JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Androgynous clothing on the way?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3273 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Once in a while, I find something in a store suitable to wear. But most of the time, I feel like the clothing and shoes is for aliens. I buy most of my clothes in resale shops, or on line. In resale shops. I figure the shoes I have will last for some time. (Once a year, I toss them in the washer. Right. Then spiffy them up with polish. Only one brand I know I can get b with this. But it gives me fresh shoes from year to year.) Clothing and shoes are for shock anymore. Entrainment, and we know whose in charge of entertainment!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I always thought lace accents could be for either gender lol of course I like the way the Victorians era was fashioned, I guess I'm old fashioned... But it would be nice to be able to tell what gender a person is so I can correctly address them when speaking to them. O.o

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Catwalk today, highstreet tomorrow - all part of the blurriing of the sexes that has beeen ongoing for many years, paving the way in the social consciousness for the acceptance of homosexuality as normal and (the next big push) the move to accept transexual-transgenders as "normal".

I am suddenly reminded of medieval / renascence clothing.

See how fashion goes around and ones around.

thought this too.

Maybe a little French Chic. lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Many dressing styles come and go. It's sad that it is harder and harder to tell men from women. Just makes it harder to find clothing that doesn't reflect the spirit of this world.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I always thought lace accents could be for either gender lol of course I like the way the Victorians era was fashioned, I guess I'm old fashioned... But it would be nice to be able to tell what gender a person is so I can correctly address them when speaking to them. O.o

Hands and voice a clue. I think it is disgusting. And Satan's effort to draw mainstream mankind along with his agenda. Pretty well working. Look at manner of dress and tattoos. Never mind hair and body piercings!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

This article was specifically about men's clothing becoming more feminine; lace, skorts, loosely tied jabots. When this style came around in the 70s, one of my work-mates husbands had an issue with men wearing skirts. He said, "I can't tell if they are a man or a woman." Not in the truth at that time, yet, I thought to myself, "Why do we need to know the gender of passersby?"  Now, it has a much larger significance to me, b/c we are representing the God of the Universe and not any fashion house. I am still not interested in the identity of people who walk by me,other than to wonder, "Can I offer a tract?"  I am glad to be among a well dressed group. whose respectability goes beyond apparel.

This article was specifically about men's clothing becoming more feminine; lace, skorts, loosely tied jabots. When this style came around in the 70s, one of my work-mates husbands had an issue with men wearing skirts. He said, "I can't tell if they are a man or a woman." Not in the truth at that time, yet, I thought to myself, "Why do we need to know the gender of passersby?"  Now, it has a much larger significance to me, b/c we are representing the God of the Universe and not any fashion house. I am still not interested in the identity of people who walk by me,other than to wonder, "Can I offer a tract?"  I am glad to be among a well dressed group. whose respectability goes beyond apparel.

It is not a matter of us knowing the genders of passersby .... it is more a matter of others knowing OUR gender - we may not be interested with the gender of those we pass by but, when others pass us by they should never be in doubt as to OUR gender.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I've always thought it important so as not to address the person in a way that will detract from the message. Unfortunately, I've worked with a number of transgender people. Making the appropriate address may seem like a small thing, but, starting off on the wrong foot does play a part in whether you get to further the conversation or not. What the person decides to do with the message after that is on them but I (me personally) don't want to add to the reason they may reject the seed I am trying to place.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Does this mean it is OK for a man to wear a maternity blouse?

I have a middle-age belly I'd like to hide...

:)

LOL.  It might be more practical for you to invest in Spanx undershirts for men.  http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/sale/style/men-s/cat-38-catid-fncat_spx_sal_styl_men

Just keep in mind, they minimize, not perform miracles.  LOL

LOL.  It might be more practical for you to invest in Spanx undershirts for men.  http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/sale/style/men-s/cat-38-catid-fncat_spx_sal_styl_men

Didn't Br Morris say that we shouldn't wear Spanx?

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It's distressing. I went to call on a lady last week and a teen answered the door. "He" politely listened as I explained that I was there to drop off the latest mag. I then asked this person, "are you Kelly's son?". He abruptly took the mag. and closed the door. Walking back to the car, the Sis. said to me, "didn't you see 2 earrings and boobs :o  :lol:

So perhaps it was a girl...but she looked and sounded male to me. So, I may have to apologize on the next RV, for calling someone out of their gender. Crazy!

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

There are men's stylish shirts that look like they are a new twist on "Bowling Shirt style." They look very attractive untucked, maybe not for meetings or service, unless covered by a jacket.

Also Tommy Bahama shirts: http://www1.macys.com/shop/mens/featured-brands/tommy-bahama?id=21707&edge=hybrid&cm_mmc=MSN_Bing_Mens-_-Mens+Tommy+Bahama+-+B_Mens+Tommy+Bahama+Shirts-_-7766060892_b-_-Tommy%20Bahama%20Shirts%20Men%27s_mkwid_bZB3lYHnf_7766060892%7C-%7CZB3lYHnf

Think I'll start hula hooping with my fave 3 year old, again tomorrow. Need to warm up that core. Also, when I remember to pull in the tummy whenever, it improves the posture.   

There are men's stylish shirts that look like they are a new twist on "Bowling Shirt style." They look very attractive untucked, maybe not for meetings or service, unless covered by a jacket.

What about a nice muumuu?

Maybe I can find a pinstripe muumuu for the meetings... :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D