JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WHO report: Bacon causes Cancer

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3048 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I can't believe that on our news they stated it was just as harmful as cigarettes...are you serious people???

If this is so, won't we need to stop eating it according to scriptures like cigarettes? It's awful news...

Okay, suddenly, this all sounds like a ploy from the tobacco industry to subliminally program people into downplaying the dangers of smoking.

Eating bacon may be bad for health like cigarettes but it does not match the filth of cigarettes. Smoking is a filthy habit!

Also, eating bacon doesn't mess with your mind or enslave you.

Okay, suddenly, this all sounds like a ploy from the tobacco industry to subliminally program people into downplaying the dangers of smoking

I seriously hope you are joking. I seriously doubt the WHO is subsidized by the tobacco industry. Did I miss the joke?

The WHO has classified bacon as being carcinogenic which means it could fractionally affect your chances of getting cancer.

Avoiding bacon based on this report would be like refusing to drink water because someone may drown in the ocean.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have felt for 20 years that if everyone reduced their meat consumption by 10% it would be better for their health, reduce aduse of animals by meat producers and probably help the environment because of reduced requirement for land to raise the animals. This was not my own idea but came from various sources that I read.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Are you Sure? Look at Bacon - Jerry :eat: :eat: :eat::lol1:

Says the guy with 2 heads (ONE of which is a CAT!!)   :lol1:

OR - did I just prove your point   :lol1:

EAT MORE BACON!!!

post-272-0-78696100-1446055112.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

We need to stop anti bacon nonsense right now.... Nip it in the bud before this propaganda spreads.... Who's with me?

You can join us @ JERRYS FOR BACON UNITED!!!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We need to stop anti bacon nonsense right now.... Nip it in the bud before this propaganda spreads.... Who's with me?

The whole situation just isn't sliced right, it really fries me the way they smoke up the issue instead of curing it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I am beginning to think there might be a conspiracy here...

The price of bacon had recently surged due to an epidemic, but if people stop eating bacon then the prices will drop.

I think the WHO is trying to manipulate the price of bacon....

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2014/04/08/us-bacon-prices-rise-after-disease-kills-baby-pigs-/7475457/

:lol:

I'm afraid we stand no chance, the King James Version of the bible, hath prophesied:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

[...]

commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving [clearly it means bacon] of them which believe and know the truth.

This little piggie went to market   :yes:

post-272-0-38938000-1446128065.jpg

YUMMY!!!! I had a taste for the piggies even when I was little   :lol1: 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This little piggie went to market   :yes:

YUMMY!!!! I had a taste for the piggies even when I was little   :lol1:

No matter how you slice it, we seem to have taste for pig..

I just hope it isn't considered an unclean animal after Armageddon... :(

I am beginning to think there might be a conspiracy here...

The price of bacon had recently surged due to an epidemic, but if people stop eating bacon then the prices will drop.

I think the WHO is trying to manipulate the price of bacon....

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2014/04/08/us-bacon-prices-rise-after-disease-kills-baby-pigs-/7475457/

:lol:

Was it those pigs who taped your mouth shut? WHO? You know WHO.