JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2900 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We use to do this at our old KH. The hall we used was not in our territory, so we met for service at the hall and all drove to the parking lot in our territory.  What irritated me about this was often people would skip the service meeting (where we made the car groups) and just meet at the parking lot.  We had to then rearrange the car groups to accommodate those ones.  And it wasn't one or two that did this, it was quite a few.  

That use to happen a lot but not very much since the recent KM about the meeting for service.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My Pet Peeve is that other people HAVE pet peeves!!

What ever happened to Colossians 3:

13 Continue putting up with one another and forgiving one another freely even if anyone has a cause for complaint against another. Just as Jehovah freely forgave you, you must also do the same. 14 But besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love, for it is a perfect bond of union.

And John 13:35

35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

Well, I suppose I'll just have to keep putting up with you all  :lol1:

:wub:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My Pet Peeve is that other people HAVE pet peeves!!

Well, I suppose I'll just have to keep putting up with you all   :lol1:

Thanks!

This thread is intended to be a lighthearted look at some of the things that annoy us and it has included a lot more than just each other!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Here is another pet peeve (I didn't realize I had so many, what does that mean?)

I was meeting a brother in the territory at a corner, I texted him and he said he was at the same corner. We discovered the same two streets cross each other twice!

My pet peeve is non-theocratic friendly street designs!  :)

If you Lived in the deep south and your pet peeve is pronunciation of words at the meetings  in one month you would either be on Prozac, Commit Murder, or move.

Not me! I've just perfected the art of laughing silently, and almost choking before I get to my car!

But Lord bless their pea-pickin hearts, they do learn eventually, don't they?           :whistling:

I'll share my pet peeve, people who are a little obsessive compulsive over the pronunciation of words.

If I say ink pen even if it sounds like ink pin ,I obviously meant pen or I wouldn't have said the ink part.

Also hill...why would I say 'House on the heel?' I obviously meant hill though my hill rhymes with feel.

It's interesting that it's only in some areas where "pin" and "pen" sound different. Almost everywhere it's identical.

It's interesting that it's only in some areas where "pin" and "pen" sound different. Almost everywhere it's identical.

Personally I think there is a big difference between having an accent and mispronouncing a word, my pet peeve is about ones that don't seem to take the time to do it right.

Just to keep this in perspective, it's not really a pet peeve, it just when I hear some words it makes my ears perk up and my head do a momentary involuntary shake... :D

Now that is an interesting comment.  I have never heard those two words sound alike. They are so distinctively different. 

Let me hear everyone say "Park the car"

Yup, that's what I thought.

:D

Personally I think there is a big difference between having an accent and mispronouncing a word, my pet peeve is about ones that don't seem to take the time to do it right.

Just to keep this in perspective, it's not really a pet peeve, it just when I hear some words it makes my ears perk up and my head do a momentary involuntary shake... :D

I agree with this 110%. There is a difference between having an accent ( we don't have accents here ) and mispronunciation, for example adding superfluous syllables or worse shortening long words. 

I agree with this 110%. There is a difference between having an accent ( we don't have accents here ) and mispronunciation, for example adding superfluous syllables or worse shortening long words. 

I think California and Colorado are the two states that don't have accents or slang, for sure dude, it would like gnarly if we did.

I am starting to develop a pet peeve re: threads that don't mention beards. So, lets look at this month's (June 1, 2015) and the lineage of our Brother Kevin Williams. Do the people on page 12 or page 14 appear to be more aesthetically pleasing? Answer quickly if you can,because I think my dear Brother B_ _ will be moving or eliminating this post.  We did agree that this was a light-hearted approach, right?  :tongue:   We all appreciate our moderators. :rockon:

Ha! There is a difference between slang and accents. I think slang is universal, I try not to use it though. By no accent I meant that linguists refer to Colorado as having a neutral or unmarked accent. It's the reason we have so many of those call centers everyone loves. Speaking to someone from Colorado you would have a hard time pinning down where they are from based on the way they speak. The closest you'll come to a Colorado accent is that cowboy drawl you'll find in the ranching communities.

I am starting to develop a pet peeve re: threads that don't mention beards. So, lets look at this month's (June 1, 2015) and the lineage of our Brother Kevin Williams. Do the people on page 12 or page 14 appear to be more aesthetically pleasing? Answer quickly if you can,because I think my dear Brother B_ _ will be moving or eliminating this post.  We did agree that this was a light-hearted approach, right?  :tongue:   We all appreciate our moderators. :rockon:

Actually I find the beard in #3 strangely comforting. 

Also, the back page of this month's Awake mentions 1 in 8 deaths occurred as a result of air pollution. I have been (near) deathly ill from fragrances, which contribute to air pollution.Where is that emoticon about beating a subject to death, or beating a dead horse.  :wall:

Edited by kejedo

I am starting to develop a pet peeve re: threads that don't mention beards. 

We did mention beards. See post #60.

Just to stay on topic, my new pet peeve is about.......

oh, nevermind... :D

Actually I find the beard in #3 strangely comforting. 

Hi wife Pheobe is pictured right next to him.I wonder if she liked his beard. I think it is difficult to see if he is smiling or frowning.  Some feel that men are difficult to read, anyway. (Not my particular pet peeve.) From what we can see of Thomas's face, it seems that the family resemblance carried through the generations. I particularly like how Pheobe is dressed and coiffed.

Hi wife Pheobe is pictured right next to him.I wonder if she liked his beard. I think it is difficult to see if he is smiling or frowning.  Some feel that men are difficult to read, anyway. (Not my particular pet peeve.) From what we can see of Thomas's face, it seems that the family resemblance carried through the generations. I particularly like how Pheobe is dressed and coiffed.

Her dress is awesome, We see a lot of this type of dress around here( not from our Sisters). There are many Victorian Steampunk, Period societies in this area. I think you would be able to tell his emotion from his eyes. At least my eyes always give me away. 

:offtopic:  :D

:offtopic:  :D

I know, I'm going to get 'killed'  for my difficulty of staying on topic. (Sorry, Moderators).  :surrender:  I recently stopped teaching five high school subjects, interdisciplinary, as well as ESL. So I tend to blend subjects. Maybe I'll start a 'Did you know?" topic with some of my intertwining trivia. But, I might get kicked off for good if I tried that.Hmm :detective:  

I finally thought of something that is humorously a "pet peeve:". When the brother handling the microphones stands just in the right spot to block the conductor from seeing my hand.  p.s. I have to sit in the back (row,not room, but sometimes  backroom) b/c I have to leave in a hurry, sometimes, if I am in respiratory distress and have to go to a medical center. The first time I had an asthma attack at this Hall, a Brother in the Medical field came out, as I was leaving the bldg and said, "Do you realize you are having an asthma attack and may need medical attention?" So, to avoid disturbing anyone else, I sit as far back as possible. (Also looking for the least fragrance exposure.) In case of a hasty retreat, I can leave unobtrusively. Anyway, I have gone pretty much an entire meeting with the mike handler blocking the conductor's view of my supporting hand. Hmm,I wonder if any of this is on topic. Still trying. YS,pauline

I don't know if I've used this as a pet peeve, yet, but I frequently hear people say, " I know of someone in a different congregation who REALLY gets sick from perfume."  I guess I somehow don't look the part of someone who is REALLY affected by environmental triggers. Maybe I just don't look sick enough, or I appear to be just faking it.I have the medical bills and doctor's diagnoses for proof, if necessary. Well, at least I have Jehovah to confide in as well as a few in the Hall who are also affected. :deadhorse:     :D

I finally thought of something that is humorously a "pet peeve:". When the brother handling the microphones stands just in the right spot to block the conductor from seeing my hand. 

Thanks for bringing that up. I know that when I handle the mics I always try to stand next to the last row so i don't block the conductors view. When I see him looking at someone I start moving that direction so it doesn't take me all day to get the mic to them. When I see someone raise their hand and it looks like the conductor didn't see it, I'll slowly move to the edge of that row and my movement catches his attention.

There is a sister in our cong that will accidentally turn off the mic every time she gets it. We thought there was a problem with the mic until we realized it was the way she would grip it. It's not a pet peeve, just something funny.

I don't know if I've used this as a pet peeve, yet, but I frequently hear people say, " I know of someone in a different congregation who REALLY gets sick from perfume."  I guess I somehow don't look the part of someone who is REALLY affected by environmental triggers. Maybe I just don't look sick enough, or I appear to be just faking it.I have the medical bills and doctor's diagnoses for proof, if necessary. Well, at least I have Jehovah to confide in as well as a few in the Hall who are also affected. :deadhorse:     :D

Sounds like a pet peeve to me  :D

Start wearing a Haz-Mat suit or at least have a chemical face mask in your purse.

post-574-0-45730400-1433374394.jpg post-574-0-37598700-1433374412.jpg