JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2422 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Okay, I just played and recorded the song with a Bbb (i.e. A natural) and again with just a Bb. The A natural sticks out like a sore thumb and the Bb sounds much better. I then checked the old songbook and everything is identical, same key, same notes, etc. So, either this is accidental is an error, or there is another reason for using this accidental that I am not aware of.

So I have to retract my previous statements that I made assuming that the music was written correctly, Johan, as now I am not so sure. Good eye and good catch!

It has now been corrected in the PDF-edition.
We already have the simplified chords for all new songs. 

Even some of the new songs have changed slightly. And some of the old ones have changes to melodies, arrangements or alike.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It has now been corrected in the PDF-edition.

And so it has.

You're probably to thank for that ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

No, probably a zealous proofreading sister somewhere. They've got eyes like hawks, you know. emoji851.png

Could be. Or, big brother is watching. :)

Or wait, that's big mother, right? :P

Lol. That's another topic altogether.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

7 hours ago, juliansan said:

We already have the simplified chords for all new songs. 

yes... but we have all the songs that are in the new song book.. in the old song book... but.. arranged with same titles and lyrics would be nice.. agreed, I can create my own version (obviously) but would prefer an 'official' version... that's all.

:)

Here's the sound of the song with a B-double-flat as was misprinted, and then played the second time with the normal and expected B-flat

Gee whiz!  All of these posts, and nary a one of you were right there while the songs were being created,  recorded or placed .
Has humility, and gratitude flown out the window?

Huh?

Anyway...

Song 50 (58) has had some slight changes to the lyrics. Example
Take my silver and my gold.
Nothing, Lord, would I withhold.

Song 51 (59) has had some slight changes to the lyrics, the melody, and corresponding changes to the orchestration. It has had a full overhaul of the written arrangement.
Song 52 (7) has had some changes to the lyrics, and minor changes to the written music, including chords.
In solemn prayer he said to God:
‘I’ve come to do your will.’
When he came up from the Jordan
As God’s anointed Son,
Obedient and loyal he would pray:
‘My Father, your will be done.’

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Araujo JW said:

A brother from Brazil visited Wallkill and took this photo.

Produccedilatildeo%20do%20novo%20cancion

Coming soon...to a Kingdom Hall near you. ^_^

Thanks for sharing the "Preview of Coming Attractions", Brother Cristino.Highfives.gif

The PDFs are not always available.  (No electricity...batteries die...apps close on you, right in the middle of a song.:uhhuh:)

I'm looking forward to having a 'hard copy' right in the palms of my hands.

And I'm getting a little antsy.happy whistling.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Excitement! I ordered an English hard copy since I frequently attend English meetings, assemblies and conventions with my brother. I also ordered an hard copy in Spanish. The elders told us that the branch instructed them to start taking and placing orders for the Spanish songbook because it'll be coming soon. Can't wait.

One thing that I am wondering about are the CAs that take place after January when languages who have the new songbook begin to use it. Will the songs announced from the platform be different from the printed program? Or will they just stick to what's on the printed program? I think they'll just use the same songs that are on the program now but with the different numbers. For example, the baptism song for one CA is listed as song 7 right now but in the new book it's 52. After January,  will they simply adjust the numbering despite what's printed on the program?

36 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

Excitement! I ordered an English hard copy since I frequently attend English meetings, assemblies and conventions with my brother. I also ordered an hard copy in Spanish. The elders told us that the branch instructed them to start taking and placing orders for the Spanish songbook because it'll be coming soon. Can't wait.

One thing that I am wondering about are the CAs that take place after January when languages who have the new songbook begin to use it. Will the songs announced from the platform be different from the printed program? Or will they just stick to what's on the printed program? I think they'll just use the same songs that are on the program now but with the different numbers. For example, the baptism song for one CA is listed as song 7 right now but in the new book it's 52. After January,  will they simply adjust the numbering despite what's printed on the program?

My guess is they will update the digital copy.

39 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

There is / will be assembly programs for assemblies to December, and revised ones for January onwards.

I have decided not to order a hard copy, but I think I will change my mind. I don't even have a tablet...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

We just ordered one printed copy for our family. It will stay next to the piano. For the meetings, the JW Library digital edition works fine for us.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

34 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

How many of you have decided not to order a hard copy?

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

Our family passed on the hard copy.

We will see later if any extras are hanging around the literature section.

I don't like singing with the tablet - the screen is not big enough (8.4") and I really don't like needing to scroll in the middle of a song.  I use my paper songbook now, unless we're singing one of the new tunes.

I ordered two hard copies.

Edited by Hope