JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Man slits throat in court after sexual assault conviction

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2743 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A teacher slits his throat in court after being convicted of sexually assaulting a teenager. He would have saved himself all that drama if he had applied the Bible's time honored counsel in Colossians 3:5 =

5 Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry. 

Wisdom is surely better than gold.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/19/man-slits-throat-in-california-courtroom-after-sexual-assault-conviction.html

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

Nnaemeka, thank you for your thoughts about the recent news event, there are so many things in the news that could be avoided if people applied the Bible principles in their life. Sometimes famous people will do something foolish and sometimes just ordinary people will do something so dramatic that it makes the news, all we can do is shake our heads and wonder why they would put themselves in that position.

We are all aware of what people do in this system and my local news paper is full of events that could have been prevented and it's very sad, that's why I like to spend my time on the forum getting upbuilding news instead of discouraging news.  

Please keep in mind that not all news is news worthy on the forum and that we like to be encouraged instead of discouraged.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I never realized this news item was discouraging. I felt what emotions would have driven him to slit his throat in court - was he going to the extreme to prove his innocence or what? He would have saved himself all that trouble being a teacher with the moral responsibility to protect his students (I have been a teacher myself and know that personally) and felt he could have saved himself all that pain and recriminations by either controlling himself or taking precautions.

The ways of this Satan controlled world are complex and discouraging (mind if I use the word) to someone who has resolved to follow his bible-trained conscience. I'll keep it in mind to look for good news; but what newspaper will sell that!? Too bad for me. 

Thanks any ways.

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)