JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hezekiah's toilet

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2733 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I saw this a number of days ago. I didn't read this article specifically, but the one I read brought out that the horns of the idol in the chamber were desecrated and the toilet was shown to be unused, seeming to be more symbolic than anything since that chamber was considered the most holy of holies in that altar.

The Stone Throne:

The Stone Throne.jpg.gif

Putting a privvy in a false god's sacred place seems to have been common practice back then:

WHY INSTALL A TOILET?

Putting a latrine at a holy site was considered to be sacrilege as it soiled a religious location that was to be respected.

Evidence of abolishing cultic locations by installing a toilet in them is known in the Bible.

In the case of Jehu destroying the cult of Baʽal in Samaria, the bible states: “And they demolished the pillar of Baʽal, and demolished the house of Baʽal, and made it a latrine to this day” (II Kings 10:27). 

The discovery at Tel Lachish, however, is the first time that an archaeological find confirms this practice. 

Same article Sister Anna cited

I wonder how they flushed it?Thinking scratchchin.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, JarydBurcham said:

Which is why I like Hezekiah now more than ever. I'm naming my firstborn after him. :lol:

I hope your firstborn isn't a girl then. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)