JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Scientists discover fossils of new human-like species in South African cave:

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3134 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Ancient fossils in African cave are tantalizing glimpse of early man

One of the richest collections of early-human fossils ever found has been hauled out of an African cave, thanks to the efforts of a handpicked team of scientists slender enough to fit through ancient narrow passageways, researchers announced today.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this too, they're still trying to make the link from ape to man. There's supposedly a missing stretch of time where the transformation is made. Got me to wondering why do people need to think we came from apes? Why can't apes be apes and men be men? Zebra's and mules (donkey's, asses)  look like horses but they're not horses. 

At the meeting today I kind of got my answer, apparently there's a book that was written in 1930's called Elements of Geology, I guess it was the beginnings of what Darwin would later take full on. I want to look more into this but haven't done it yet. So the theory of ape/man was never a thought until 1930's. It's amazing how much changed and how much misinformation came out when Jehovah started revealing his truths. Br. Russell had to confront all this stuff in it's infancy and in all it's public excitement. Not only were people buffaloed by false religion, our brothers now had Darwinism to battle. 

http://darwin200.christs.cam.ac.uk/pages/index.php?page_id=d7

By the 1870s Darwin was already seen as a revolutionary scientist and his theory was largely accepted. - interesting how this time frame is the same as Br Russell's work, satan was plotting to make as much confusion as possible. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Cheryl, evolutionist don't believe man comes from the apes we see today. They think we share a common ancestor with chimpanzees, an ape-like creature some of whose descentants became chimpanzees, some nearly human, and some truly human. At the same time they believe that common ancestor, in turn, comes from a previous creature from which gorillas and orangutans evolved too. Not that it's any more credible or supported by proofs.

Recently I was checking the websites of different well-respected research institutions because I wanted to see the genealogical tree of the Homo genus, according to evolution. I was surprised to discover that there is no standard genealogical tree. There are different "species" (homo erectus, homo habilis, homo neanderthalensis, etc) and every researcher distributes them differently. Any theories of which species predates which needs corrected after every new discovery. The Smithsonian was probably the most honest of those I consulted since their website only lists the several species but without giving any specific timeline or any links between them.

By the 1870s Darwin was already seen as a revolutionary scientist and his theory was largely accepted. - interesting how this time frame is the same as Br Russell's work, satan was plotting to make as much confusion as possible. 

That is a great point. Since Jehovah was making light bright again, Satan needed some more smoke and fireworks to mislead people.

The researchers make the point that these 'early men' showed ritual played a part in their disposal of the dead. In other words they showed respect for their dead. More than the researchers do! They just drag the bones out to put on display and say "look how good WE are!"

Actually, the scientific community has sharply criticized Berger's claims but of course that isn't the headline grabber that "new species discovered" is.

I saw this too, they're still trying to make the link from ape to man. There's supposedly a missing stretch of time where the transformation is made. Got me to wondering why do people need to think we came from apes? Why can't apes be apes and men be men? Zebra's and mules (donkey's, asses)  look like horses but they're not horses. 

At the meeting today I kind of got my answer, apparently there's a book that was written in 1930's called Elements of Geology, I guess it was the beginnings of what Darwin would later take full on. I want to look more into this but haven't done it yet. So the theory of ape/man was never a thought until 1930's. It's amazing how much changed and how much misinformation came out when Jehovah started revealing his truths. Br. Russell had to confront all this stuff in it's infancy and in all it's public excitement. Not only were people buffaloed by false religion, our brothers now had Darwinism to battle. 

http://darwin200.christs.cam.ac.uk/pages/index.php?page_id=d7

There is quite a lot of critical responses to the claim of a new species.  Some experts are suggesting that the bones are likely Homo Erectus, which of course is supposed to be a critical path in the evolution of modern man from older primates.

As Carlos says, there are no anthropologists who claim modern man descended from modern primates - they are meant to have a common ancestor.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)