JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Of Kings and Prophets

Sounds like Biblical truth is being replaced by fiction...yet once more.

Think I'll pass. :uhhuh:

They did cast a handsome young shepherd David, though. ^_^

about of kings and prophets

An epic biblical saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of the battle-weary King Saul, the resentful prophet Samuel and the resourceful young shepherd David -- all on a collision course with destiny that will change the world.

share comments 

pinit_fg_en_rect_gray_20.png

ABC's new drama is an epic Biblical saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet and a resourceful young shepherd on a collision course with destiny. 

“Of Kings & Prophets” stars Ray Winstone as King Saul, Olly Rix as David, Mohammad Bakri as Samuel, Simone Kessell as Queen Ahinoam, Nathaniel Parker as King Achish, Haaz Sleiman as Jonathan, James Floyd as Ishbaal, Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Michal, Jeanine Mason as Merav, David Walmsley as Joab.

ABC's new show Of Kings and Prophets was developed by Adam Cooper & Bill Collage. The executive producers are Chris Brancato, Adam Cooper, Bill Collage, Jason Reed, Reza Aslan, Mahyad Tousi. “Of Kings & Prophets” is produced by ABC Studios.

person-person_3c1dcecb-cac1-4d8f-b9af-7dhttp://abc.go.com/shows/of-kings-and-prophets

David

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The thing about the world is they look at it thru the eyes of not having faith in Jehovah and think these persons were doing their own will and it just turned out well.  No clue that they were being directed by Jehovah.  When ever they did their own thing it usually never worked out well.

Hollywood OFTEN takes dramatic license' when it comes to the retelling of a famous biblical account -- sacrificing truth in the name of high ratings and profits.  We, as Jehovah's people are well aware of the accurate truths in His Holy Word, the Bible and are blessed to have "divine accuracy" and knowledge just by picking it up and reading a particular account instead of watching it on a tv/movie screen.

(As an exception however, I do remember watching a drama some years back that, surprisingly, portrayed the account of Daniel with pinpoint accuracy.) It was quite refreshing to see this.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't watch anything about the Bible made for television.  It's rife with inaccuracies and embellishments.  How hard could it be to get accurate details about this stuff, I mean really?!!! I could tell from the commercials that it was going to be bad - David did not look like a "young boy" when he faced Goliath.

Someone in Hollywood needs a JW on their research team for these story's!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I saw the Daniel one you refer to, Sandra- it was good.  There are also very good renditions of the story of Ruth and Esther.. these are all on Netflix. 

An incredible production of the story of David and one about Joseph are also available - practically word for word treatments of their stories (especially impressive is the conversation between David and Joab regarding Absalom's death).  Realistic casting, great production values and very respectful of the Bible's message.  Please let me know if you're interested in exact titles.. :)

I saw Abraham,  Joseph and David from this collection: http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Collection-DVD-Set/dp/B001HFLU8I

They were superb, really. Amazing actors and pretty much as good a Bible story you will get from a worldly source, very well done.  They're each available separately and on Netflix. 

This is the Daniel story I saw:  http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Daniel/dp/B00D6I7DEE/ref=pd_bxgy_74_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=01Y273XZAH9MP5881NYC  also on Netflix. 

I saw the Daniel one you refer to, Sandra- it was good.  There are also very good renditions of the story of Ruth and Esther.. these are all on Netflix. 

An incredible production of the story of David and one about Joseph are also available - practically word for word treatments of their stories (especially impressive is the conversation between David and Joab regarding Absalom's death).  Realistic casting, great production values and very respectful of the Bible's message.  Please let me know if you're interested in exact titles..

Yes I'm interested :)

Thanks

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

On 11/3/2016 at 8:17 AM, Hope said:

I saw Abraham,  Joseph and David from this collection: http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-Collection-DVD-Set/dp/B001HFLU8I

Thank you, Uani. I watched Abraham and Joseph from that series some years ago and they were quite good. Not all details were right but the general sense of the story was.

I particularly liked a detail in Joseph, where Potiphar doesn't really believe his wife so he actually humiliates her by sending Joseph to prison rather than having him killed as she wanted. I have never understood why Potiphar didn't have Joseph killed, and that could be a reasonable explanation.

Edited by carlos

Carlos, that struck me the same way!  Potiphar (Ben Kingsley) had great affection for Joseph and knew what sort of man he was.  He also knew what sort of woman his wife was.  The fact that it was prison over death and that he have Joseph advice on how to get on while he was there seemed very reasonable to me.

Very well done adaptations.