JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

M. Stephen Lett: Beware of the Power of Materialism (Matt. 6:11)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 369 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

From my experience,i think we need money to serve Jehovah well,this is very apparent in my locality, I don't know if it is in other places.

I have been poor and was in debt due to medical bills but I never went hungry when I started to serve Jehovah. When I was in the world, I did experience go to bed hungry. But not when Im a witness.  Jehovah is faithful to His words. He will never abandon his servants. 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

I have been poor and was in debt due to medical bills but I never went hungry when I started to serve Jehovah. When I was in the world, I did experience go to bed hungry. But not when Im a witness.  Jehovah is faithful to His words. He will never abandon his servants. 

It is very good to know about your experience sister,but we need to be mindful that Jehovah will not always shield us or everyone of us from the effects of Adam's disobedience even though we are JW's.

unfortunate circumstances including poverty and wants and hunger and sickness and death still affect our brothers worldwide,it is not something we can pretend about.it is better to be aware of the realities involved in being a JW than to be disappointed because of failed expectations.

The  guarantee Jehovah has given us now is that no matter what we suffer now in this old system,it will be compensated for in the new system of things,and even right now we are guaranteed of a "spiritual" paradise not a physical one.

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

It is very good to know about your experience sister,but we need to be mindful that Jehovah will not always shield us or everyone of us from the effects of Adam's disobedience even though we are JW's.

unfortunate circumstances including poverty and wants and hunger and sickness and death still affect our brothers worldwide,it is not something we can pretend about.it is better to be aware of the realities involved in being a JW than to be disappointed because of failed expectations.

The  guarantee Jehovah has given us now is that no matter what we suffer now in this old system,it will be compensated for in the new system of things,and even right now we are guaranteed of a "spiritual" paradise not a physical one.

I know. Its in the bible..... Ex: Job, David , paul , ruth and naomi and the list goes on. Even wealthy nations have problems. 

Here's the thing. Jehovah's did promise us to provide, even our material necessities when we're lacking.
His promises for now are not only spiritual ones.

How does Jehovah provide? Sometimes in ways we did not expect.

For me, when I was serving in a foreign language field, and I had my last money spend on public transportation for going out in the ministry.. I was litteraly broke I think I had €0.20 left on my bankaccount

I remember praying to Jehovah: oke Father, that's it.. now I'm really broke. I'm fine, because I'm in the ministry, but for worldly standards.... I'm nothing. I know you'll provide and allready see things I don't know of, so please help me in the ministry today.

This lasted some hours. Then I met a brother down the road and he gave me some money. The exact amount I needed to survive the month till my next paycheck.

You see, with things like this, someone is not holding up his hand, saying to others: you have to help me.
It is Jehovah, motivating a brother or sister to help out. But truly, it is Jehovah who is doing this.

In my congregation we sometimes say: when swimming in this world, Jehovah sometimes allows the water to come to your lips. But he will never let you drown
Call it a close call, but Jehovah knows how to help out, even materially.

And honestly, this feeling, knowing that only Jehovah is now the one who can do something for you, is very liberating.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sepie93 said:

Here's the thing. Jehovah's did promise us to provide, even our material necessities when we're lacking.
His promises for now are not only spiritual ones.

How does Jehovah provide? Sometimes in ways we did not expect.

For me, when I was serving in a foreign language field, and I had my last money spend on public transportation for going out in the ministry.. I was litteraly brokeemoji2373.png I think I had €0.20 left on my bankaccountemoji16.png

I remember praying to Jehovah: oke Father, that's it.. now I'm really broke. I'm fine, because I'm in the ministry, but for worldly standards.... I'm nothing. I know you'll provide and allready see things I don't know of, so please help me in the ministry today.

This lasted some hours. Then I met a brother down the road and he gave me some money. The exact amount I needed to survive the month till my next paycheck.

You see, with things like this, someone is not holding up his hand, saying to others: you have to help me.
It is Jehovah, motivating a brother or sister to help out. But truly, it is Jehovah who is doing this.

In my congregation we sometimes say: when swimming in this world, Jehovah sometimes allows the water to come to your lips. But he will never let you drownemoji16.png
Call it a close call, but Jehovah knows how to help out, even materially.

And honestly, this feeling, knowing that only Jehovah is now the one who can do something for you, is very liberating.

Stories of Jehovah's miraculous provisions is not uncommon,but Jehovah can't do miracle for us everyday to take care of our daily needs,we also need to work,we need to make deliberate efforts and plans to take care of our daily needs,that is why Jehovah made us to be intelligent creatures.

you may also want to consider that Jehovah will not consistently do miracle for us because there is a sovereignty issue that we are involved in,and we as Jehovah's human servants have to prove Satan a liar that we can remain faithful to Jehovah despite challenges.If Jehovah always shield his human servants from these challenges how then will they prove Satan a liar.

Miracles happen but we cannot always wait for miracles to take care of our daily needs,it is just not practical,especially when you have a family under you.

What a wonderful video!
Food at the right time!

There is still pandemic in many places but apparently we are back to the daily routines as they were before, 
so I see that Brother Lett's reminder is appropriate because perhaps the number of brethren who are getting lost on this path of materialism has increased a lot now.

He said, "remember the principles"

The early experience shows two opposites: one without the spiritual paradise and one with the spiritual paradise
When they reached the spiritual paradise in their path, the young people in the experiment family preferred to go back to not having a spiritual paradise, it makes us wonder.

I wonder if when we get material things and a comfortable life (things that we did not have before in life) would we be willing to be humble if necessary to live

I remember the second part of the video of Lot's wife in the modern day ....there came a time when she was not willing to let go of her new life...

We also need to be content with the things we have now

brother's words in 2023:

"distraction"

"real danger"

"power of materialism"

"materialism....most effective way by Satan today"

I believe the video is not talking about day to day survival, or the effort you give to work and get things.... but is talking about the "power of materialism" - something different

So, I get it: make use of what you have
Live with what you have
Plan with what you have

Another quote from brother lett:

"manupulated by the world"

"wait patiently" - "be willing to wait"

So we must understand that the spiritual paradise is superlative, the worldly paradise is of the world - now..........it is not yet ours but it will be

Another interesting phrase he used: 
"this is no time for us to search"

The link brother Lett said about "temporary residents" clearly reminds me of Sarah, getting used to a situation in a teda in whatever land over there and then 

Abraham telling her they were moving again in 1 month...How must she have reacted to that ?
The same is today, we should react favorably to what the brother said about Waiting, and choosing the better part of Jehovah

Phrase: 
"choose the better part"
"the treasures of Jehovah will give us life"

"remember the principles"

"be content with your daily bread"

Stories of Jehovah's miraculous provisions is not uncommon,but Jehovah can't do miracle for us everyday to take care of our daily needs,we also need to work,we need to make deliberate efforts and plans to take care of our daily needs,that is why Jehovah made us to be intelligent creatures.

you may also want to consider that Jehovah will not consistently do miracle for us because there is a sovereignty issue that we are involved in,and we as Jehovah's human servants have to prove Satan a liar that we can remain faithful to Jehovah despite challenges.If Jehovah always shield his human servants from these challenges how then will they prove Satan a liar.
Miracles happen but we cannot always wait for miracles to take care of our daily needs,it is just not practical,especially when you have a family under you.

Well, where does the Bible teach that Jehovah will not do this?

Matthew 6:33: the right order: first kingdom interests, then He will add. It is a lifestyle Jesus talks about, not necessarily a single occasion.

You see, the sovereignty issue is not at stake here. Satan says: whatever God's servants need, they will do in order to save their life, or make their life easier.

So, Jehovah will not miraculously give us all the things we want or need, just because He can. This would look like Satan's accusation against Jehovah in the time of Job.

But! When we show through our lives and trust that we put Jehovah and Kingdom Interests first, even though we go through some tough times, Jehovah will prove to be loyal and say to Satan: he or she remained focused on me. He didn't trade spiritual interests for a living or a comfy life in your system. I bless his efforts and add what he lacks or needs.

The sovereignty issue does not limit Jehovah's loyalty to us, nor his ability to stay loyal to His own promises; every single day.

And once again, I'm not arguing that we just sit and do nothing. We have to do our part. But we have to do only our part. The rest is Jehovah. That's exactly what Jesus asked us: do not worry anymore because your Father knows what you need.

This video shows these principles in a beautiful way:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbai_201505_1_VIDEO

When the brother was focused mainly on his work, it didn't work out. But when he started to trust more on Jehovah, shift his focus to spiritual matters, while doing his part, Jehovah came into action.

7 hours ago, Ishaya said:

you might be surprised to know that  some brothers and their families are unable to attend the three day conventions because it requires alot of money and planing plus feeding because the assembly hall is very far away and sometimes you need to rent a place to stay because the accommodations in the assembly hall is not sufficient to house everyone.It is  frustrating when you can't afford to do what you need to do because it requires money and you don't have the money.

I’m not surprised at all, I have been in tough financial situations myself many times. What you’re talking about is not materialism, it’s needing to provide for your family and survive in a crazy world. 

Edited by Esined

13 hours ago, Loyal said:

did you watch the video ? i only mentioned a part 

Not yet. I was just responding to the idea you can’t be disfellowshipped for being materialistic. And by that I don’t mean the  struggle most of us in this system feel to balance our spirituality with the need to survive and support ourselves and our families. Like anything it’s when the focus on material things comes at the expense of our relationship with Jehovah and others and gets drastically out of hand. 

Very powerful video. This is one of my favorite morning worships. It’s pretty sobering to know that materialism affects so many brothers and sisters. We have to be on guard against satan’s snares!

Edited by *Jack*

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

14 hours ago, Loyal said:

did you watch the video ? i only mentioned a part 

@Loyal now I see what you mean. You were summarizing a bit what the brother said about people falling away due to materialism instead of being disfellowshipped and they don’t have numbers for that but they do know it’s affecting a very large number of Jehovah’s people.

My point was that unchecked materialism (and I don’t mean what @Ishaya is talking about ) can lead to certain seriously harmful attitudes and actions that are just as “bad” as sexual immorality. So why don’t we take it as seriously? If people took it seriously enough then maybe they would be more likely to get help and not fall away from the truth. 

5 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

Well, where does the Bible teach that Jehovah will not do this?

Matthew 6:33: the right order: first kingdom interests, then He will add. It is a lifestyle Jesus talks about, not necessarily a single occasion.

You see, the sovereignty issue is not at stake here. Satan says: whatever God's servants need, they will do in order to save their life, or make their life easier.

So, Jehovah will not miraculously give us all the things we want or need, just because He can. This would look like Satan's accusation against Jehovah in the time of Job.

But! When we show through our lives and trust that we put Jehovah and Kingdom Interests first, even though we go through some tough times, Jehovah will prove to be loyal and say to Satan: he or she remained focused on me. He didn't trade spiritual interests for a living or a comfy life in your system. I bless his efforts and add what he lacks or needs.

The sovereignty issue does not limit Jehovah's loyalty to us, nor his ability to stay loyal to His own promises; every single day.

And once again, I'm not arguing that we just sit and do nothing. We have to do our part. But we have to do only our part. The rest is Jehovah. That's exactly what Jesus asked us: do not worry anymore because your Father knows what you need.

This video shows these principles in a beautiful way:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbai_201505_1_VIDEO

When the brother was focused mainly on his work, it didn't work out. But when he started to trust more on Jehovah, shift his focus to spiritual matters, while doing his part, Jehovah came into action.

The way I see it is that eventually everyone will have to make his own decision on how to balance between work and spirituality.but honestly, i do feel that I have seen extreme views in this matter that  I believe are impractical with surviving the hardship of the last days especially in developing and underdeveloped countries where jobs are very  hard to find. 
If we can be realistic about it,I think there are very few jobs that can perfectly accommodate your spiritual routine.we live in satan's world,we don't expect things to come by so easy for us in serving Jehovah,you usually have to find a way to balance work and spiritual routine,even if it means changing congregation to a congregation that can make it possible for you to attend Sunday meetings either morning or evening.this seem like a better way of handling a situation than quiting a job.you can serve Jehovah faithfully  in any congregation you join it doesn't have to be in just one congregation.
Some brothers miss attending assemblies and conventions with their congregation because of work,but it doesn't stop them from attending with other congregations,the instructions we receive are all the same and what is especially desired is that we apply what we are taught in our daily lives and become good people who know how to show love for God and their fellow humans.

13 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

you usually have to find a way to balance work and spiritual routine,even if it means changing congregation to a congregation that can make it possible for you to attend Sunday meetings either morning or evening.this seem like a better way of handling a situation than quiting a job

It’s interesting to see all the videos presented to us during midweek meetings, on how brothers and sisters handled conflicting situations between employment and meeting attendance. Do you remember some of them? Recently there was one. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, Ishaya said:

The way I see it is that eventually everyone will have to make his own decision on how to balance between work and spirituality.but honestly, i do feel that I have seen extreme views in this matter that  I believe are impractical with surviving the hardship of the last days especially in developing and underdeveloped countries where jobs are very  hard to find. 

My brother, putting the Kingdom first is going to mean different decisions depending on different circumstances. Only you and Jehovah know what your circumstances are based on your personal situation and what it’s like where you live. I for one am not judging you.

Over the years the organization has demonstrated an awareness of how much things have changed economically and the impact on how much we all need to work, commute etc. They have done this by reducing the number of congregation meetings per week (I don’t know if you were in the truth when we met 3 times a week instead of 2), reducing the length of the district conventions, and reducing service hour requirements for pioneers.

I have a friend here in the US who recently had to work a very tough schedule with extra overnight hours for a time in order to be able to afford to move his family to another home. They were living in a very cramped apartment and the neighborhood was not so great. The new home they are renting is still modest but in a safer area, it allows family members to have more privacy, allows them to show more hospitality to others, and it’s in a more practical location for getting to meetings and work. 

He and his son also just recently qualified for new privileges. So yes, he worked

hard to improve his family’s situation even though they weren’t destitute. But he still kept a focus on doing things for practical and spiritual reasons and Jehovah seems to be blessing his efforts.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, WilliamChew said:

You are a treasure 🥰🙏🥰🙏🥰🙏

this will become our WFN this week 😃🤗

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

We are told to pray (and work to support our prayer) for the necessities of the day, our "daily bread".  We have had many instructions on not waiting until we have a good job or a new car or money save up befrore we start in the full-time service.  Many Pioneers will share stories with you of Jehovah taking care of needs for them (often clothing or car stories).  I have my own.

Why would Jesus tell the Rich Young Ruler to dispose of his wealth?  He perceived that it would be a snare for him.  Why did he say we can't serve for riches and God?  We lose a focus and our heart gets divided.  Why would expensive clothers be worth more in the field ministry than ordinary clothes?  Why would driving in service or to the meeting in an expensive car be better that arriving in a common vehicle?

I truly love an older video about a single mother and her children who are very poor.  They are shown with a single bowl of rice at each meal.  The mother is struggling with making ends meet.  But nowhere in the video is it suggested that she seek a beeter job.  In fact the purpose of the video is to show how we can give, even when we are of little means.  The children are happy to share.  It is well worth watching again.  Study the family situation.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/FamilyChallenges/pub-jwbai_201412_1_VIDEO

23 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Why would Jesus tell the Rich Young Ruler to dispose of his wealth?  He perceived that it would be a snare for him.  Why did he say we can't serve for riches and God?  We lose a focus and our heart gets divided.  Why would expensive clothers be worth more in the field ministry than ordinary clothes?  Why would driving in service or to the meeting in an expensive car be better that arriving in a common vehicle?

I think some of us are talking about different things. The points you make above are obvious, our financial situation should never hold us back from serving Jehovah whole souled and we shouldn’t work extra to have better and expensive things just for the sake of it—*that’s* materialism. And no matter how little we have materially we always have something to give, that is a beautiful thing about being one of Jehovah’s people.

But what is shown in that video and the Caleb & Sophia videos and the family in Remember the Wife of Lot *before* they let materialism throw them off course are families enjoying a much higher standard of living than what a lot of brothers and sisters have, believe it or not! They have very spacious homes, simple solid furniture in good condition, decent clothing and shoes in good condition, the ability to keep everything clean, it shows them living in safe and hygienic conditions. Although I don’t know, most people can’t literally live on rice alone indefinitely without their health being compromised from malnourishment. (Literal bread in Jesus’ time would have been more nourishing than the kind of bread we eat today.)

Real poverty and economic hardship makes life extremely complicated, not simple. It’s not just about it being stressful to make ends meet. It could mean you get sick a lot because you have to live in a building full of roaches or mice or mold, or you are constantly at risk of being evicted, or you can’t afford necessary medication and health care, or you live in a country where everyone has to spend hours waiting in line to buy a bag of rice or some eggs. This is why we have a lot of wonderful experiences in the publications about brothers and sisters in dire economic straits praying and trusting in Jehovah, staying focused, keeping a positive outlook and continuing to serve him while working and keeping balanced, and eventually, yes, finding a better job that allows them to meet their basic needs.

That is where the warnings about materialism are so important—like the experience Bro Lett shared, once we have our basic needs met or a little more, it’s very easy to become complacent and stop relying on Jehovah. 

2 hours ago, Esined said:

I think some of us are talking about different things.

It is a wide ranging topic.  Do we remember back on page 1 the question Br. Isayah asked.

"A lot of JW's here in Nigeria have very nice houses and drive very nice cars,

This topic usually confuse me because when it is discussed, it makes living a comfortable life or desiring a comfortable life to look like a bad thing and those who are able to afford a good life to look like sinners or unserious brothers."

So when the experiences are cited, or articles are quoted or videos are shown what do we see and hear?  Is it encouragement to use, buy or display the biggest, best and grandest we can afford or try to afford?  Is that what suits the kingdom interests best?  Remember Paul's counsel...1 Corinthianans 7:29, 31…”Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced…those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing."

So to answer the question, even if I could work hard enough to buy enough material things to "look very nice"{ or plan to fulfill a "desire for a very comfortable life" should that be my goal?  By showing all the various experiences to the contrary should indicate the direction God's Organization recommends.  Even if you can, it does not mean you should.

The trust we have in Jehovah's promises is based on our being content with sustenance and covering, the basics of life.  We don't pray for the  house to have a pool and a home-theater.  A modest home will suffice.  We may have a large family and we might need 3 cars.  But should we be be praying for 3 luxury cars?  Wouldn't 3 common vehicles (or even used cars) suffice?

So to answer Br. Isyah's questions deals with the focus of our material needs and not necessarily the maximizing of our "comfortableness". 

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

The trust we have in Jehovah's promises is based on our being content with sustenance and covering, the basics of life.  We don't pray for the  house to have a pool and a home-theater.  A modest home will suffice.  We may have a large family and we might need 3 cars.  But should we be be praying for 3 luxury cars?  Wouldn't 3 common vehicles (or even used cars) suffice?

To be honest, this is challenging to many even for Jw's. To only be content with the basics of life especially when you see on social media that this bro or that sis are having a nice vacation, eating a fancy meal, constructing a nice and comfortable house  filled with latest TV and sofas. 

It takes great faith. and great faith needs a lot of meditation and prayer. 

Edited by JennyM

3 minutes ago, JennyM said:

To be honest, this is challenging to many even for Jw's. To only be content with the basics of life especially when you see on social media that this bro or that sis are having a nice vacation, eating a fancy meal, constructing a nice and comfortable house  filled with latest TV and sofas. 

It takes great faith. and great faith needs a lot of meditation and prayer. 

And your non Jw neighbor seems to have it all and theyre seem to be  happy. 

I was meditating last night and it really takes great faith to make  things that we dont see  as reality. 

And your non Jw neighbor seems to have it all and theyre seem to be  happy. 
I was meditating last night and it really takes great faith to make  things that we dont see  as reality. 
They seem to be happy.

I'll never forget something one of my colleagues told me. She and her husband have a very good income, and are living a "good" live materially.

So, one time, I was moving out from my parents house to go on my own. This was a huge thing for me financially. So, some friends helped me with some expenses and many of the furniture I got from brothers and sisters who offered it to me etc.

However, there was one quite important thing missing: a wardrobe. I just didn't have the money! So I waited for more than a year before I was able to buy a wardrobe. How happy I was when my clothes were finally put into something instead of lying somewhere

So when I told at work that I finally for my wardrobe, my colleague came to me and asked me how on earth it is possible to live life without a wardrobe!? Well.. I told her it wasn't that hard!

Then she looked to me and said softly: I wished I had some more contentment. How beautiful to live life free from those worries. You see, after a few months I have to buy something new. We're always busy to please ourselves or to comply with the standard other people might expect from us. I'm a little jealous that you can live your life like that.

This opened the way to a good witness.

This experience teached me people who have all those things, need to show you that they're somehow happy. But it isn't necessarily sincere. So I stopped looking to what someone has.. For many, it's just a made up happiness.

44 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

However, there was one quite important thing missing: a wardrobe. I just didn't have the money! So I waited for more than a year before I was able to buy a wardrobe. How happy I was when my clothes were finally put into something instead of lying somewhere

We have a makeshift wardrobe outside our rented small apartment.

Think about. Its outside. 

Wealth has a different definitions to every country. 

Perhaps, here a latest mobile phone is a wealth. 

To some, its the latest car. 

And to others, perhaps just the basic regular supply of water and can eat 3x a day. 

I had really wealthy bosses but theyre unhappy. Theyve been into drugs and got severe sickness at old age. Just look at those famous and rich celebrities, theyve became drug addict, addicted to prescription medicines and died at age 50's. 

Really, we cannot buy  true peace that comes  only from Jehovah. 

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

We are told to pray (and work to support our prayer) for the necessities of the day, our "daily bread".  We have had many instructions on not waiting until we have a good job or a new car or money save up befrore we start in the full-time service.  Many Pioneers will share stories with you of Jehovah taking care of needs for them (often clothing or car stories).

This is so true.  There is an elder in our congregation that wants to be a regular pioneer.  He has a full time job and feels that his schedule would not allow it.  He was searching for months for the kind of work that would allow him to pioneer, but did not find any.  But when the announcement on new hourly requirements was made, he and his wife applied to be regular pioneers.  And then just this month, he found the job he was looking for and resigned on his full time work. Very encouraging.

Edited by rockieboi

Injustice is when a little girl in China is deprived of her childhood because she needs to glue the soles of your son’s latest Nike.

Envy is a really horrible thing, and can cause all sorts of dark thoughts. Including mistrust, misjudging of one‘s character or inner motives, slowing down in faith, and is a dividing quality. 

Even in Nigeria, a family might have come into a windfall or inheritance, or perhaps built their wealth while still in the world, or maybe even what is common worldwide today through scrupulous means. It is vital to look past the material things - just because someone owns something, doesn’t necessarily mean they strived for it. We have a number of brothers who run their own businesses and might deal with large sums of money, but use it wisely for business expenses, and therefore are able to focus on pioneering or serving the congregation and their families.

Some sadly think that owning your own home makes you materialistic. I‘ve known various elders, former district overseers who’ve owned property, often as a result of smart financial decisions or family support. So seeing ones with material possessions doesn’t mean they haven’t kept a simple life, or are materialistic. Even if they weren’t educated. Yes the times are different today, but Jehovah gives what each one needs, which may include material support, or the wisdom to use the riches of this world wisely and thus personally benefit , which the scriptures encourage.  Not just to fill up on material things, or worse get into debt.

How many regular pioneers do I know that are the ones who often go on those exotic vacations? The reason the pioneers give their experiences is to show that nothing is impossible for Jehovah, even in dire straits. But sometimes it’s our own attitude that needs to change. Children are  influenced by their parents, so if the parents make serving Jehovah a priority, then the children will also have the right mindset and this will make up for any lack. There are many bible accounts to meditate on and help our children and ourselves see how Jehovah blesses those who trust in him. See Imitate their Faith book. Don’t let the advertisement of this world‘s standards trump everything we learn from Jehovah.

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)