JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Stopping in to say hello

Hi friends!

I wanted to stop in to say hello. I have had a rough couple of months, so I haven't been here much. I hope everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected in this old system.

Hubby and I had to put our dog down a week ago, and it has been very hard on us. She was like our kid.  Our dog got sick and went downhill very quickly. She had Cushing's Disease.  So the past two months we had to pick her up and carry her everywhere because her back end wasted away. I know she was "just a dog", but they become part of the family.

So the stress of that has really thrown my MS into relapse. All I want to do is sleep. Hoping that I can get myself straightened out soon.

Looking forward to getting back on track and into a somewhat 'normal' routine again.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Lucy

15181447_10158049077580556_6968844112282164315_n.jpg

Lucy, I'm so sorry for the turmoil in your life. Your dear doggie. Jehovah expects us to take care of our domestic animals. That means caring for them as you have. I know for us who have pets and care for them in this ugly system, it is so hard. One of the gifts we will receive in the new system is being able enjoy them, and be balanced. Won't it be wonderful to fully care for them as Jehovah meant for us, and not end up broken hearted? I'm just sure that will happen. 

In the mean time, we just need to draw closer to Jehovah as this system spirals downward. As we do so, our joy will increase. So, hang in there, dear sister. Its almost over. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, I know. "Just a dog". But I also know, "a dear dog". 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I know one day my little Zoey will not be with us and I can't even think about. I am SO sorry that you ARE dealing with that. My heart and tears go out to you.   :grouphug:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My last doggo was a purebred Australian Shepherd.  I loved that dog, my little Misty, all 45 pounds of her...she left me in 1994 and I haven't had a dog since. 

I am glad to see you here,  not so glad to see you in pain. I hope you are better as soon as possible,  health wise.  The pain of losing a furball friend will diminish in time, oftimes it is far too long..

Hi Lucy,

First time meeting you. :) I, too, am sorry for your loss. :(  Our animals are never "just a dog" "just a cat" "just a horse, rabbit or turtle" .. they are Jehovah's  creatures;  precious gifts from him to us. And yes, they become our children!  She sure is cute and that patch around her eye is adorable!  Was she a little jack terrier or mix? I've  lost a lot of pets over the years since childhood;  my last one was my cat 2 yrs. ago. I still grieve for him.   I didn't want another pet after that and still don't (the loss was too painful and I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to animals) but somehow I have a little turtle now (lol). I knew I needed to rescue him from my 14 yr. old granddaughter cuz she didn't know how to properly care for him (or have the interest). Well, I really didn't know how to care for a turtle either, but have since learned w/the help of I-Net. I understand the depression and wanting to just sleep, too.  MS must be a real challenge to deal with.  We all have some sort of health burden or other burdens to bear.  May Jehovah give you strength and 'power beyond normal' to keep enduring in this wicked 'ole system and may you keep your hope bright; Paradise is "just around the corner!"

Edited by SusanE

Triggers for MS are major stress and the loss of a beloved pet is indeed stressful. Don't worry about sleeping a lot right now Lucy just go with it and don't feel guilty you can't help it. When my fatigue rears its ugly head I've learned not to fight it just go with it. Let your body heal and regain its  stability .... give it what it needs .  

Thinking of you . 

Wendy xo 

16 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I am glad to see you here,  not so glad to see you in pain. I hope you are better as soon as possible,  health wise.  The pain of losing a furball friend will diminish in time, oftimes it is far too long..

I think you nailed it right on the head, Tim... I don't think we ever get over the loss of a furbaby. At least it doesn't feel like it right now. Thank you for your kind words.

16 hours ago, SusanE said:

Our animals are never "just a dog" "just a cat" "just a horse, rabbit or turtle" .. they are Jehovah's  creatures;  precious gifts from him to us. And yes, they become our children!  She sure is cute and that patch around her eye is adorable!  Was she a little jack terrier or mix?

Hi Susan, so lovely to meet you. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, Bella was like a child that we never had. And she was only 9.  Jack Russells can easily live to 15 years, so it was devastating to us.  I am glad to hear about your turtle. I don't know anything about those little guys. Does he have a name?

Absolutely, we need to stay focused to much better times ahead! xxx

7 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

Triggers for MS are major stress and the loss of a beloved pet is indeed stressful. Don't worry about sleeping a lot right now Lucy just go with it and don't feel guilty you can't help it. When my fatigue rears its ugly head I've learned not to fight it just go with it. Let your body heal and regain its  stability .... give it what it needs .  

Thinking of you .

Thank you Wendy. I know if anyone understands the struggle with MS, it will be you! I appreciate your encouragement, it means a lot to me. Hugs

6 hours ago, Bakerrue221 said:

Yes they are a part of our family & our hearts.
Also the stress isn't good lovie.

I know as one suffering epilepsy, how this is.
My emoji173.png goes out to you sweetie.

Hi Shellie, I am sorry to hear about the epilepsy. Seems we are all struggling these days. Thank you for your comforting words. It means a lot me. Hugs

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, whitulip said:

I am glad to hear about your turtle. I don't know anything about those little guys. Does he have a name?

Hi Lucy, hope you're doing alright today :)  (or as well as can be expected)

His name is Sammy; he's a red-ear slider. Didn't know they  carry salmonella, so hubby gave him that name.  (cute, huh?!) I didn't know squat about 'em either -lol - till I adopted him and consulted the WW Web.  I don't know whether he's a boy or girl; can't tell their sex till a few -3 yrs old.  He's really domesticated now.  Loves to be talked to and hear me sing kingdom songs, loves his shell and little head to be petted, climbs up my chest, sticking his little head out looking at me for awhile, then snuggles in his blankie while I hold him for abit.  One thing I don't like about him is he's a very picky eater, so his diet isn't as well-rounded as I'd like/should be. Hoping things will change as he gets little older.  Oh, one of his very favorite things is to have his shell scrubbed w/a toothbrush--after he's been outside and played in the dirt. Haha!

Sadly, dogs don't have a very long lifespan; I was surprised cats can live up to 20 yrs.  Red-ear slider turtles can live 20 yrs and up and some even up to 70 yrs., but it all depends on their habitat, too.

I have owned numerous animals over the years, each one left behind a hole when they went to sleep.  I literally have feelings of pain, loss when I hear the song 'drums of Africa from Toto' because it was the song that was playing on the radio when we were driving my little budgie jiggers to the vet, he had flown into a window. 

For some of us who relate better to animals than humans, its like a physical blow, they are there to snuggle, offer unconditional support and love.  Always happy to see you, never grumpy and to come home after a long day and they're not there any more, that makes it tough too.  Even years after our beloved Buddy (a 35lb cat of pure love) I still miss him waddling coming to rest under my feet, where he'd proceed to nuzzle them, and I'd bury my toes in his fur.  Every time I eat bacon, I think of him, he'd get a whiff of it, and he'd RUN to me hoping for just a little tidbit.  

My dog Sydney, too big for her ears, scared of thunderstorms, blanket and clothes eating Sydney suffered from something very similar to this, she spent the last few years of her life in a modified chair so she could get around.  I had moved to an acreage, and she was too tiny to keep outdoors, and I was worried about coyotes, so my brother took her in when she was still healthy.  I'm so glad I wasn't part of that portion of her life, I don't think my heart could have stood it.    

So my reasoning behind sharing this is, is that I understand the depth of love and devotion you would have had for this little creature.  My animals in some cases have outlasted the humans in my life, with their love and steadfastness never wavering like theirs has.  I'm sorry for the loss of your furbaby.  

I know you're not ready for this right now, but there are so many animals that are living in tenuous conditions in shelters.  When you're ready, please consider adopting a poor soul in desperate need of their furever home.  

They won't take the place of your former friend, but they will become new ones.  

Love from Sharon, Ewok, Princess, Totoro, Bear and Ginny.   

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

QUOTE: "For some of us who relate better to animals than humans, its like a physical blow, they are there to snuggle, offer unconditional support and love.  Always happy to see you, never grumpy and to come home after a long day and they're not there any more, that makes it tough too.

So my reasoning behind sharing this is, is that I understand the depth of love and devotion you would have had for this little creature.  My animals in some cases have outlasted the humans in my life, with their love and steadfastness never wavering like theirs has."

Sad, but Beautifully expressed, Sister Sharon.  This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for your losses as well. 

On 12/5/2016 at 9:27 PM, cerebral ecstasy said:

For some of us who relate better to animals than humans, its like a physical blow, they are there to snuggle, offer unconditional support and love.

Thank you, Sharon, for your kind words. Sometimes I feel as if I am 'weird' because I love my animals so much. Your post brought tears to my eyes. xxx