JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2408 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

37 minutes ago, Hope said:

Song 104 just coming up for me to listen to - one of the loveliest melodies we have... I'm SO glad it's still there. It's beautiful to sing and the lyrics are so powerful.. 
https://www.jw.org/.../sing.../104-gods-gift-of-holy-spirit/

Oh...my...incredibly beautiful--both the melody and the lyrics.  LOVE Warmth and feeling.gif

I'm glad it was a keeper, too.YES Grin.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

My latest JW Library app for Android "what's new"  update was for vocal..chorus..for the old songbook songs..when I go to publications/audio each song is listed twice..once with the yellow cover, and once for the blue cover!??

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Just now, SUNRAY said:

My latest JW Library app for Android "what's new"  update was for vocal..chorus..for the old songbook songs..when I go to publications/audio each song is listed twice..once with the yellow cover, and once for the blue cover!??

The obvious reason is so that one can be prepared for the January switch to the New Song Book and at the same time have everything  one needs to prepare up to that time.  My surmise anyway.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Listening to #122 right now (Be Steadfast, Unmovable) - the lovely little hesitation timing used during the chorus is no longer there. Rather like the eliminated from "Jehovah is My Shepherd" in the old new book... Makes it a bit less swingy, imo.. :( 

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Say -- what's the difference between the first group of songs and the ones labeled "Meetings"?

Capture.JPG

The "Meetings" are the music for the new songbook that we will start singing to in January. The others are the old vocal renditions .

No - the songs on the left in the large print are the new songs.  The "Meetings" one seems to be the exact same songs - just wondering what the difference was or why they were posted twice.

I know the V is vocals... it's just interesting that they're not renumbered according to our new book.  Confusion will abound.. :( 

37 minutes ago, mserskine said:

The "Meetings" are the music for the new songbook that we will start singing to in January. The others are the old vocal renditions .

I now have the music for the new songbook on my android .

52 minutes ago, Hope said:

I know the V is vocals... it's just interesting that they're not renumbered according to our new book.  Confusion will abound.. :( 

The new files which are blue and have a number on them are a reformatted version of the OLD vocal renditions. Before they used to be arranged by the disc they were released on, now they are arranged in numerical order.

The reason they haven't been renumbered is because we'll be getting new vocal renditions in the near future to correspond with the new lyrics in our new songbook.

The new files which are blue and have a number on them are a reformatted version of the OLD vocal renditions. Before they used to be arranged by the disc they were released on, now they are arranged in numerical order.

The reason they haven't been renumbered is because we'll be getting new vocal renditions in the near future to correspond with the new lyrics in our new songbook.

This is a good thing. The choirs love to gather, and it's a lot of fun. Also, the recordings are helpful in learning the songs. And the children in our various smaller choirs do enjoy making their recordings of the songs too. They have to practice hard and it's the nice kind of little secret until it's released.
"He Will Call" -- "They *will* live at His command" instead of "shall"... 
"Shall" does really sing better... It's a nice arrangement, tho..

This is not a choice made by the Writing Committee, but rather one made by the New World Translation Committee.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, lovestruth said:
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned or not, but did anyone notice that in our new song book the songs are arranged by subject. I wondered why they are numbered in a certain order. Now I know! Pretty cool, huh?

This has already proved helpful in finding songs when you kind of know what they are about. The previous songbooks have, to an extent, been arranged by the first line of the first verse in English, which, as you can understand, was of no help in other languages.

6 hours ago, Hope said:
Listening to #122 right now (Be Steadfast, Unmovable) - the lovely little hesitation timing used during the chorus is no longer there. Rather like the eliminated from "Jehovah is My Shepherd" in the old new book... Makes it a bit less swingy, imo..  

Have you heard the changes made to "To God We Are Dedicated!" (51)? Especially the line "Our lives we vow to disown" will be a bit interesting. The new piano arrangement is a lot of fun, though.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Song 27 (151) has no changes to the lyrics, but now has a nice piano arrangement. Right when you've learned the chords, they change them. Oh well, far be it from this governing body to let us become lazy and inattentive.

Song 28 (106) has had some slight changes to the melody. And some to the lyrics.

Song 29 (34) has no changes.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

This is not a choice made by the Writing Committee, but rather one made by the New World Translation Committee.

I'm not particularly interested in who makes the decision, really.  I'm only remarking on how the words sound and flow when singing. I'm a bit sorry that sometimes, aesthetics are not considered when it doesn't seem to make much difference in meaning.

Like, in the vocal recording, it's clearly sung, "Our reasons for joy are abounding "... the word in the book is "abundant".  A curious thing..

17 hours ago, Skye said:

Dear Shulammite maiden, so lovely and fair,
Your spiritual virtues are many and rare.
Your speaking is pleasant, your charms a delight.
Your fellowship holds me, beloved Shulammite.

This one triggers recessed (mangled) Dutch memories in me :)

Oh meisje van Shulem, vol liefde en pracht...