JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ban on re-entry to us from 7 countries?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2627 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/green-card-donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

Just wondering, has this affected any witnesses?! I know there are various conventions, and I was wondering if anyone had went to go to a convention or visit family and couldn't reenter the US regardless of their having a legal green card?! 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I was surprised to hear they were detaining even those with proper documentation. If that continues we may see a great deal of civil unrest.....much more than we've seen before in the US.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I was surprised to hear they were detaining even those with proper documentation. If that continues we may see a great deal of civil unrest.....much more than we've seen before in the US.

The one and only Trump card he used to stop 134 million people with legal green cards, wives and or husbands with children out of USA doing business, vacation and maybe some conventions and other things besides refugee camps where thousands in some European and in Greece are freezing and dying.   Am so glad that my mom is no longer living during the end.  She never became a citizen of USA (Italian only), I thought if this would have happened if she lived and went to Italy one more time during this time she would not be able to come back home.    How foolish is this?  To mark and detain people with proper identification and documents that are not forgeries.   Even though, 134 million people coming into the US, is quite a number.    The world is ticked off (except for Russia), lets see how this intertwines with Bible prophecy. 

2 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

thought if this would have happened if she lived and went to Italy one more time during this time she would not be able to come back home.

I don't think the ban includes Italy. Only predominantly Muslim countries.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

When I first saw this, I thought it meant people from those countries with green cards, which is bad enough, but then I realized it means anyone VISITING those countries!  I wonder if the ban will grow to include any United States citizens that are born and raised here (non immigrant) who visit those countries?... And now the president has signed another executive order requesting a plan to defeat Isis in 30 days! If he's banning people from those countries, and Iran is banning US citizens, how is ISIS any longer in the US's jurisdiction?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

48 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

I don't think the ban includes Italy. Only predominantly Muslim countries.

We have four spare beds in NZ = first in first served.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

wonder if the ban will grow to include any United States citizens that are born and raised here (non immigrant) who visit those countries?.

I hope not. I have a son who travels to many Muslim countries for work in the oil industry, and is actually home based in Istanbul, Turkey. Currently he happens to be in working in Houston TX.

I know it says Muslim countries, but on the news like CNN, Fox and a few others are saying people with Green cards that are not even Muslim are being told they cannot enter the US.    Am glad your son is in US, cause if he wasn't he would not be able to come home.   NZ sounds wonderful, that's a place I would love to go in the Paradise!

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

And the Battle begins!

2 hours ago, cricket246 said:

When I first saw this, I thought it meant people from those countries with green cards, which is bad enough, but then I realized it means anyone VISITING those countries!  I wonder if the ban will grow to include any United States citizens that are born and raised here (non immigrant) who visit those countries?... And now the president has  signed another executive order requesting a plan to defeat isis in 30 days! If he's banning people from those countries, and Iran is banning US citizens, how is ISIS any longer in the US's jurisdiction?

If ISIS is destroyed, (and I think they will be for the most part) I hope to hear the cry of peace and security pretty soon!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

From what I know of Mr. Trump (only going on public appearances prior to him becoming President)  he means what he says and he will balk against anyone who defies him. He's used to having the ultimate say and perceives himself as having the power to have the last word. He's an interesting personality ... but I too share everyone's fears for the USA ...  he understands business strategies but not political implications. Will be interesting to see where this leads things on a world wide stage.

Is Trump an instrument (a brass instrument i reckon) that will be used by Jehovah? I think it is likely, but since Jehovah's day is already predetermined in Jehovah's  time schedule he would be using anyone who came into power at this time. What makes Trump interesting is his methods aren't conventional which means reactions are unprecendented. 

Just hang in there guys ... it's just around the corner.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

13 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

Wonder if this is the start of the king with his boisterously commanding the rest of the world? Making other countries bend to its will?

Hi Greg, I was just wondering which passage of scripture this would be fulfilling? I was searching but couldn't find it. Many thanks.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I was thinking of the little horn that takes over and talks boisterously. I cant remember where it was in Revelation where the one horn is uprooted and 3 popped up? I cant remember though.

Drugs I am on really mess with my memory.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

9 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

I was thinking of the little horn that takes over and talks boisterously. I cant remember where it was in Revelation where the one horn is uprooted and 3 popped up? I cant remember though.

It's in Daniel and the prophecy was fulfilled by Britain centuries ago.   The little horn that speaks boisterously is the 7th Word Power. 

45 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Oh ya ok i have trouble keeping all that straight thanks Shawn. Never used to have a problem with that kind of stuff.

We've talked about it a lot lately as a number of friends are trying to reinterpret the prophecy to fit Trump specifically and not the 7th World Power as a whole.

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/29516-so-how-many-here-watched-the-us-presidential-inauguration/?do=findComment&comment=441442

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/28683-is-trump-really-an-outsider/?do=findComment&comment=425298

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/27962-cry-of-peace-and-security/?do=findComment&comment=410630 

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/22122-donald-trump-all-the-topics-merged/?do=findComment&comment=377753

1 hour ago, Greg Dent said:

I actually thought that Trump looks a little bit like the horn in the image from the Daniel book.IMG_0546.JPG

Daniel 7:11 I kept watching at that time because of the sound of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking; I watched until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given over to be burned in the fire.

Interestingly most of that prophesy we understand to of happened or be happening now however there will be grandiose words being spoken by the horn when the beast is destroyed.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

2 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

Oh ya ok i have trouble keeping all that straight thanks Shawn. Never used to have a problem with that kind of stuff.

That must be very frustrating. I have difficultly remembering where I have read something but thankfully am often able to remember a couple of key words. Then I search for those words in the JWLibrary Bible. I keep praying that Jehovah helps this stuff to 'stick'.

(Sometimes I have to switch to the Ref Bible because the text has slightly changed.)

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

That's a given. They disagree on 99% of everything. 

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Which is funny since the Obama Administration is the one that came up with the list.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in President Trump's executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Sunday pointed to the Obama administration's actions as the basis for their selection of the seven countries. Trump's order bars citizens from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the U.S. for the next 90 days.

On 29 January 2017 at 1:34 PM, Stormswift said:

We have four spare beds in NZ = first in first served.

Wow, Mandi, where do you live?

I can't imagine it would be in Auckland. According to a recent report, Auckland is the 4th most expensive place in the world to live. The media makes it sound like there's only 4 spare beds in the whole of Auckland at the moment.