JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Paris

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2834 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Is there any idea on how the meetings and public ministry will be canceled because of 'state of emergency'? A few days or for a week??

News is so sad.  :(

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Not eerie. Jehovah always provide food at the proper time. It also shows that Jehovah is directing the work, since over the years, magazine articles made up months earlier are released at the appropriate time. :bible2:

They have been doing this in the over 45 years since I started to study while still in High School.

This has been my experience for the past 40 years, as well. post-5984-0-53495300-1447620524.gif 

I often find myself contemplating something and--before I can even

put my thoughts into words--the next AWAKE! or

Watchtower covers the subject and answers my questions. ^_^ 

The sheep of Jehovah's pasturage are truly blessed!  i.e., extremely well-fed. 

Spiritually speaking, Jehovah's sheep lack NOTHING! ^_^ 

I just need to buy out some more time for 'cud chewing'. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

State of emergency has been extended to last the next three months. Wonder what that means for our brothers and sisters......

Thanks for the update. It's a long time. Today's lesson is on POINT.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Saw a post from brothers on Facebook all the kingdom halls in Paris are locked down and all the brothers where asked to stay home and do their meeting prep as family groups. they may be locked down for a while. This will be a tough one.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I've been sadly astonished reading the "defenses" some friends on Facebook have regarding adopting the French flag profile pic... :(

Well, my conscience didn't allow me to put the French flag on my profile pic. I thought that would be the same as raising the French flag out on my window... There are other ways to show we are saddened for all the killing happening in the world (And I don't mean just this massacre) without using an idolatry symbol....

Besides I would have to be changing the pic everyday...

Ro 8:22 For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now.

Edited by trottigy

UPDATE: police-operations , with special forces, in molenbeek- Bruxelles going on to try to capture suspects linked to the terrorist-network. Here in Belgium... These suspected persons are linked with the terroristic attacs in Paris.

I am watching this special news live ..

My mom in France got a letter from France Bethel read at her meeting : 

No more preaching carts

No more meetings for service outside in the streets

Even if state of emergency lasts for weeks or months?

post-4555-0-97388900-1447680877_thumb.jp

Here is what I don't understand. This weekend France is attacking ISIS stronghold big time in Syria and USA destroyed 116 ISIS fuel trucks.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-led-strikes-destroy-116-is-fuel-trucks-in-east-syria/ar-BBn4izf?li=BBgzzfc

Why not this kind of attack earlier????????

Sometimes is hard to be neutral!!

What planet is Donald Trump from? Or living on?

He says the problem in Paris would have been much smaller if the citizens had carried guns! :o

It is scary that someone like him could end up in a real position of power.

It's a common worldly view. If more citizens were armed, it wouldn't be as easy to stage such a massacre. I can understand the desire to want to put your safety in your own hands instead of always relying on cops, that will hunker out outside a mass-shooting for ages while you're being slaughtered inside, as was the case in Paris. Criminals have always found ways of getting their hands on illegal firearms.

This kind of speech resonates well with conservative Americans that believe strongly in the 2nd amendment.

I prefer not to speak out against such a political opinion because it is not my right to do so, and in my opinion it makes no difference whether we have privately armed citizens or not. I don't yearn for a world were there are no legal firearms in private hands. I yearn for a world where there are no firearms, period.

Here is what I don't understand. This weekend France is attacking ISIS stronghold big time in Syria and USA destroyed 116 ISIS fuel trucks.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-led-strikes-destroy-116-is-fuel-trucks-in-east-syria/ar-BBn4izf?li=BBgzzfc

Why not this kind of attack earlier????????

I suppose that, till now, the priority was to get rid of Assad so that finally a puppet government can be installed. That's why ISIS was bolstered instead of actually fighting them like they said they would. Now, in light of what happened in France, they have to show that they are making an effort.

Just my perception of things.

I don't yearn for a world were there are no legal firearms in private hands. I yearn for a world where there are no firearms, period.

Brilliantly put, Brother Ruben!!!  ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Guns are not bad, many brothers and sisters have them. I am so tired of hearing brothers and sisters say that Jehovah's Witnesses don't have them...it's just not even close to being true!!!

Who said that here?

I do question this, though. Would brothers and sisters have guns on their persons while eating in a restaurant, or at a music concert? I really don't know what the American brothers' answer to this is.

I can understand protection against wild animals, or for hunting, if that is your choice of activity, but for everyday carrying?