JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our new Assignment.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2777 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

After Armageddon ... our new assignment will be making the earth a paradise ... what landscaping ideas or what flowers/fruit trees are you wanting to plant?  (I know we will probably be assigned to specific jobs - but until we are let's see what kind of variety will you have around you).

I think a pier always looks peaceful meandering into a crystal clear lake with a Mountain range behind it.  So my landscaping ideas would comliment this setting, low shrubs and brightly coloured flowers. With a herb garden every so often so the scent of the herbs can mingle with the air.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

15 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

After Armageddon ... our new assignment will be making the earth a paradise ... what landscaping ideas or what flowers/fruit trees are you wanting to plant? 

Sister Mandi, I'd wish I could plant my favorite garden of herbs adjacent to my cabin in the woods at that time, but I'm afraid my pet giraffe will eat it all! 

28 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

After Armageddon ... our new assignment will be making the earth a paradise ... what landscaping ideas or what flowers/fruit trees are you wanting to plant?  (I know we will probably be assigned to specific jobs - but until we are let's see what kind of variety will you have around you).

I think a pier always looks peaceful meandering into a crystal clear lake with a Mountain range behind it.  So my landscaping ideas would comliment this setting, low shrubs and brightly coloured flowers. With a herb garden every so often so the scent of the herbs can mingle with the air.

I want an apple tree, banana tree and moringa tree

moringa.jpg

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

6 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Sis, that sounds so nice, I  could almost smell the roses..

My Denise has respiratory issues and spring time for her is time to stay inside,  near an air purifier.  Pollen almost kills her. My favorite season?  Yup, spring. ..

When we get out in the middle of a lake, you can see all the pollen dust on the water. ..but it is in the water,  not in the air. Sometimes it is a lot better on the lake than not..

It is going to be awesome,  getting to enjoy the wonderful spring time smells with her there too....

6 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I just typed a page, something ate it before it got here...

Are the giraffes loose?

I used to be pretty good at making steel grow out of concrete,  perhaps I'll be allowed to try my hand at it again. ..

Denise can make flowers thrive,  her dad is an Arborist and she learned from him. Her difficulty is respiratory.  Asthma and allergies almost kill her. It will be nice when she can enjoy the sweet sweet smells of springtime with me...

I will have a banana tree and a chocolate fountain... no, wait...

Actually, I can appreciate a nice garden, but I have never enjoyed gardening. It's just another chore around the house. Therefore, my garden will be a rambling patch of colour, with the largest area given over to a grass field so my puppies can run and play fetch.

I like planting and gardening but I don't do weeds. I'm not a very good at landscaping or gardening because I don't do weeds. If the weeds don't take over the deer eat what's left. Easier to go to farmers market and just buy what we need. But I do love beautiful flowers and trees and the beauty of jehovah's creation. I hope that all of us can make it into new system, I think we can figure it out from there. But I would like a guarantee that there will be no weeds or maybe a special crew to pull them out, myself excluded. To me it's all about the people that brings me the greatest happiness, making new friends that love one another and working together to make this earth a beautiful compliment to everything that Jehovah has created. I just want to be there and be happy for all of us.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I just typed a page, something ate it before it got here...

Are the giraffes loose?

According to Genesis, animals were created to be both wild and domestic.  Adam was probably able to get closer to animals from which we keep our distance these days.  I believe after Armageddon, Jehovah's original purpose will be restored. We will be able to get along peacefully with all animals, wild and domestic.

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I used to be pretty good at making steel grow out of concrete,  perhaps I'll be allowed to try my hand at it again. ..

Denise can make flowers thrive,  her dad is an Arborist and she learned from him. Her difficulty is respiratory.  Asthma and allergies almost kill her. It will be nice when she can enjoy the sweet sweet smells of springtime with me...

I also suffer from allergies, asthma, anaphylaxes from environmental chemicals like perfumes and get sick from insect bites and have been hospitalized for sunstroke.   I will be happy to enjoy the out doors for longer stretches.

I hope there is enough room to plant a small fruit tree at the apartment the brothers may assign me to live in...

:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, kejedo said:

According to Genesis, animals were created to be both wild and domestic.  Adam was probably able to get closer to animals from which we keep our distance these days.  I believe after Armageddon, Jehovah's original purpose will be restored. We will be able to get along peacefully with all animals, wild and domestic.

Also according to Genesis the Rivers had names. They weren't named until a long time after, so I do wonder if some of the terms used, are terms that Moses knew in order to help us understand things more. It may have been a termology that Moses used to put a distinction between the two groups that they came to know after the flood. (Just guessing here of course).

The domestc animals that Moses would have categorized are perhaps different from what we term domestic today. I don't know.

A bit like using 'chariots' in Johns vision, were they truly chariots? Or were they vehicles of our time and 'chariots' were the only words John could use to describe what he saw.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

16 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Also according to Genesis the Rivers had names. They weren't named until a long time after, so I do wonder if some of the terms used, are terms that Moses knew in order to help us understand things more. It may have been a termology that Moses used to put a distinction between the two groups that they came to know after the flood. (Just guessing here of course).

The domestc animals that Moses would have categorized are perhaps different from what we term domestic today. I don't know.

A bit like using 'chariots' in Johns vision, were they truly chariots? Or were they vehicles of our time and 'chariots' were the only words John could use to describe what he saw.

..like calling it a flaming sword before swords were invented..?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

6 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I'm going to build building foundations and bridges made of trees.

I saw a documentary about a tribe in India that builds bridges across rivers using tree roots. It was said that fathers train sons to do it, it can takes generations. ..pretty interesting. 

5 hours ago, paulc said:

I like planting and gardening but I don't do weeds.

Weeds have their place in the natural environment, but not in our gardens. They keep soil from being displaced and can have some pretty flowers too.  Wasn't Adam told he would need to cultivate the earth with thorns and thistles to contend with (Gen 3:18)?  His punishment for sin, and no longer ours! So, no more weeds where they're not supposed to grow.