JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

To all who are affected by the East Coast snowstorm; please be careful if you must venture outside. Roads are treacherous today and maybe for the next few days. 

Otherwise, how are you coping with the snow blizzard?  Are your meetings cancelled for the next couple of days? Have you had your hot cup of (a) chocolate (b) tea or (c) coffee to help keep you warm? :tea: Or have you decided to just fly to the Caribbean to getaway from it all? (I wish.)

What say you? :)

Washington_DC_Snow_Storm2(1).jpg

We got a little ice but mainly snow and snowdrift walls lol.   Unfortunately, The meeting for tomorrow is cancelled, but we don't know about Tuesday's meeting with this crazy weather...

I fixed my mom and me some nice hot chamomile tea, turned on the electric fireplace to watch the flames and put on a "breakfast sweet bun" scented wax melt I think it was.

It was very nice, thank Jehovah. Please take care and stay warm dear brothers and sisters!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

2 hours ago, timpin said:

Having a chocolate mudslide and shovel party - c’mon over!

I'd be happy to help, how do i get there from here??

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Come on all, it is the beauty of God's creation. People having snowball fights in Times Square,  animals rolling in the snow, people are snow boarding, people making snowman  in the main streets in NY city. Do you  think we have snow storms in the New World ?? YES!! Jehovah is a happy good and he want us to be happy too. 1 Timothy 1:11 

Whatever you decide, don't come to Florida to get out of the cold .... it may not be quite as bad as the NE US, but it is cold here, for Florida. We have had weather in the low 20's with rain. Even though this can cause some "snow flurries" it does not stay as snow here, it melts right away and just becomes very cold, wet, uncomfortable weather.

The weather this week put a bit of a damper on Service this week - we have the CO this week

Keep in mind that, since this type of cold is rare for Florida, the homes are not built for door-to-door work in the cold and most people do not have the clothing for it either. Even though some in the Hall may have some clothing for the cold left from when they moved here from "cold country", the people in the territory think you are crazy for coming to their doors in this weather and many will not open the doors - don't want to let the heat out of their house since most living rooms open directly to the outside - no vestibules.

Due to the cold and rain, we worked RV's yesterday and the CO went with the Elders to call on some of those who can't make the meetings on a regular basis and "call in". This was really nice encouragement to those with ill health.

Edited by Qapla

speeling prebloms

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

For some reason this thread reminded me of when we went on holiday in Vermont. We were invited to a sisters house for maple syrup on snow... (Sugar on snow do you call it?) us girls were all convinced this would  be an outside activity, and dressed up to the nines in ski wear....only to discover that it's just maple syrup poured on a tray of snow. They probably just thought  we were crazy Brits going round to someone's house for the evening in ski clothes :lol1:

Edited by Peanuts

Could be worse. You could be a crazy NY'r coming to Canada at Niagara Falls in July with snow skis on your car roof. Saw it with my own eyes.

Now for snow - we barely got a few flakes here in the other London. But south of Lake Erie and east of us it became a Winter Wonderland :bouncing:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

One of the things about this cold weather that we like .... it is not that it does not get cold in Florida, maybe not as cold as elsewhere, but when it does get cold, at least we do not have to shovel it out of our way :lol:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 hours ago, timpin said:

Having a chocolate mudslide and shovel party - c’mon over!

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I'd be happy to help, how do i get there from here??

:)

the recipe/mix was for 12-14, only half showed up - wouldn't you know it, I just got this message   ...  probably cause we felt bad saving leftovers - it's tough drizzling the chocolate on the inside of the glass!

... next big snow event we'll do Chocolate Martinis  

directions: 4 left turns

1 hour ago, timpin said:

directions: 4 left turns

Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns do. I'm on my way....:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns do. I'm on my way....:)

That depends on how you start out, do you turn first or do you go straight first then turn   ...   (to be continued)

...   only the "shovel" part of the party is over - hurry!

Edited by timpin

15 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Come on all, it is the beauty of God's creation. People having snowball fights in Times Square,  animals rolling in the snow, people are snow boarding, people making snowman  in the main streets in NY city. Do you  think we have snow storms in the New World ?? YES!! Jehovah is a happy good and he want us to be happy too. 1 Timothy 1:11 

I hear you Glenn; sounds like fun and all but....how the heck do I get out of my house with 3 feet of snow drift blocking me in? :o  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...