JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Love for earth

Today I was thinking how beautiful earth is.

I am crazily in love with earth.

Its nature scenery along with its majestic mountains

Its fruits

The Oceans

The greenery

Children

Music

Rain

Cool breezes

And there is hill station called ooty in my state. And when we travel there, some twenty kms is full of eclayptus trees. And when you breathe, you could imagine such a fresh air, unbelievable.

7cd2c14daa1170de92650a3d7dee45b2.jpg

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Dolphins and whales, especially Orcas, are the animals I would like to get close to in the new system.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing with a lion, but that's not the animal that I am really looking forward to getting to know better.

post-574-0-33430200-1436818079.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When I was a child growing up in the truth, I used to think: don't litter because I will have to pick that up in the New System. What a beautifully clean earth this could be even with imperfect humans if it weren't for Satan's influence. People throw trash out their car windows...and build factories that pollute the air and water--and can't think of any way to handle the trash except build mountains of garbage dumps.

And still--left on its own, this wonderful earth heals itself with enough time. AMAZING! 

Lots of love and gratitude to the awesome designer of our planet--Jehovah!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I couldn't agree more. What a beautiful planet Jehovah has created for us. With all the ugly that Devil has caused, it makes me happy to see creation... The clouds, a rainbow, a flower, the taste of strawberries, trees, insects. Everything serving a purpose. I think, wow everything has so much detail and love build into it, so perfect. Thank you Jehovah God. May we all get ahold of the real life in the next system of things.

263355f3769557f612be75ae3115de46.jpg

Nusa Island resort.

The resort didn't exist when I was there. Kevieng, the town across the channel, is the hub of the area. As kids we would try and swim from one side of the channel to the other. They often caught hammerhead sharks on the wharf. We'd stop what we were doing and have a look at it. Then we' dump straight back in the water and continue swimming. We had no sense of danger I guess. People often got killed by crocodiles in the rivers, but I don't remember a single person being attacked by a shark.

Compared to other towns in P.N.G. Kavieng is still pretty safe. Island people are generally much friendlier.

New Ireland (the main island) was occupied by the Japanese during WWII, and the place is full of bunkers that have been carved into the coral (it's a coral island). We often found crates of weapons and ammo stashed in small bunkers hidden in the undergrowth.

The Japanese expected the "allies" to land and engage in a land battle, so they bunkered down for the fight. Instead, they flew over and dropped hundreds of bombs on them. So, we also found quite a few unexploded bombs. One was in a huge bamboo patch we would play in, and cut down large trunks to make rafts out of. There was nothing left of the bamboo patch when they blew the bomb up, but we dug some cool chunks of shrapnel out of nearby trees that survived the blast. :)

When the Japanese left, they drove their tanks as far out into the reef as they could, and just left them there to rust. They also pushed heaps of equipment (including fighter planes) overboard into the ocean. As a result, the area has gained a reputation as a spot to scuba dive. Great reef and interesting wrecks.

We lived about 1/3 the way down the Island, on the north side. My fondest memories are from that area. No TV, no radio, and we didn't even have electricity. We had nothing to do except enjoy the spectacular reef, amazing bird life, and wonderful people!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my reminiscing. :)