JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the silliest thing you have ever done? LOL

So it goes like this....Last night I was leaving a voicemail on my aunts answering machine. So im almost at the end of my one minute message then instead of saying "bye" I was like "In jesus' name Amen" hahahaha Im so glad it was my auntie I tell ya!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once asked a man, out in the field service, who was painting his mothers home on a tall ladder.....If He prayed over his food before he ate?:popcorn:

He said: "YES".:ok: It was my second day in the field service.

I can't believe I said that! :D

I have since then returned with magazine and no more rude questions.

Today I was teaching my second class of the day to second graders (English as Second Language) and I walked in and wrote everything on the board and had them start the assignment. Then I realized I needed an ink pen so I started looking for my bag, which I usually leave on the floor. I looked everywhere for it and was puzzled.

After about a minute I realized I still had it hanging from my shoulder!!! (The kids never even noticed any of this!)

I talked to my mom a few weeks back and she said to me - "kiss the dog and pet Debbie" (my wife).

We had a good laugh. Now it is our ongoing joke ;-)

I told Deb and she thought it was cute too.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Oh dear...... i've done too many silly things to list!

one of da best is that when i was young after having one of my first interviews i said goodbye, turned around and walked straight into the wall!!!!!! needless to say i didn't get the job :dance:

On a more spiritual silly thing.....i was offering the magazines on prayer the other month, for some reason my brain was NOT in gear with my mouth and i ended up saying "magazines on quayer".........got a funny look lol, but provided a good laugh for the householder (who took the mags and is now a route call ;) )

One of the silliest things I ever did was to ask the girl at Kentucky Fried Chicken if she had 2 breasts.:detective: She asked me if I didn't think that was a little personal.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Actually this was a sister in our congregation who had us all laughing.She looked up Read's Dentist in the telephone directory, noted the number and phoned up. Here's the conversation:

Sister: "Is that Read's?"

Woman replied:"Yes"

Sister: "Can I book for my 2 daughters, one after the other?"

Woman: "Both at the same time!"

Sister:"Yes, it will save time not having to making 2 journeys for them both."

Woman: " True, but that's tragic!"

Sister: " It's not that bad, they only need a quick check-up, no work done on them."

Woman: " How do you mean!?"

Sister:"They just need their teeth looked at!"

Woman: ......(Long pause then a giggle) "I think you have phoned the wrong number we are Reads the Funeral Directors!!"

Sister looks back in her directory and the Funeral Directors + number and it's just below the Dentists!

I could spend a week listing all the silly and crazy things I have ever done, lol. I'll post one though.

Few years back, we had a trailer that we hooked to the back of our truck to haul our camping gear. My husband bought some reflectors to put on it. I'm sitting in the kitchen, he walks in with the reflectors he bought, I take them out of the bag to look at them, then I turned off the light, lol. I don't know what I was doing. I know how reflectors work, and I know they don't work with the lights off, lol. My husband and kids just looked at me and laughed and my husband said "honey, they don't glow in the dark". So crazy, I still don't know why I did that.

I do things like that all the time, and I have no explanation, hahaha.

Just Yesterday in Field service.....I Jumped out of the car, there were two Big Dogs and an older man outside.

The Dogs greeted me lovingly as the other sister ,3 of them stayed in the car. Then The man said " I am an Agnostic..." I noticed on his two expensive auto's Mercedes , that they BOTH said Agnostic on the Licence plates.

SO..... He was smiling with eye contact and I was able to talk about the NATURAL Disasters going on around this world. He took the magazine and told me his name.

Hmmmmmm?

The Sisters all saw his plates that said "Agnostic #1. and #2. They said why did you leave something?. I did not know what Agnostic stood for.:yes: I do now.

The other day i called a sister just before i left the house. we talked for a while as i got ready to leave

The worst thing is, i couldnt find my cell phone. so i looked for it everywhere. The sister i was talking to noticed i was

not concentrating with what i was saying, so she asked whats up.

I told her iam looking for my cellphone. she couldnt stop laughing. you are talking to me using. it dummy!

she still laughs at me whenever i call her

Diana, that's cute. Looking for your cellphone while using it! But that's something that could happen to me too, I often like an old professor, looking for stuff I used a minute ago.

A few days ago I was praying, I was nearly asleep and wanted to finish before falling asleep, but instead of Amen, I said "liebe Grüße" which means "greetings" or "best regards" (something you write under a letter). I felt so ashamed, I couldn't sleep for a while... :blushing:

I missed a doctors appointment a couple of weeks ago so the doctor's secretary sent me a letter to remind me to rebook, which I did, and wrote the new appointment details on the letter.

Yesterday:

I find see the letter and see that my appointment is for 10:30, I look at my watch, it's 10:30 and I panic.

I ring the doctor's secretary to tell her I am running late.

She asks for my name."No your name isn't on our list for today."

I reply, " I've written down 10:30 am Wednesday the 25th!"

"Today is Tuesday!"...:upsidedown:

Oh man.... I am laughing in full tears here!!!!! I asked my uncle some stories of most embarrassing moments. Oh did he have some pretty good stories. Unfortunately, none of them happened to him.

A brother who has SEVERE stage fright, tried a shot of alcohol before he gave his 5 min talks. It worked. Then when he had his 15 min instruction talk, he would take 2 shots. He's been doing this for a couple years. Now comes his first public talk... hehehehe.... At the time it was 45 min. Well... he took to many shots. He gave his talk. Afterwards, he was taken in the back. The elder paused long.... looked at him and said, "First of all, David did not beat the hell out of Goliath...." LOL!!!! He actually said that in his talk. It was then, the elders found out what he's been doing for the previous 2 years. They helped him out with nerves, and now he's a pretty good speaker, minus the alcohol.

An elder I know, when he gave his first public talk, was so nervous he started snickering. Well, you know how you snicker at the meeting, you politely turn away, finish, turn back and continue? Well he was snickering so much, he ended up spinning in circles on the stage. He couldn't finish the talk. Fastforward several decades, he's a great speaker!

Funniest thing that happened to me? Oh man... This happened early 90's shortly after I was baptized. We had the C.O. visit. Our P.O. has NO sense of humor. Rarely laughed if he did. Well one meeting, just after first prayer, I noticed the sister in front of me with a piece of string on her shoulder. Being the "nice brother", I grabbed a hold of the string and took it off her. Well.... It was still attached... to her bra. It was a piece of string from the bra strap. It undid the whole thing. She shrieked, I freaked! She ran into the bathroom. I was almost in tears, because EVERYONE was staring at me. Guess who was sitting behind me? Yes, the P.O. and the C.O. Oh boy... They started snickering... then went into full laughter!!! The 2 of them excused themselves and went outside, They contined for another 10 min laughing. My stomach still gets in knots just thinking of it. LOL!!! So to this day, if I see string, I tell them to remove it themselves. I ABSOLUTELY refuse to do it anymore!!!

Oh man.... I am laughing in full tears here!!!!! I asked my uncle some stories of most embarrassing moments. Oh did he have some pretty good stories. Unfortunately, none of them happened to him.

A brother who has SEVERE stage fright, tried a shot of alcohol before he gave his 5 min talks. It worked. Then when he had his 15 min instruction talk, he would take 2 shots. He's been doing this for a couple years. Now comes his first public talk... hehehehe.... At the time it was 45 min. Well... he took to many shots. He gave his talk. Afterwards, he was taken in the back. The elder paused long.... looked at him and said, "First of all, David did not beat the hell out of Goliath...." LOL!!!! He actually said that in his talk. It was then, the elders found out what he's been doing for the previous 2 years. They helped him out with nerves, and now he's a pretty good speaker, minus the alcohol.

An elder I know, when he gave his first public talk, was so nervous he started snickering. Well, you know how you snicker at the meeting, you politely turn away, finish, turn back and continue? Well he was snickering so much, he ended up spinning in circles on the stage. He couldn't finish the talk. Fastforward several decades, he's a great speaker!

Funniest thing that happened to me? Oh man... This happened early 90's shortly after I was baptized. We had the C.O. visit. Our P.O. has NO sense of humor. Rarely laughed if he did. Well one meeting, just after first prayer, I noticed the sister in front of me with a piece of string on her shoulder. Being the "nice brother", I grabbed a hold of the string and took it off her. Well.... It was still attached... to her bra. It was a piece of string from the bra strap. It undid the whole thing. She shrieked, I freaked! She ran into the bathroom. I was almost in tears, because EVERYONE was staring at me. Guess who was sitting behind me? Yes, the P.O. and the C.O. Oh boy... They started snickering... then went into full laughter!!! The 2 of them excused themselves and went outside, They contined for another 10 min laughing. My stomach still gets in knots just thinking of it. LOL!!! So to this day, if I see string, I tell them to remove it themselves. I ABSOLUTELY refuse to do it anymore!!!

LOL LOL That probably did them a whole lot of good!!! And they would understand others better too.

Nothing bad can last forever!

The elder paused long.... looked at him and said, "First of all, David did not beat the hell out of Goliath...."

:lol1::lol2::lol1:

One of my most memorable moments in the ministry:

Picture the scene; A sister and I were working along a row of small terrace houses. While waiting for the householder to come to the door, I took a step back and fell backward over the adjoining neighbour's low dividing wall. I landed on my back with my legs in the air!!! :eek:Fortunately no one was at home!

As for me personally While I was still married to my first wife ( unbaptised publisher NOT RECOMMENDED) we were together and she asked me to call her boss for her next week's work schedual, upon saying our goodbyes I inadvertently said ok "I love you baby bye" and hung up the phone.

I was the butt of jokes for almost two years because of that , she was a nice lady and thought it was hilarious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was attending (visiting) my brother's congregation on sunday and the reader 1/2 way through the watchtower study realised his zipper was down, as he sat down after reading he casually zipped up .......................WELL when it was time for him to continue reading he was unable to stand because he had zipped his tie into his zipper and was unable to unzip to correct the situation, 2 very strong brothers came up onstage and carried him chair and all off the stage, and a new reader swiftly took his place.

Hi Josie, that is the funniest thing i ever read! Am still cracking up with laughter! too hilarious!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

Hi Micah, my husband and I cant hold back the tears of laughter! That gave us quite a good laugh, I can just imagine the brother saying how David beat the hell out of Goliath! ha ha ha!!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

It reminds me of some years back when we still used to have the book studies in homes in the evenings. We had a elder who if he caught you catching a wink during the study he would suddenly call upon you to give an answer to the questing asked. So there was this young brother who had dozed off and as sure as daylight the elder conducting the study called on him loudly by name to give him comment. To the utter amazement of the bookstudy group this young brother stood up with a start bowed his head and said 'LET US PRAY' , you can just guess the roars of laughter that followed!! LOL!

Also some years back a brother was given his first assignment on the school. It might have been good for the school overseer to have asked him to have working on gestures because he was holding onto the podium so tightly that after finishing his talk he walked off the stage with the podium!! to the amazement of all in the KH!! poor brother, his nerves got the better of him!

Ok, another EXPERIENCE from the ministry. The following happened about 6 or 7 years ago now.

A sister (good friend) and I knocked on the door, it was open but the fly screen door was shut. A good looking man comes running to answer the door wearing nothing but a towel. At the same time a phone starts ringing in his kitchen, which we can partially see from the door. He runs to the phone. I can't remember the next couple of seconds, I think the sister and I were talking. Then, we look toward the kitchen and can see the man's feet, as if he is laying on the floor, protruding from the kitchen entrance. What to do?????? In we go, he is flat out stark naked on the floor, knocked out. I tried to cover him up without looking, thinking of the Noah naked episode. He keeps trying to get up, we tell him to be still, but he won't listen, He insists on getting up and his legs are buckling underneath him, like a newborn foal. The other sister who his much taller and stronger helps him up and I have a chair which I'm trying to place under his bottom. He keeps saying he has to go to work. We're very worried but leave as he is adamant that he is OK. We find the elder who is working with us in the territory and tell him what has happened and that we are very worried about the man's health, so the elder goes back to check. The man still insists that he's OK and the elder retrieves my bible from the hall table at the man's house, I'd forgotten I'd put it down. We felt so guilty that we had someway contributed to his fall, all the same, we're almost hysterical by the time we got back on the street.

What ever happened to him I suppose I'll never know, I could not bring myself to go back to his door. Ah, the ministry, the places you'll go, the things you'll see.