JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2847 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I agree sister Roberta, even society has found that music is very important to people. It's a very interesting time right now, I was not expecting things to happen like this, it was a shock and now it's affecting people everywhere. The governments keep repeating "do not let them cause you to fear because then they have won" however, the government's are scared also because they are implementing security everywhere around the world. They stated on the news tonight in the U.S. That they are preparing for an attack here as well, they have threatened that they will act and they feel it is credible. Just trying to think about it, shopping centers around Christmas time are probably a good target, another protection we have. They are setting up extra security at the malls and shopping centers where I live and I'm sure it is nationwide.

The terrorists firmly believed they are going to be rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven when they die while committing these atrocities.  

They are partially correct except it's 144,000 spiritual virgins, it's not a reward and they wont be in heaven...

The only part they got right is, they die...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

In the French media, as you can imagine, comments are millions... and they are talking about virgins, obviously for men, and handsome young men ("éphèbes" in French), supposedly for women and men alike (??) ; who knows with those people? they are driven by the Opposer, so any option is possible.

Ok, so now the main suspect masterminding the Paris attacks is confirmed dead in the raids in St Dennis earlier this week.  You cut off one snake, and more pop up.....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-19/suspected-mastermind-of-paris-attacks-confirmed-dead/6956822

You are right sis. A while ago when golf war 2 was happening a person mention on the news is that what the USA are doing is that they booming the Middle East and creating more Saddan Hussens of Ben Ladens.

You are right sis. A while ago when golf war 2 was happening a person mention on the news is that what the USA are doing is that they booming the Middle East and creating more Saddan Hussens of Ben Ladens.

That's par for the course.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I restrained myself from that answer.  Work on self-control, brother!

Sorry, I didn't mean to tee you off... :)

Edited by Tortuga

:D So they blow themselves up to have intercourse  in heaven with multiple female partners? I thought that it would not be an issue in western world to find consenting female partners if you have the looks or the money for it.

Is there any other religion that teaches to commit suicide and kill others you are rewarded with virgins in heaven? Just curious why would women be their reward from God? They speak out about how they don't like the promiscuity of the western world yet having that many women is worse in my opinion...

Can't they find them on earth instead of waisting all their time on killing they could work on their personality and get more wives maybe...

It was not a 'thinly veiled comment', just a comment which further comments are reading way too much into that are distracting from what I had stated that there probably [ or shouldn't have been ] any brothers killed at the concert.

I do not wish to keep this side issue going so as far as I am concerned 'end of discussion about concert goers in Paris attack'.

Fyi,

Religious Catholic coworker asked me if I heard about lyrics being played when attack at concert.... He told me. KISS THE DEVIL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320420/Joyous-crowd-wave-smile-enjoy-Eagles-Death-Metal-concert-just-moments-89-murdered-ISIS-gunmen.html

There are several websites saying that.

Fyi,

Religious Catholic coworker asked me if I heard about lyrics being played when attack at concert.... He told me. KISS THE DEVIL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320420/Joyous-crowd-wave-smile-enjoy-Eagles-Death-Metal-concert-just-moments-89-murdered-ISIS-gunmen.html

There are several websites saying that.

I googled it and apparently the band does play a song by that title and the lyrics are available. I'm not judging anyone that was at the concert but I wouldn't go see a band that was known for writing and singing that song.

All these attempts lately by muslim apologetics to downplay the dangerous side of their religion really annoy me.

I spent too much time - resulting from a deep desire to actually see the good side of Islam - actually reading the Quran and learning about the Hadith and biography of Mohammed to fall for this stuff anymore.

What really confuses me is that these people, so most muslims, actually want peace, tolerance and love in their community, whether it means together with pagans / Hindus / polytheists, "people of the book" / jews / Christians.... and yet they cling so desperately to an ideology and religious system they know full well is rooted in war, bloodshed, rape and other barbarities. 

Then again, can you blame them? The penalty for apostasy in Islam is death. Apostasy in islam means "changing your religion", it doesn't even mean talking bad about your previous one. Of course, many have still undergone the step and become Jehovah's Witnesses, or a member of Christendom, or atheists or something else and were not killed by their family or friends. But that damocles sword always hovers over you when you start allowing those nagging doubts to overcome you....

Brigitte Gabriel gives FANTASTIC answer to Muslim woman claiming all Muslims are portrayed badly

I read this letter from a Singapore muslim that went somewhat viral with 44.000 shares worldwide

432117_10150713798105955_1088001919_n.jp
Sulaiman Daud

I want to thank well-meaning non-Muslims who, in the wake of these attacks, have emphasised that they have been carried out by a small, twisted minority. A terrorist's goal is to sow hatred and discord, and by not giving in, you are defeating their plans.

But I want to say that as a Muslim, I wish that we weren't so quick to emphasise that this has nothing to do with us. While I personally have never killed anyone and none of my friends and family have ever resorted to violence, radicalism has everything to do with Islam. And the failure to address that out of a well-intentioned commitment to tolerance is making the problem worse.

ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and it is an Islamic problem. Let me say it again to be perfectly clear. ISIS is a Muslim organisation, and they are a cancer at the heart of Islam. And the problem will not go away until Muslims confront that.

ISIS attackers scream 'Allah hu'akbar' during their attacks.

ISIS recruits cite Qur'anic verses as justification for the rape and enslavement of women.

ISIS soldiers kill archaeologists, gay men and women, and people who refuse to convert to Islam because they are blasphemers.

There are no Christians in ISIS. There are no Buddhists, Jews, Pagans, Taoists, Houngans, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus or even Scientologists in ISIS. ISIS is a Muslim organisation and they kill in the name of Islam.

So don't say that ISIS aren't 'true Muslims' or that they are 'not really Muslims'. Like any large organisation, ISIS exists in a spectrum. You have the aimless, restless teenager who never amounted to anything in his life and traveled to Syria because he can't find a job and doesn't know if the Qur'an is to be read from left to right or right to left. But you also have pious professionals, businessmen, and academics who read their Qur'an cover to cover, pray every day, were seduced into radicalism, and truly believe that the Islamic State's goal of conquest is a noble one. The so-called 'Caliph' Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi has a doctorate in Islamic studies.

So if you feel that Muslims are being oppressed or killed in Muslim countries, I expect you to also be just as outraged by ISIS. Because they have killed more Muslims in Iraq, Syria and Jordan than the entire US army. They have done more damage to the name and reputation of Islam than any Western nation. ISIS is Islam's biggest enemy, not the US, not Israel or France or Germany or the Russians.

We have to own the problem. We have to admit that this is a religious problem, and we need to renew our commitment to a secular country which treats all religions equally. I have believed in the importance of secularism all my life, and with every day that passes that belief grows stronger. Religion is no way to govern a nation. Not any religion, and not any nation.

ISIS is not America's problem, nor the British, nor the French. ISIS is not Syria or Iraq's problem. ISIS is a problem for Muslims. And if you can't admit that, you're not really a good Muslim either.

‪#‎LibertyFraternityEquality‬

‪#‎LongLiveTheRepublic‬

The political problem  is that you can't really secularize islam. It is a political religion. As compared to Christianity, where God eventually steps in and destroys the wicked, the creation of global Islam is in the hands and the responsibility of believers.

Edited by ChocoBro

You can see that all the governments are taken a firm decision, and a serie of decisions to combat the terrorism in the future..

As Christians, we know that the superior authorities are placed by God, and we are glad that they try to protect the citizens the best they can...But we know through the Bible Prophecies, that we live in the end-times, and that the Great tribulation can start every moment.. Thus, we have to remain vigilant, preparing ourselves on a spiritual way.. So that if we are in the storm of this violent world, we can keep our focus on Jesus Christ..

I have listened to a lot of persons during this week, also in the field service, and I noted that a great fear, and a lost in security, is living among them.. Rather than talking about religion issues, ore being involved in discussions in making the religion issue the focus point in the field service, we used scriptures to comfort them, and I saw that it helped a lot, and we got good results.

I hope that you will have also good results in the field service these days, in comforting, and using the wonderful word of God that can reach the hearts of every sort of person...

Threat level increased from 3 to 4 in Brussel.. Extra news in Belgium here..

The government , national security, is asking to not go to Brussel..

There are indications that a terrorist attack in Brussel could be possible...

Today they will announce other measures for the city of Brussel..

All great evenments, , all the football evenments, and the use of the metro and bus are cancelled.

I think that this weekend tthe brothers living in Brussel.. will not have their meetings in Brussel...

But I have not confirmation about it..

Our poor brothers and sisters in Europe and particularly Belgium!  We know Jehovah has this all in hand, so we don't need to be anxious of the outcome.  But the tension there must be palpable. Praying for your hearts to remain steady.  We will see this through with Jehovah's help!