we can see that Jehovah's people have only lost 0.1% of their people to the illness.  Why?  The branch was proactive, sought out advice from local government agencies, then our dear brothers explained the danger of the virus, how it was transmitted and what to do to prevent the spread through a series of letters to the congregations.

In turn the congregations (Gasp) LISTENED TO INSTRUCTION!!!!   Made me think of  Deuteronomy 4:5,6 in action.

I also found the following article which gives an idea of the potential this disease has.  My apologies if it has been previously posted.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2014/10/13/ebola-trends/  

I also wondered if our numbers were lower because the ones there had been exposed to a weaker form of the virus in the ministry, thus conveying a natural form of immunity to them.  

I just wanted to add my thoughts, not profound by any means, yet ...

Satan would be thrilled, ecstatic even if people panicked and became so absorbed in this latest illness that it became their focus.

We have been warned about the news media, we have been told to use practical wisdom and be a clean people. To keep focused on the kingdom that Jehovah will sustain and comfort us. To pray for one another. To not " what if " or be anxious as we do not know what tomorrow will bring. We do know the Kingdom is not far away, it's in view.

WORRY will make us sick, maybe not this disease but others.

For all who suffer there is an urgent need to offer comfort from the fears those who have no relationship with Jehovah need to hear.

I don't want to seem to be on a soapbox but this just seems to be another way Satan uses a trap to sidetrack us.

Psalm 46:1

46 God is our refuge and strength,+

A help that is readily found in times of distress.+

Proverbs 3:21

21 My son, do not lose sight of them.*

Safeguard practical wisdom and thinking ability;

Philippians 4:13

13 For all things I have the strength through the one who gives me power.+

Romans 8:35-39

35 Who will separate us from the love of the Christ?+ Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword?+ 36 Just as it is written: “For your sake we are being put to death all day long; we have been accounted as sheep for slaughtering.”+ 37 On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious+ through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers+ 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It seems this topic has taken on a life of its own.

So just trying to add some comfort❤️post-2301-141352246881_thumb.jpg

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Nice words of comfort Jewel.  There are many are lovely points we can share in the ministry.  Keeping abreast of new developments too, can also be a point to talk on.  Since we're talking about it, you can know for certain so are many others.  

If we've had a chance to look at the information critically, we can share tidbits like the one I shared above.  We can also share that Jehovah's people are still in these lands, and while yes some of our members have passed, it is a very low percentage.  This specifically highlights the ability to control the spread of the illness through practical measures.  Missionaries have even returned to the area to continue to preach.  

If you were to share that point in the ministry you'd likely get a few raised eyebrows. This is where you can speak about the urgency of the times. Our message is so important that we must share it at all cost.  We do not shrink back in fear, but we are the sort that have courage.  We want to save others, and the message we bring at this point in time can do it both physically and spiritually.  

If we've looked at the information presented to us critically we can offer some insights as to why our people, as opposed to those who aren't part of our faith are suffering as they are.  Expressions of sympathy, and Jehovah's viewpoint of hope for their future.  Jer 29:11

It's very reminiscent of bible times in a lot of ways.  People will have to take note and some who do, may be saved. 

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I'm not trying to stir up panic, but I thought I would pass along a posting that was made in the group Kingdom Friendship on Facebook today:

"A Brother at my Hall, has a son who lives in Dallas in the medical industry, he spoke to another who is on the front line of this Ebola issue, Yes; they are expecting this to go viral very soon. He advise that every brother and sister should stock up on 1 to 2 months worth of food at the least. He said once the Government starts quarantine thousands of people, it is going to start a panic like never seen in America"

So yes, even the brothers and sisters are worried.