JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

January Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3017 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When you are trying to fill an area with sound it takes multiple rows of speakers to produce enough sound to reach the back rows without being too loud for the front rows. This creates a timing problem and can cause echos.

If there is no time delay equipment, one way to prevent the echo is to place additional rows of speakers at specific distances to keep timing from being a problem. This takes many more speakers than it would take having a time delay device.

In some venues, a time delay device is not always the answer so using the additional speakers is a better solution.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

At 21:25 the convention organizers requested for 662 speakers at the convention ctr at stockholm for the 50,000 delegates.

I'm curious as to why having that many speakers in the stadium improves the listening quality for the audience.

When you try to fill a stadium with audio you have two choices basically, high powered speakers and directing the audio in such a fashion that the echo bounces through an opening, such as a horseshoe configured stadium.

If there is no opening to bounce the echo out, then you use many low powered speakers to push the audio under overhangs and other hard to get to places. It is a very special technique and skill.

In the Melbourne 2014 convention the roof was closed and many speakers were in addition suspended from the roof and the sound was good. If the sound is bad you loose the audience :sleeping:

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

I hope they produce a video of those Japanese sisters singing. I enjoyed them too!

Thank you so much for sharing these files! I've been hoping to be able to get copies of these songs :)

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Why have 662 speakers?

When you are trying to fill an area with sound it takes multiple rows of speakers to produce enough sound to reach the back rows without being too loud for the front rows. This creates a timing problem and can cause echos.

If there is no time delay equipment, one way to prevent the echo is to place additional rows of speakers at specific distances to keep timing from being a problem. This takes many more speakers than it would take having a time delay device.

In some venues, a time delay device is not always the answer so using the additional speakers is a better solution.

When you try to fill a stadium with audio you have two choices basically, high powered speakers and directing the audio in such a fashion that the echo bounces through an opening, such as a horseshoe configured stadium.

If there is no opening to bounce the echo out, then you use many low powered speakers to push the audio under overhangs and other hard to get to places. It is a very special technique and skill.

In the Melbourne 2014 convention the roof was closed and many speakers were in addition suspended from the roof and the sound was good. If the sound is bad you loose the audience :sleeping:

Thanks for the answer. Its a very interesting technique.

So this explains why in our kingdom hall there are rows of speakers (on the ceiling) spaced every few feet away from the stage. I had wondered about the design of the speakers.

i.e. Why we needed to have so many speakers spaced throughout our hall that can seat 150.

Edited by WilliamChew

A point I found interesting:

In giving examples of commendation they used Rev 2:19, which I find interesting because when you read verses 20-23, the congregation was tolerating a Jezebal influence. There are many other examples of commendation where the one being commended is not also reproved in the same passage. I found this helpful in dealing with people, and working to view others in a positive way.

Watched it yesterday evening, and really liked the program. The brother in the wheel chair, wow, the hippies in the meeting :-D.

And I love Br. Lett's expressions.

The hippy wig :lol1: that really tickled me! (Not literally..we don't have 3d TV)

I get a bit mesmerised by Bro Letts expressions. I would really like to see him cross, to see if he still smiles at the end of every sentence :D I also wonder if someone has shown him that '3 expressions of brother Lett" drawing that did the rounds?! I think he'd like it.

So proud and happy and privileged to be part of Jehovah's organization, the January program again helped me apprecciated that there is nothing like it on earth. No words to express how much I appreciate and love the brothehood and the faithful slave for all they are doing. When I see the state of the kingdom halls in Africa and other parts BEFORE they were rebuilt, I just don't know what to say... I choked up a lot in this episode right along with the story of the brother whose daughter had just died, and the little boy willing to sell his cow... oh and pretty much the whole hippy story (especially at the end when we imagine our brother getting up and running...)

Of course I want brother Lett to come to my house for dinner, butt this is the next best thing...

Edited by sunshine

I get a bit mesmerised by Bro Letts expressions. I would really like to see him cross, to see if he still smiles at the end of every sentence :D I also wonder if someone has shown him that '3 expressions of brother Lett" drawing that did the rounds?! I think he'd like it.

Between his over-animation and Bro Herd barely moving his mouth, we have something for everyone in terms of the spectrum of speaker faces!  :D

Think of sound like watering a garden...

It is better to have a lot of little sprinklers gently spraying water evenly..Than a couple of fire hoses going full blast ...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Between his over-animation and Bro Herd barely moving his mouth, we have something for everyone in terms of the spectrum of speaker faces!   :D

It was a joy to have him as our Circuit Overseer years ago.  We had Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday meetings, Servants Meeting, Pioneer Meeting and everyday in service.  He was a treat.  Then he was at our District Convention as well.    We even had him give our Memorial Talk one Spring. Those were memorable times.

And I thought they were referring to the number of brothers giving talks (on all the languages) :D

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

So thankful to our loving God Jehovah for the blessing of the JW Broadcasting! Its been such a wonderful addition to our spiritual lives! I love the original songs. Jehovah's people are really talented!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25