JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bloodless Surgery - An Interesting Article

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3142 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just read this in the New Yorker, apparently it will be a three part series on Jehovah's Witnesses and bloodless surgery. A very well done article, I think.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-jehovahs-witnesses-are-changing-medicine

I just wanted to share.

***edit***

Now if they could just find a synthetic blood that didn't rely on the use of stem cells.

Edited by Brother Arellano

I guess you'll just have to keep an eye open for the next articles i didn't see any way to be informed. 

This is on the top of the article:

"This is the first in a three-part series, “Medicine Without Blood,” about the ways that Jehovah’s Witnesses have changed how doctors think about blood transfusion."

Just read this in the New Yorker, apparently it will be a three part series on Jehovah's Witnesses and bloodless surgery. A very well done article, I think.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-jehovahs-witnesses-are-changing-medicine

I just wanted to share.

***edit***

Now if they could just find a synthetic blood that didn't rely on the use of stem cells.

Depends on the origin of the stem cell, if they're somatic or if they're embryonic. There is a stem cell technology which replicates somatic stem cells and they are made by a company called intelligent nano. My own conscience would permit me to take somatic ones but not the embryonic. As stem cells are not blood.
Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Very nice article. Thanks for posting.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

"A bag of blood that’s been sitting in storage is “like a dirty fish tank you haven’t cleaned in a month.” 

ick.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

The second article is real good also. Thanks for posting. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Depends on the origin of the stem cell, if they're somatic or if they're embryonic. There is a stem cell technology which replicates somatic stem cells and they are made by a company called intelligent nano. My own conscience would permit me to take somatic ones but not the embryonic. As stem cells are not blood.

Stem cells are something I wish i knew more about. It's been low priority on my research calendar 

I'm surprised no one has seen this or posted it. Two of three articles--the 3rd is not available yet

How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Changing Medicine

Should Anyone Be Given a Blood Transfusion?

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/should-anyone-be-given-a-blood-transfusion

it is indeed exciting to see how our brothers are utilizing jw.org to the full adding the medical/ blood info 

... wonder if they may consider adding something similar on school info

for teachers/ principals etc regarding JWs children

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Joan Ortiz, who is now at home in Florida, after her bloodless surgery to remove a tumor from her abdomen and spine, said that her experience “is building others’ faith” in her congregation. For a time, she walked slowly, afraid that her stitches would pop. She wore flats instead of heels and struggled with a swollen stomach. But now she’s back to a full exercise regime and, later this summer, she hopes to present her story to thousands of listeners in a religious assembly.

When asked about the Australian case, she said, “Oh, honey, please don’t be sad for her. The two of them will be resurrected, and she’ll get to see her new baby, and neither one of them will have that leukemia.”

“This sister has more of a hope to live in the new world than I do,” she added. “Because I still live here and I could make mistakes.”

What a beautiful witness Sister Ortiz gave. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Did you guys know that this series of links existed?

http://www.jw.org/en/medical-library/

We also had this announcement made at the meetings last night, with a specific emphasis that it is not meant for us, but for the medical community. What a generous generous generous God we serve, who "makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous." Matt 5:45
Edited by Bonx