JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3023 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I loved hearing about the response to the May broadcast. Mostly, I heard negative responses initially, but to know donations increased 15% because of it, makes my heart happy. It says, most responded positively. And then to hear what's been dine with the donations - wonderful.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I loved hearing about the response to the May broadcast. Mostly, I heard negative responses initially, but to know donations increased 15% because of it, makes my heart happy. It says, most responded positively. And then to hear what's been dine with the donations - wonderful.

Excellent point!

I think of what the KING thinks from our Monday's daily text. ☺

Monday, January 4

He became overjoyed in the holy spirit and said: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have carefully hidden these things from wise and intellectual ones.”—Luke 10:21.

Can you imagine what it was like to see Jesus Christ become “overjoyed in the holy spirit”? Perhaps you picture his features lit up by a broad smile, his eyes twinkling with pleasure. What was it that moved him so? He had recently sent out 70 of his disciples to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom. He was keenly interested in how they would handle their assignment. There were many powerful enemies of the good news, such as the clever and highly educated scribes and Pharisees. They influenced many to look down on Jesus as a mere carpenter and on his disciples as “uneducated and ordinary men.” (Acts 4:13; Mark 6:3) Nonetheless, the disciples returned from their mission aglow with excitement. They had preached despite opposition, even from demons! w15 3/15

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

negative responses? why that?

Just thinking of some of the comments I saw in the thread for the May broadcast http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/20680-may-2015-jw-broadcasting/page-6

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

A lifetime of NOT talking about finances (money) makes some uncomfortable.  We try not to be like the churches. The scriptures are full of money talk (to used for Jehovah's glory and to honor His son).

I thought this broadcast and the one last May were tastefully done and showed propriety and sincerity. 

If I recall correctly, it mentioned how family heads handle the family finances. We family heads have to make the prayerful tough choices /decisions even regarding finances.

Even more so for world headquarters.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Think of sound like watering a garden...

It is better to have a lot of little sprinklers gently spraying water evenly..Than a couple of fire hoses going full blast ...

Thanks. That's an interesting and very appropriate analogy for why its better to use 662 speakers.

If I want to find out more about this technique what keywords should I use for a google search?

Edited by WilliamChew

"family heads handle family finances" ? Not in my house. I didn't marry my wife just because of her incredible beauty. [she is from Ukraine].

I married her to care for my finances. She has trained our son to handle them when she leaves for Ukraine and Russia for almost 2 months because she knows I am useless in accounting. I hope she has left me some money to get by when she is gone. :o

AS FAMILY HEAD I AM IN CHARGE OF FINANCES  :exclamation:  :exclamation:  :exclamation:

(To ease the burden I have delegated the day to day financial duties to my wife.

This is only a temporary arrangement.

I plan to give it another 50 years or so to see if it is a feasible.   :whistling:)

:givehug:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

A source tells me it will either be Bro Lett, or Jackson, or  Morris, or Herd, or Splane, or Losch, or Sanderson.  I bet you I'm right.

OOh naughty! We aren't setting up gambling/betting on who will appear each month here - Lol!!  :uhhuh:  

PS I'm not one of those net-pedants,- I know you are joking! :raspberry: