JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

THE WATCHTOWER—STUDY July 2023

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Remember:  It is called the "GREAT Tribulation".  Suffering is part of the scenario.  The sister in Siberia ate tree bark...sorry....❤️

@jwhess  I thought of that sister yesterday when I watched the 5:30 pm  ABC news with David.  He was featuring the part 'the boys of the water' - Sudan? - and the mother said the young baby only had water to drink and water lilies. Broke my heart.  We have no idea yet what we'll face - we just have to stay loyal to Jehovah whatever comes our way.  

On 4/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Good-O said:

We have no idea yet what we'll face - we just have to stay loyal to Jehovah whatever comes our way.  

"Although the fig tree may not blossom,

And there may be no fruit on the vines;

Although the olive crop may fail,

And the fields* may produce no food;

Although the flock may disappear from the pen,

And there may be no cattle in the stalls; 

Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah;

I will be joyful in the God of my salvation." --- Habakkuk 3:17, 18

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

On 4/20/2023 at 5:24 AM, Thomas Walker said:

I remember a talk once, where the brother said: "Make friends in your Cong now, because you'll probably have to wait it out with your least favorite brothers and sisters."

The line got a laugh, but it'll happen.

Purely by coincidence, we're watching the drama about the destruction of Jerusalem tonight for Family Worship. The crux of it was that it took 4 years for Rome to return and destroy. Time enough to doubt. Those 'interior rooms' might be home for weeks. Even months. But back in Jerusalem, it wasn't 'business as usual'. However we wait it out, it'll be safer than 'outside'.

Amen! It could very well even be years! which , in agreement with your sentiments, underscore the importance of our love for each other and endurance. 

we can spend more time with our brothers, always being in the field, at meetings, not being in a hurry to leave, arriving early if possible, going for walks, scheduling group activities, always calling and sending messages, it is essential now to spend as much time as possible with our brothers.

All this talk and encouragement to get and stay close to our brothers and sisters made me think of those who are still inactive, who keep in touch here and there with the friends or even just on social media.    How sad it will be for them, because they might have the feeling now of not belonging but how are they going to feel then.    So how much more we should try to encourage them now.

46 minutes ago, Bamahrt said:

All this talk and encouragement to get and stay close to our brothers and sisters made me think of those who are still inactive, who keep in touch here and there with the friends or even just on social media.    How sad it will be for them, because they might have the feeling now of not belonging but how are they going to feel then.    So how much more we should try to encourage them now.

I was thinking of these ones last week.  Our elders made a concentrated effort to invite EVERY inactive person we are aware of to come to the Memorial and Special Talk at the beginning of the month.  In the majority of the cases it was an "in-person" invitation.  A couple were by letter.

Sadly, only one family out the more than a dozen came.  And they had been coming for a month or so already.  But we will not give up...❤️

On 4/18/2023 at 7:39 PM, Sheep said:

The "Life Story" article is about a brother I remember when he served as our District Overseer. I think it was sometime in the 1990s. We were the "host congregation" at one point, and he visited us. Very "down-to-earth" and humble.

And a great sense of humour . 

Watchtower study future August edition has a very interesting cover in my point of view: Daniel being protected by an angel at the lions´den 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 3 months later...
13 minutes ago, JennyM said:

They stock up tissue.They wear the same clothes when survived. 

Jehovah will do miracles during GT . Thats for sure. 

The first one has a new or another jacket, in blue.

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

In these 'imminent times", I've pondered on the thought that yes, we are constantly reminded to keep preaching the good news, to find honest hearted ones, but perhaps the real underlying reason, now, is that in field service, you really get know your brothers and sisters. Much more so then brief chats before and after meetings. This 'closeness' will help us all when under attack from the world in the GT.

So as the system wraps up, it's not so much a do or die effort to reach everyone, but more so to strengthen the bonds between members of the congregations. If we find interested one's, then that's just a bonus :)

Jehovah could bring the system to an end right now, as He is the judge as to who will survive Armageddon. We know that his earthly organisation cannot preach to everyone in the world before the GT starts, Mat 10:23 “for truly I say to you, You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.” But now is a time for the congregation members to draw close, closer than ever before, in preparation of what soon lies ahead.

These are of course just my personal thoughts, from nights of insomnia lol

Edited by SteveAus

7 hours ago, SteveAus said:

Nestes 'tempos iminentes', tenho refletido sobre o pensamento de que sim, somos constantemente lembrados de continuar pregando as boas novas, de encontrar pessoas de coração honesto, mas talvez a verdadeira razão subjacente, agora, seja que no serviço de campo, você realmente conhecer seus irmãos e irmãs. Muito mais do que breves bate-papos antes e depois das reuniões. Essa 'proximidade' nos ajudará a todos quando estivermos sob ataque do mundo no GT .

Assim, à medida que o sistema termina, não é tanto um esforço de fazer ou morrer para alcançar todos, mas mais para fortalecer os laços entre os membros das congregações. Se encontrarmos alguém interessado, isso é apenas um bônus:)

Jeová pode acabar com o sistema agora mesmo, pois Ele é o juiz de quem sobreviverá ao Armagedom. Sabemos que sua organização terrena não pode pregar a todos no mundo antes do início do GT , Mateus 10:23 “pois em verdade vos digo que de modo algum completarás o circuito das cidades de Israel até que chegue o Filho do homem. ” Mas agora é o tempo para os membros da congregação se aproximarem mais do que nunca, em preparação para o que está por vir.

Estes são, claro, apenas meus pensamentos pessoais, de noites de insônia lol

You are not alone, I think so too, we need to be with our brothers and keep focused on the ministerial service even if it doesn't have great results, we need to stop looking at the clock and enjoy the company of our brothers, by doing this time will pass faster and let's strengthen our faith even more.

On 8/20/2023 at 4:53 AM, SteveAus said:

IJehovah could bring the system to an end right now, as He is the judge as to who will survive Armageddon. We know that his earthly organisation cannot preach to everyone in the world before the GT starts, Mat 10:23 “for truly I say to you, You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.” But now is a time for the congregation members to draw close, closer than ever before, in preparation of what soon lies ahead.

These are of course just my personal thoughts, from nights of insomnia lol

Just a small point of note:  Jesus is the Judge as to who will survive Armageddon.  He separates the "sheep and goats".  God has appointed all judging to him...Acts 10:43..."that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead."

It is just a small way in which we "honor the son" as God has commanded....❤️

Sorry for the momentary interruption.