JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our new Imitate Jesus book got an update already!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3137 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I got a notification that my JW LIB app was updated and when I opened it up to check for anything new I saw that the new Imitate Jesus book that we just got at our RC this year had an update ready for download already!  I can't imagine what they would have to update already - does anyone know what information was changed/added/or updated?  Just curious.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Actually, Stavro posted the changes in a different thread, they were all pretty minor. Thanks for checking into for me, I would of deleted this topic after I found out but wasn't able to.

I got a notification that my JW LIB app was updated and when I opened it up to check for anything new I saw that the new Imitate Jesus book that we just got at our RC this year had an update ready for download already!  I can't imagine what they would have to update already - does anyone know what information was changed/added/or updated?  Just curious.

Sis in one night I went through the new book and the old book together a compare it too, Here is what I see:

1. Most  pictures are different and some might look the same, but they are not. The settings and different and the color of clothes are different too.

2. Information is different and updated.

3. Many chapters have different names.

4 The reason why there are more chapters in the new book is because the shifting of chpt 112 and onward. 

5. The old book covers Mathew 24, 25 chptrs in one chpt, but the new book breaks it up along with the concluding chapters in Mathew

I love to study and annualise things. Enjoy

Sis in one night I went through the new book and the old book together a compare it too, Here is what I see:

Dusty, she was talking about the changes to the new book.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We only just got t his last weekend what an amazing book. Still some conventions yet to receive this though. (Would not have known what you guys were talking about if we hadn't got it this weekend). 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

The revelation book got a bunch of minor changes; but in all honesty it was really no change at all; just facts and figures of a statistical nature mostly.  The new publication is probly an effort to help with translation efforts more then anything else.  I really didn't see any new light in it when studying it.

The revelation book got a bunch of minor changes; but in all honesty it was really no change at all; just facts and figures of a statistical nature mostly.  The new publication is probly an effort to help with translation efforts more then anything else.  I really didn't see any new light in it when studying it.

Are you speaking of the 2006 revision of the Revelation book, or a newer printing not yet available on WOL?

The 2006 Revelation book revision had lots of important doctrinal updates, as listed in the September 2006 KM. (km 9/06 p. 3)

I'm pretty sure that the Revelation book isn't on jw.org so the revision he is talking about is probably the 2006. I think if we ever study it again, it will need an "over-haul" because of the light getting so bright in the last 10 years already! Plus the scriptures quoted would have to be updated to the Revised NWT - big over-haul!

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)