JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricaine Matthew Picking Up Speed

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2754 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It looks like the eye is next to the WEC-F now...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

That is correct. That puts the eye about 40-45 miles from WEC. They have issued flood warnings for that area and are recommending if you have not already evacuated to leave now - more rain is expected

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

They are now saying that the storm has moved west so it may be much closer to WEC - and that property is heavily wooded with some large trees. Hope none of them blow down with all that flooding.

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

They are now saying that the storm has moved west so it may be much closer to WEC - and that property is heavily wooded with some large trees. Hope none of them blow down with all that flooding.

Good thing that LDC is finished with Warrick. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The models were wrong again!!!Happy excited SNOOPY~1.GIF

There's times it ain't so bad that weather forecasting is NOT an 'exact' science.yes.gif

It ain't over til it's over. 

21 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It ain't over til it's over. 

Guess I should have specified the WIND SPEED models were wrong.Embarassed shrug.gif

The latest models show that the predicted HURRICANE force winds will remain largely off the coast.

Wind Speed Chart.gif

Earlier models had the hurricane force winds making direct landfall...which would have made roofs fly.Duck.gif

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

post wouldn't show chart in .gif format

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We just heard from the sister at WEC-F, she said they were evacuated to the west coast and only 10-11 stayed behind. She did not elaborate about who was evacuated or why 10-11 stayed behind or the current situation at the WEC-F, all we know is that at least she and her husband are safe.

Our power keeps flicking out and coming back - just enough to make the TV turn off - computer and modem are on UPS

They are still getting wind damage in Daytona and Jacksonville is still to come.

We keep having wind gusts and a light drizzle.

We just heard from the sister at WEC-F, she said they were evacuated to the west coast and only 10-11 stayed behind. She did not elaborate about who was evacuated or why 10-11 stayed behind or the current situation at the WEC-F, all we know is that at least she and her husband are safe.

Sorry. I cannot work out what WEC-F means.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry. I cannot work out what WEC-F means.

OH..I GOT IT!!

https://weather.com/news/news/hurricane-matthew-haiti-latest-news-0

Haiti Death Toll Climbs Above 800 in Hurricane Matthew's Wake, Reuters Reports

The death toll has risen to more than 800 in Haiti following the devastation of Hurricane Matthew.

Relief workers are struggling to reach the hardest-hit areas.

The government estimates that at least 350,000 people need some kind of assistance following the disaster.

At least 28,000 homes have been damaged, according to Haitian officials.

Days after Hurricane Matthew lashed Haiti, leaving widespread devastation, the death toll has climbed over 800 and aid groups and officials still have yet to establish communication with some of the hardest-hit towns.

The southern part of the country is "now cut off from the rest of the country," Jean-Michel Vigreux, CARE's country director in Haiti, told ABC News. He added that the city of Jeremie was in "complete destruction."

NBC news tonight reported that more may die AFTER the storm, than died during the storm.

No food...no shelter...do potable drinking water...and there were already many dying from a Cholera outbreak

before Matthew came along to wreak havoc on Haiti.Sigh.gif

We really really REALLY need God's Kingdom.Yes sad.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The news is reporting that a lot of the people that decided to stay have regretted their decision and are calling for help. Go figure. ..

OMGosh, that just breaks my heart for those in Haiti--those poor people were suffering enough as it was..bad enough the Clintons stole from them with the 2010  Hurricane and they received no aid.   This may sound awful, but those that died are much better off than those that survived .. as I can only imagine the pain of hunger and thirst they will have to go through.  Ross, that's my prayer too, every day praying for God's Kingdom To Come!  How much longer can Jehovah look upon the wickedness and suffering before He acts??!!

4 hours ago, SusanE said:

All you good friends:  Have ya'll seen the satellite image of Hurricane Matthew?!!!http://www.wcnc.com/weather/hurricane-central/hurricane-matthew-produces-eerie-satellite-image/329329225

That's creepy. .

I saw that image one night when I was watching the news, I took pictures of the TV image with my cell phone.  That link is almost exactly what I have. 

Tekmantwo--Yes, creepy and also Satanic (at least to me).    Since Man has the ability to weaponize the weather,  I feel this hurricane was engineered...for political and other reasons.  October is Satan's month, so how apropos! Chaotic world events are happening at such a fast pace, it's hard to keep up.  For sure, Satan's time is getting shorter;   he only has *hours left.

Haiti deaths due to Matthew are between 800 and 900 now, the hurricane is in east Florida now.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/07/hurricane-matthew-closes-in-on-florida-as-haiti-death-toll-rises/21576250/

It is currently raining in mid-South Carolina, some winds.  Local weather reports are discouraging people from driving on some streets in Columbia.  Some big trees are down on the roads.

Edited by rbrown1205

The rain has stopped here. Nice day so far. We still do not have Internet or TV so can't check the Weather Channel. 

My brother does not have power and the well is on his so, at the time, we don't have water. I am going to hook up a generator to the well so we can all get showers 

5 hours ago, SusanE said:

Since Man has the ability to weaponize the weather,  I feel this hurricane was engineered...for political and other reasons. 

Wow, that's a whole new topic. I've never met anyone that felt that mankind had the ability to engineer a hurricane and intentionally destroy property and lives.