JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Words And Phrases That Won't Be In The Dictionary Or Our Vocabulary In The New World

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2530 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 minutes ago, stpfarms said:

Cavity! How in the world will our teeth last forever is my question. :) With perfect teeth they must just never break down, or perhaps self heal and re-mineralize I am guessing.

Teeth can heal. The problem is the rate of decay greatly outweighs  the rate of repair for many people.

Some animals constantly grow replacement teeth.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

11 minutes ago, stpfarms said:

I wonder if there will be Veterinarians in the new world for our pets.

Since we're all charged with being earth's caretakers, I think we will all have some veterinary skills ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

All phobias, i.e., claustrophobia, acrophobia, etc.

"Break a leg!"

"You make me sick!"

"Come inside now, it's getting dark!

or how about the merchant's sales pitch or mantras:

"Buy ten, get the 11th one free"

"Buy more, save more!

"Buy now, pay six months later!"  :lol2:

"Hurry in before they're ALL gone!

"FREE!" with a purchase of $100.00 or more!  :laugh:

53 minutes ago, Hope said:

Belly buttons are just the scars left over from umbilical cord attachment.  I suppose if we'll all heal perfectly, that scar wouldn't be there any more than any other scar.

Adam didn't have one because he was never in utero.  Neither was Eve.

Let's not derail this topic.  The belly button discussion is in the link I referenced.

Edited by Shawnster

I don't trust her or him. 

Or

You can't trust her or him

Or

You sure he or she's  a spiritual person for association or a marriage mate?

Or

Watch out for that bear (or any other animal)!

Or child to parent: 

"Can  I go to the zoo"?

Or child to parent 

"Im hungry" (as in literally starving).

Lol. Ok that's all for now. Great topic!

Edited by Luezette

Additions

35 minutes ago, waccamacca said:

Whatever ..... I hate this word. 

Whatever......:)

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 hours ago, bohemian said:

Actually I have been giving this some serious thought.  What exactly is wrong with maple curing that it will not exist?

Homemade maple cured and smoked bacon is such a delicacy...the real deal, nothing like the maple cured bacon you can find at Tesco or Asda's.

Then again who know's what type of foods we will be allowed to eat in the new system.