JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is time travel possible?

On 19/01/2018 at 12:07 AM, Pjdriver said:

What if everything exist all at once and we just perceive it as time flow so that we can process it. :confused:

How does Jehovah see history? Is he flowing through it (time), so to speak, as we do? Or is he outside of it (time), and is able to see it all at once..if he chooses.

For example, A person on the street watches a parade go by, and is limited by what he can see in his limited scope of things. He has to wait to see what will come next.

We know that Jehovah can know the beginning and the end of everything. So being outside of time he could have a different view....perhaps like a birds eye view of all future events.  

Einstein said, time exist so that everything doesn’t happen all at once.:lol:

food for thought. :coffee:

I'd want to go back in time so I could blast some electronic music for the Israelites dance parties, and claim myself inventor of the moonwalk and amaze them illusion dance.  Hopefully they would not stone me for witchcraft... 

O, yes time travel is definitely  possible:

Step 1. Buy a donkey

Step 2. Name a donkey "Time Travel"

step 3. Take a seat on a donkey

step 4. Go...you time travel ...LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I thought the text today was appropriate for this topic:
Friday, January 26
Mankind cannot comprehend what happens under the sun. No matter how hard men try, they cannot comprehend it. Even if they claim that they are wise enough to know, they cannot really comprehend it.​—Eccl. 8:17

What is past the end of the universe?
What was there before God created time?
We are finite beings trying to grasp infinity.
I think some things will always remind us of how incredibly small we are, yet how highly valued by the price paid...
Just a thought....

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to give a rational illustration to the complexity of time. Please think over the following, and add what you think might help ... (if you are on the same wavelength - and so inclined)

As God created time, he is not bound by it, so (unimaginably) everything happens at once. To illustrate:
Imagine a large very long painting on the wall. There is a thin wire line hovering just above the painting, from the very top of the frame to the bottom, slowly moving (from left to right).
Left is the past, right is the future.
From Gods vantage point, he can see both past and future. So when he sees Abraham in the past, (left if the line), he can also 'see' Abraham in the future (right if the line - a little way ahead).
We (all physical creation) are on the wall painting, and under the wire is the present. While God can change the past, he chooses not to. He abides by his own self-imposed limit. (eg. like not lying.)
He can also see present situations and look to the right and 'see' what they will become in the future. This could be translated to prophecy - OR - it could be twigged to avoid unwanted outcomes...

Well, that's as far as I got. Not sure how or where to put the angels... I think they are bound by time, as they 'desire to peer' into unfolding events. But this doesn't mean they cannot slip between the spirit realm and our physical universe. Travel is limited to the speed of light, but spiritual creatures travel outside this constraint. (I have another illustration for this....)
To round out the story, the painting rolls up way to the left (history), and another blank roll, far to the right, is continually feeding the painting.
If you have some suggestions on how to add a little to make it more interesting, please feel free to make comments. 2 things,
1. I do not wish to upset or offend anyone who has their own ideas on time.
2. This is my pet project, so please be constructive. It's the best way I can try and put into a finite box (or wall painting) an infinite reality. For whatever reason, my mind needs this to make sense of it all... TIA

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

I just read an article today where a man supposedly has a photo of LA underwater from the year 5000... ugh if this planet made it to the year 5000, I have no hope left! Lol

i seriously don’t believe anyone can time travel except Jehovah! Thank goodness for that! I imagine time as a long ribbon for Him, able to gently slide into any moment and he causes to become! Looking forward to paradise to learn more about it 

6 hours ago, Whitley M said:

I just read an article today where a man supposedly has a photo of LA underwater from the year 5000... ugh if this planet made it to the year 5000, I have no hope left! Lol

i seriously don’t believe anyone can time travel except Jehovah! Thank goodness for that! I imagine time as a long ribbon for Him, able to gently slide into any moment and he causes to become! Looking forward to paradise to learn more about it 

He may be able to time travel, but he still doesn't know what each of us will do as far as our decisions in life.

And I feel time travel is one direction, to the Future. I don't care what Einstein says. Haha haha.:lol:

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

On the one hand I think the past becomes set in stone just as fast as the future is forming. On the other hand, what if time travel only exists in the present? I just changed my past and future by deleting the two short paragraphs i had previously written and not pressing submit.  You have become aware of the changes in the time line because I mentioned it but only i know the details of the changes.

Now if i had a third hand.....

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah