JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

downloading new CLaM workbook

My DH is trying to download the CLaM workbook, from jw.org into something other than PDF file, is that his only choice when downloading to a android (r any other) device?

Any work around?

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

My DH is trying to download the CLaM workbook, from jw.org into something other than PDF file, is that his only choice when downloading to a android (r any other) device?

Any work around?

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Thanks, Richard. Probably didn't get it as I am male. The only DH I am familiar with is in baseball and Designated Hitter seemed inappropriate.

:lol1:

Wait...."Probably didn't get it as I am male."

Should I be offended by that???? :lol:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

lol  designated hitter,  I am sorry, I guess I need more info from him, he has a android tablet and wanted to have it in a format that is not PDF, he may have been downloading from jwlibrary, and it just gave as  the only  selection PDF, for some reason he wants something else LOL he is never satisfied :D When he gets back from service I will ask.

Any work around?

He needs to download an epub reader like MoonReader or UB Reader (there are lots of choices) to be able to use the the epub option.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I have android and when I click on the download link I get a popup that shows pdf but if I click on the "pdf" instead of the download I get a drop down list that includes epub and I select that then download and I get the epub just fine

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

What I had to do was pick ePub, and hit download many, many times. Eventually it does work. Got all three in ePub. Now the new book on Jesus and the 2016 YB, another story. I will try at the hall, but I had to settle for PDF.

Just keep trying. Oh, I use an iPad.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

ok so I talked to hubby, he wants epub so he can highlight and add notes plus hyper links ,so to get that he must download from jw.org.

So if I get this right go to jw.org hit download several times and epub comes up? 

Where's that other thread that talks on this topic.

Also he is doing all this on edge thru windows 10, he might try to switch to chrome.

Good news found the issue, do not use edge, use chrome, works fine now.

Last time I check the epub was Not updated to include new song numbers, hence, no lyrics. JW library update does have 2 new songs & lyrics.

If still not updated before, maybe after Jan broadcast comes out.

Just checked. epub updated for Feb but not March

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

When you go to Jw.org, click on the symbol to download whichever CLaM book you want. In the box that currently says "PDF", click the little arrow next to the PDF and a drop down list will appear with lots of other options including ePub. Click "epub" and then click the "download" link next. Once it downloads onto your android tablet you will have to have an epub reader already installed to open an epub file. (Like Google reader or Moon Reader). Either click on the download symbol in the upper left corner of your tablet and it will ask you which program do you want to open it and you pick the epub reader you've downloaded to open it. Or if you've downloaded Moon Reader, you can open it up and click on the symbol in the far right top corner of your "shelf" page and click on "import" and it will import it into Moon Reader.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

problem #2 I click on epub download but it downloads PDF file instead

does moonreader store stuff in the cloud my DH is a elder and scared that someone else might be able to read confidential material, he is using montano