JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2834 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Terrible attack. I today wanted to read myself little bit about Koran, or is it spelled as Quran? Only in education purposes. To understand whats the connection between these extremists and Islam. Result was sad. Koran seems to heavily courage for killing of ''wrong believers''

I can only say be careful about wasting your time on the Quran. It is non-understandable anyhows. To be able to interpret, you also need to read the thousands and thousands of Haditha and learn about the life of the prophet Mohammed. And after many dozens of hours of learning about islam, you will only be shocked at how anybody can believe that garbage and that there are people who say "all religions are the same". After that, you will have a hard time preaching to muslims because you will not be focussed on anything positive (for example, Mohammed destroyed the full-blown arab pagan belief system and united the arabs under a monotheistic, albeit false religion) but only dwelling on all the negative things. It is clearly a satanic parody of the truth.

I see a lot of people even my family are doing the French flag on the profile picture on Facebook in support of what happened but my conscience won't allow me to do

I saw a sister from our congregation do so today. I would leave it! Putting a man-made idol over my facebook picture to show solidarity with the victims.... instead, I exploited the opportunity to advertise for our months issues of the Awake! and Watchtower. How timely. It can't possibly be a coincidence.

Here's what I wrote:

Immer mehr Menschen mit denen ich spreche geben den Religionen die Schuld für die instabile Lage der Welt. Und tatsächlich ist es auch so, dass im Namen Gottes viel Blut vergossen wurde und immer noch wird. Wer die Lage genau verfolgt, der sieht, wie sich diese Dinge immer mehr zuspitzen. Der "Dschihad" oder der "Islamische Staat" und seine Weltherrschaftsansprüche sind nur ein einzelner Aspekt dieses komplexen und weit zurückreichenden Problems. Auch die Kirchen haben Blut an ihren Händen kleben, daran zweifelt keiner.

Interessant ist, dass Prophezeiungen in der Bibel auch darauf hindeuten, dass in den letzten Tagen der Rückhalt für die Religionen zurückgehen würde, und diese letztendlich von politischen Elementen den Todesstoß erhalten würden.

More and more people that I speak to blame religion for the instabile conditions our world is in. And it is a matter of fact that a lot of blood has been spilt in the name of God and is still being spilt today. Anybody closely following the situation can see how these things seem to be coming to a head. "Jihad" and the "islamic state" and it's plans for world domination are just a single aspect of this complex problem that goes all the way back to ancient times. Churches, too, have blood on their hands, there is no doubt about it.

Interestingly, prophecy in the bible indicates that in the last days, support for religions would decline to the point that political elements would eventually deal the deadly final blow.

On September 11th, 2001 (sorry my post is a little backwards above) in New York (USA) there was a terrorist attack that killed ALOT of people, when Al-Quida sent hijacked airplanes into downtown buildings...Things have never quite been the same here...

Thought so... Just making sure!

I want to share an experience I copied and shared here one time that demonstrates that we can effectively witness to Muslims using the Quaryn where it quotes the Bible. I need to make up some more Muslim pocket letters. Just today I placed tracts with 2 Muslim women, telling them about gaining comfort by reading on our website in their language..Arabic..They were very receptive, because they don't agree with extremist Muslims! I plan on printing Arabic letters using our JW Language app in Arabic..but for now I will make the pocket letters using English.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I want to share an experience I copied and shared here one time that demonstrates that we can effectively witness to Muslims using the Quaryn where it quotes the Bible. I need to make up some more Muslim pocket letters. Just today I placed tracts with 2 Muslim women, telling them about gaining comfort by reading on our website in their language..Arabic..They were very receptive, because they don't agree with extremist Muslims! I plan on printing Arabic letters using our JW Language app in Arabic..but for now I will make the pocket letters using English.attachicon.gifWitnessing to Muslims experience.jpg

How can we get those verses quoted in English .. do you have access to post them here ?

Found it !  it says : (72) But those who feared their Lord will be driven to Paradise in groups until, when they reach it while its gates have been opened and its keepers say, "Peace be upon you; you have become pure; so enter it to abide eternally therein," [they will enter]. (73) And they will say, "Praise to Allah, who has fulfilled for us His promise and made us inherit the earth [so] we may settle in Paradise wherever we will. And excellent is the reward of [righteous] workers."

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

g01 5/22 pp. 11-12 Terrorism—Soon to End -

gives us a more balanced view on terrorism.

The causes and history of terrorism have proved the truth of the Biblical statement: “Man has dominated man to his injury.(Ecclesiastes 8:9)

The reality is that human efforts to combat terrorism, no matter how sincerely motivated, cannot successfully deal with its causes.

Those who have been wronged or oppressed and who feel frustrated can find comfort in the Bible’s sure promise: “The upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

Proverbs 2:21,22.

A Bible prophecy says regarding Christ: “He will not judge by any mere appearance to his eyes, nor reprove simply according to the thing heard by his ears. And with righteousness he must judge the lowly ones, and with uprightness he must give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. Isaiah 11:3,4.

Very good points in keeping our balance in this whole sorry saga - from the refugees escaping terrorism, and the terrorists masquerading as refugees, to the horrible acts being committed by the terrorist.

But I think we have turned a corner regarding terrorism now.  This is a newer form of extremism, the ideology is "religious" and it is against ANY who oppose - be they another "brand" of islam or "infidels" or Jews.  Yes, their goal is to instil terror in the civilian population.  They have targeted this week a busy market in Beirut where more than a hundred were killed too.  Paris gets the headlines because it is an iconic city and as a retaliation for involvement in the conflict. 

But it is not "oppression" these terrorists are demonstrating and fighting against.  They are aggressors, and want world domination.  I feel the satanic element is in full swing here, with him bringing in all his machinations into the end game.  A conflict involving the whole world (tick).  A conflict involving religion (tick).  A conflict involving mass murder (tick).  A conflict involving meglomaniacs as their leaders, under pure satanic control (tick). 

I want to share an experience I copied and shared here one time that demonstrates that we can effectively witness to Muslims using the Quaryn where it quotes the Bible. I need to make up some more Muslim pocket letters. Just today I placed tracts with 2 Muslim women, telling them about gaining comfort by reading on our website in their language..Arabic..They were very receptive, because they don't agree with extremist Muslims! I plan on printing Arabic letters using our JW Language app in Arabic..but for now I will make the pocket letters using English.attachicon.gifWitnessing to Muslims experience.jpg

I've saved this for my ministry "coupled with kindness this type of reasoning can have impact on some" Thank you.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Greg..I believe Dave from NZ posted experiences he had studying with a Muslim man..I make pocket letters including a short typed letter with 2 tracts that quote the Koran.."The Greatest Name" and ""How to find the Road to Paradise". There is also an excellent brochure that contains much info. "The Guidance of God...Our Way to Paradise"...This brochure is amazing!!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I have just read an article in my language and the title is: "Should we stop praying for Paris"?

It claims that is ironic we use religious terminology, when religion is responsible for the evil.

The river is drying more and more - Rev 16:12

This Charlie Hebdo cartoon is going around-

kiNSYiK.jpg

I broke down into tears hearing this news yesterday. What a sad state this world has been lowered to. With all that's happening it boggles my mind that my family members who are not in the truth continue to ignore the bibles warning.

Any suggestions on the best scriptures to use if people bring this up in the territory? I have the most well known ones in(Rev 21, Daniel 2:44, psalms 37) mind but wondering if anyone has some others to use

I broke down into tears hearing this news yesterday. What a sad state this world has been lowered to. With all that's happening it boggles my mind that my family members who are not in the truth continue to ignore the bibles warning.

Any suggestions on the best scriptures to use if people bring this up in the territory? I have the most well known ones in(Rev 21, Daniel 2:44, psalms 37) mind but wondering if anyone has some others to use

I think this month's Watchtower is perfect. How does God view war?

I see a lot of people even my family are doing the French flag on the profile picture on Facebook in support of what happened but my conscience won't allow me to do

I've seen one or two witnesses on my Facebook feed doing the same. This watchtower article was posted to remind people of Jehovahs view on the matter.

http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002685

I think this month's Watchtower is perfect. How does God view war?

Also the Awake! with the topic Is religion dying out?

What a perfect combination for November.

I don't usually say this kind of thing, but sometimes, the topics are too perfect. Like when the March 2011 earthquake hit Japan. Two days later I think an Awake! came out dealing with the subject of large earthquakes.....

Kind of eerie isn't it??

A Game Changer indeed!   ...  http://my.xfinity.com/video/obama-faces-dilemma-how-will-u-s-respond-to-paris-attacks/567023683931/Comcast/NBCNews_new?cid=newsmod_sf_USResponse  

should be an interesting week   ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/23992-g20-summit-in-turkey/#entry349046

Yes, with each passing day this month, our current mags are becoming more than perfect timing! 

Edited by timpin

Also the Awake! with the topic Is religion dying out?

What a perfect combination for November.

I don't usually say this kind of thing, but sometimes, the topics are too perfect. Like when the March 2011 earthquake hit Japan. Two days later I think an Awake! came out dealing with the subject of large earthquakes.....

Kind of eerie isn't it??

Not eerie. Jehovah always provide food at the proper time. It also shows that Jehovah is directing the work, since over the years, magazine articles made up months earlier are released at the appropriate time. :bible2:

They have been doing this in the over 45 years since I started to study while still in High School.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I picked up a few copies of the WT and Awake for placement this week. Was thinking more of those who may not take magazines but may listen to a scripture. I'll check the mags I'm sure they will have some I could use.

The timing for the two mags for the months its beyond perfect. What a combo in light of recent events!

Edited by shans81

"Shouldn't have been" is exactly what I mean by thinly veiled judgement.

The Scriptures do not state that any particular type of music is acceptable or unacceptable, so let's not make blanket accusations of "leading a double life" in case the death count does include some of our brothers and sisters.

Although we shouldn't making any accusations about our brothers and sisters we have been been admonished not to listen to certain types of music and to choose our association carefully so it is not an outlandish or presumptuous statement to say they probably are not in the crowd of certain groups of people. Let's not beat up our brother that made that statement on his postings. Plus, there were plenty of other places that violence occurred that any one of our brothers and sisters could have been as well, we are just hoping that everyone related to us in the faith are safe.

On another note, all I have heard on the news this morning is about world leaders needing to do something "different" to stop this "ideology" and the NEED for "peace and security" in the Middle East region to solve the issue worldwide. This could be a turning point for things. The presidential candidates in the U.S. stated that they hope that Obama does something now and doesn't just leave he problem for the next president to handle...

Keep your eyes and ears open to what all of these world leaders meetings bring about in the next few weeks because this is really causing a push for them to act.

My prayers go out to all those affected and especially those related in their love for Jehovah.