JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Police Officers Shot and Killed in Dallas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2833 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was watching a good channel on youtube yesterday that I watch regularly. It's called Jason A, don't know if anyone knows it. It's the type of channel that regularly posts videos titled "Proof that the end of America is coming this year" and "Something weird is happening" and all that, but it collects good news items from the United States so I like to watch it.

One news item was about two days before the sniper shooting in Dallas, how police were complaining that due to corruption and low morale, dozens of police officers were quitting the force EACH MONTH.

Imagine what a great basis for the GT when LEO in dozens of cities (mostly the honest ones) have quit their jobs because they just can't deal with fighting vicious criminals on one side while siding with corrupt government forces on the other side.

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Received another scanner alert.

This time, the insanity is occurring in Baton Rouge , Louisiana,

where protesters are throwing bottles at police as the police attempt to keep the protesters from blocking roadways.:(

Oh my, three officers shot this morning. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Oh my, three officers shot this morning. 

Went from throwing bottles to bullets.:(

Right in the middle of our Watchtower Study, my scanner notice went off to tell me that 6,667 people were listening to Baton Rouge on their scanners.  I knew it couldn't be good.  

After the meeting, I googled Baton Rouge and the headlines read 10 officers shot, possibly 3 killed.

By the time I got back home, it was 10 shot, 2 killed.

Any police officers shot and killed is one too many.Yes sad.gif

The reason my tablet sounded off, is because I was showing a sister who didn't know song 136 that you could hear it on the Kingdom Songbook App, and then I forgot to turn the sound back off.Embarassed shrug.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Musky said:

Any person shot and killed is one too many.

Though I understand the idea behind your comment, I respectfully disagree. I wish those cops had shot Mohammed Boualel before he managed to drive that truck through masses of holiday-makers, destroying families and murdering children.

The police, to a certain extent, has a god-given right to shoot people. Civilians do not have a god-given right to shoot police officers.

for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath* against the one practicing what is bad.

Edited by ChocoBro

On Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM, ChocoBro said:

Though I understand the idea behind your comment, I respectfully disagree. I wish those cops had shot Mohammed Boualel before he managed to drive that truck through masses of holiday-makers, destroying families and murdering children.

The police, to a certain extent, has a god-given right to shoot people. Civilians do not have a god-given right to shoot police officers.

Police don't have a God given right to shoot people that aren't threatening and then lie about it though. There is balance on each side. 

5 hours ago, runner92 said:

Police don't have a God given right to shoot people that aren't threatening and then lie about it though. There is balance on each side. 

I don't think anyone will disagree with that. If you read ChocoBros comment he was talking about a mass murderer in a night club.

Also he  said police have relative authority with the "sword", "to a certain extent".

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

3 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I don't think anyone will disagree with that. If you read ChocoBros comment he was talking about a mass murderer in a night club.

Also he  said police have relative authority with the "sword", "to a certain extent".

Actually I was talking about the trruck driver in Nice. For some reason, that one isn't letting me go....

On 7/20/2016 at 1:47 PM, ChocoBro said:

Actually I was talking about the trruck driver in Nice. For some reason, that one isn't letting me go....

Quite probably because of the shock of it, the horrific brutality that stunned many good hearted kind people....It was a terrible event and it was partially overshadowed by the Turkish coup and we just didn't have the time to process it.

When my wife Denise gets to feeling badly about the pain and death in the world one thing that I remind her of is the resurrection.  I know that you know,  as does she but just consider that all those that died are now in line for a do over, another chance,  something that they may not have had if they had remained alive until Armageddon.  They, the newly departed, are actually better off, in a sense. They don't have to go through the process of destruction that awaits this system,  they won't be destroyed at the final battle,  they will (God willing ) be brought back to a far better scenario than they left.

I am sad for their loss, I am sad for their families and friends that are hurt by their loss. I hope I can be around to help show them who is responsible for their new glorious life in a Paradise Earth. That will be awesome. 

They will be ok bro, ChocoBro,  we all will be. ...soon.

Only Jehovah knows the thought processes behind the person involved in this horrific crime.  If he is resurrected someday, we have to accept that Jehovah knew his heart and that perhaps he was desperate and thought that all the people he could kill would be people who wouldn't suffer in this world anymore - I can't pretend to know what he was thinking but it was something Satanic to take so many lives (even just one is too many).  Only Jehovah knows why a person succumbs to such thinking and what drives them to such desperate measures.  The rest of us will never understand.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

41 minutes ago, shali said:

that all the people he could kill would be people who wouldn't suffer in this world anymore

He was probably more likely hoping to send them all to hell. He wasn't a deranged lunatic like some media outlets are putting it. It was a concerted attack that was planned for more than a year, he had help from outside and IS paid his family a large sum as a recompense for his death.

We can't even begin to understand why someone would do this - it goes beyond human badness, beyond human madness.  It's just not a human atrocity - it's demonic.  It is coming out now that he did premeditate this, and that just makes it sickeningly worse.  No, we will never understand this satanic motivation. 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

We can't even begin to understand why someone would do this - it goes beyond human badness, beyond human madness.  It's just not a human atrocity - it's demonic.  It is coming out now that he did premeditate this, and that just makes it sickeningly worse.  No, we will never understand this satanic motivation. 

It begins with the idea that due to some birthright, one group or type of people is better than another group or type of people. That is basically it. The idea that "you are better than so-and-so because you are (random reason here)

This can have racial reasons as was the case with Nazis, cultural reasons as with Germans believing they are God's gift to humanity today, or it can also be a mix of cultural, racial and religious reasons as is not uncommonly the case with jews and muslims.

The media often portrayed Mohammed Bouhlel as such a bad person with such a bad lifestyle, and how could he possibly be an extremist if he wasn't even a good muslim? There is, however, a well-known Hadith that is commonly considered a strong Hadith, in which Muhammad is quoted to have said that even the worst of muslims is better in Allah's eyes than the best unbeliever. I have heard this one come out of the horse's mouth a couple of times, too, but in any case it underscores this type of "birthright" mentality.

Humans degraded to something lower than the value of animals.

Indeed it is demonic.

On July 11, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Shawnster said:

Your a mom?  Congratulations 

My covers been blown!... Thanks a lot Shawn!:angry::coffee:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.