JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Hearing on Threat to Close Witnesses’ Headquarters in Russia Adjourned Again

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2741 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Could it possibly be Jehovah's will In the sense that otherwise the prisoners wouldn't get witnessed to? Perhaps He is allowing His servants to enter the prisons in this way so that the other prisoners see them as equals and thus the witnesses can give a good witness? The prisoners may think "You are Jehovah's Witnesses and you don't fight, so why are you in here?" then a witness could be given. ^_^

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

4 hours ago, shali said:

We all have our own opinion. You are definitely entitled to yours. I"m not inhere to prove anyone right or wrong.  You testify!

Thought I did. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I will leave you to decide whether to read the rest in the link provided.:nope:

Lawmakers at both ends of Russia want to eliminate Jehovah's Witnesses

"The Sakhalin deputies supported the appeal of colleagues that the "number of Witnesses is growing at threatening rates and their missionary activity resembles extremism, if one judges by news media and court decisions.""

..."The deputies saw the reason for the ban not in the violation of any law but in the fact that "the number of Witnesses is growing at threatening rates.""

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/160920b.html

there is some news using the auto translate by google that seems to say it has been postponed until October 12th. There is other info that seems positive but I don't trust auto translation to repeat it here.

Edited by Mykyl

16 hours ago, Mykyl said:

there is some news using the auto translate by google that seems to say it has been postponed until October 12th. There is other info that seems positive but I don't trust auto translation to repeat it here.

I don't really understand this.Is it now good or not? 

Russian tactics. Drag it out for as long as you can. They know they have nothing on us, except the evidence they planted combined with lies.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

21 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Not too sure this is correct as the news article is a couple of days too early prior to the court hearing. Will have to wait and see.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

10 minutes ago, MentalProject said:

Not too sure this is correct as the news article is a couple of days too early prior to the court hearing. Will have to wait and see.

That link is for an article that is saying they want to get rid of us. There have been additions to the original article. For example half way down the addition is dated the 24th.

there is now an addition here saying yes it has been postponed http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/160923b.html

COURT POSTPONES HEARING ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES' LAWSUIT REQUESTING PROSECUTOR GENERAL'S WARNING BE QUASHED

Press Service of Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, 23 September 2016

Hearings on the lawsuit of Jehovah's Witnesses, who are requesting that the "Warning about the impermissibility of conducting extremist activity" that was issued by a deputy of the prosecutor general of Russia be ruled to be illegal, were postponed to 12 October 2016.

On 16.09.2016 at 10:04 AM, MentalProject said:

Hi Svetlana :wave:, how did you find the assembly? What did the brothers and Sisters think of it? Would love to hear from you about it!

That was our RC, not an assembly. But anyway, you were absolutely right I would like to have it on the memory stick to watch it one more time, especially the 'basement' videos.
It was helpful, even though no one in my congregation has a basement. :)

"Absolute rubbish”

• 2 weeks later...

Russian court bans Jehovah’s Witnesses branch in Jewish Autonomous Region
CONTEXT
Jehovah’s Witnesses booklets declared “extremist” in Russian Ural
Russian Supreme Court bans Jehovah’s Witnesses branch in Stary Oskol
Russian Supreme Court bans Jehovah’s Witnesses branch
Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower
flickr.com/Ian Crowther
Tags: Extremism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jewish Autonomous Region, Russia
12:51 12/10/2016
MOSCOW, October 12 (RAPSI) – A court in the Jewish Autonomous Region has ruled to ban a branch of “The Jehovah’s Witnesses” in Birobidzhan because of distributing extremist literature by the organization, according to the court’s website.

A lawsuit seeking prohibition of the local religious organization “The Jehovah’s Witnesses” has been filed by the Main Department of the Ministry of Justice of the Khabarovsk Krai and Jewish Autonomous Region.

According to the Ministry, facts of keeping and distribution of extremist materials were revealed in 2015 and 2016. Leaders of “The Jehovah’s Witnesses” were held administratively liable; the organization was formally noticed about inadmissibility of carrying out extremist activity.

The defendant’s representative, committee chairman of “The Jehovah’s Witnesses” in Birobidzhan, has not admitted plaintiff's claim.

The ruling may be appealed in the Supreme Court of Russia.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have had many legal problems in Russia.

On June 16, Russia’s Supreme Court declared “The Jehovah’s Witnesses of Stary Oskol” in Belgorod Region an extremist organization and ruled to liquidate it.

On June 9, the Jehovah’s Witnesses of Belgorod was banned as extremist organization.

In March 2015, a court in Tyumen fined the organization 50,000 rubles ($800) and seized prohibited literature.

In January 2014, a court in Kurgan ruled to ban the organization’s booklets as extremist. The books talk about how to have a happy life, what you can hope for, how to develop good relations with God and what you should know about God and its meaning.

In late December 2013, the leader of the sect’s group in Tobolsk, Siberia was charged with extremism and the prevention of a blood transfusion that nearly led to the death of a female member of the group.

In 2004, a court in Moscow dissolved and banned a Jehovah’s Witnesses group on charges of recruiting children, encouraging believers to break from their families, inciting suicide and preventing believers from accepting medical assistance.

Jehovah's Witnesses is an international religious organization based in Brooklyn, New York. Since 2004 sever branches and chapters of the organization were banned and shut down in various regions of Russia.

inShare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2016 at 8:20 PM, shali said:

Exactly the point I'vebeen trying to make. Jehovah even makes bad circumstances bend to his will of all hearing the good news!

In some sense it could also be his will that some suffer.  It was Jehovah's will that Jesus would die.  I often think of Jehovah as a grand master in chess, his moves planned out meticulously in advance, except hundreds of moves in advance.  In chess, a piece may be important, but it may also be sacrificed to set up a very different play. 

Witnessing in the prisons, and the witness it gives in terms of why are these people being persecuted so harshly?  There could be countless reasons why this is being allowed or orchestrated.  

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

1 hour ago, HoneyflakeT said:

I don't unterstand this. This was about Birobijan... but what is now with the Bethel in Russia?  Because the hearing was yesterday? Are we banned now in Russia or not?

I can find nothing so far on the subject of a country wide ban.

1 hour ago, HoneyflakeT said:

I don't unterstand this. This was about Birobijan... but what is now with the Bethel in Russia?  Because the hearing was yesterday? Are we banned now in Russia or not?

we'll need to wait until official announcement on JW.ORG, but this article says it all - we "lost" it - https://www.jw-russia.org/news/16101213-48.html

this ruling will allow closing of the Branch in Russia.

I can see a lot of the people asking about this, not understanding why such a peaceful people are being banned and treated so bad.  This could open up the way for some who normally wouldn't ask questions of us to finally ask.  I will still keep praying because we all know with Jehovah that "it ain't over till it's over!"

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D