• 7-9
    • 10-11
    • 12-13
    • 14-15
    • 16-18
    • 19-22
    • 23-27
    • 28 and over

I found this very interesting test online to determine your "Narcissistic Personality Inventory".

http://personality-testing.info/tests/NPI/

It only takes a few minutes and yields some interesting results. I would describe my result as quite accurate.

(No need to comment you can just enter your score anonymously in the poll above)

Also very interesting is the statistic showing how the NPI score has been steadily growing since 1985

For men will be lovers of themselves

(2 Timothy 3:2)

Edited by ChocoBro

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

0 :) brother chocobro

I need to see if there's an honesty test somewhere on the internet.

No, kidding, but 0 is a phenomenal value, I didn't even know that was possible. I'm a a little embarassed 3 people did the test and posted a result of 1-3.. mine was way higher.

Edited by ChocoBro

Just now, Miss Bea said:

1, self sufficient...

i think, generally, among Jehovah's people, ones do not tend o be narcissistic. Let alone malignant narcissist. At least, I hope so.  

That is not necessarily the case. Vanity and materialism, the need to be admired are common human traits, albeit weaknesses from a spiritual standpoint. The nice thing is this test actually determines what goes on inside of you, and not so much how you carry yourself / project yourself to the outside world. When it comes to malignant narcissists, those also exist in the truth. Narcissism isn't just a choice of life or a viewpoint. It can also be a mental disorder. My dad was a terrible narcissist. But I understand today that he couldn't help himself.

For example, you can have an IQ of 75 but still think that you're better than other persons. But you can also be intellectually superior with a superior secular education and still get along with people that aren't highly educated but simple, meaning you can believe you are better at a lot of things than others but still do not feel that makes you superior as a human being.

My value was 14, by the way. I consider myself somewhat conceited, and somewhat vain. However, I work on it and try not project it to the outside world. I know that I tend to want to dominate conversations, but it's a characteristic about myself that I hate.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Wouldn't only a narcissist need to know if they were a narcissist?

:whistling::D

The sad thing is, most will never admit to it.

7 hours ago, Alexa said:

0 :) brother chocobro

5 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

1, self sufficient...

i think, generally, among Jehovah's people, ones do not tend o be narcissistic. Let alone malignant narcissist. At least, I hope so.  

Hmm... Re-examining the results till now I kind of wonder about whether the test was actually completely filled out without leaving out any questions. I mean, just a thought: how can you actually get zero out when one of the questions is:

I am much like everybody else.
I am an extraordinary person.

I mean, how can you consider yourself "much like everybody else" and at the same time accept that you need to be willing to die for your beliefs, something most people would never be willing to do. Unless you only compare yourself with fellow brothers. Maybe I'm missing something.

Or

Compliments embarrass me.
I like to be complimented.

Who doesn't like to be complimented? I mean, I know it's awkward to be put on the spot sometimes but aren't we admonished to compliment each other when somebody does something good?

Just wondering because according to the statistics, roughly 10% would get a score between 1-3 and that range seems a little overrated in this poll (till now). I'm just very surprised nobody is in the region between 4 and 9.

Or maybe Jehovah's Witnesses are heavily lowering the average and I'm just the super-narcissist among them :blink:

Edited by ChocoBro

A Swiss writer recently blamed today’s new life-style, which places so much emphasis on personal freedom, as being responsible for “a noticeable increase in narcissist neuroses and narcissist personality disturbances.”

Opposite can be true when we base out lifestyle on a fine exemplar Jesus Christ ... 

If we live by Phil 2:3 then it is possible to score ZERO in the test.

(BTW the test is too general to determine someone's personality.

Simply we are far more complex with many emotional layers attach to our personality)

I wonder how King David would score in the test ...especially with the question about manipulation? and yet Jehovah counted him as righteous not as someone with

narcissist personality disturbances etc...

You too Choco are more complex and above measurement of the test.

Don't read too much into the results of the test. (tu)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

O.K.

My score was 1-3.......NOW.....the questions were structured to elicit answers that were not

in the middle...so to speak....they were either black or white....light or dark...narcissist or a softie....so, there was

no third choice to choose from....on many of those questions, I would have picked an answer

between most of the 40 choices.

Does that make any sense:huh:

Edited by nanceebgd46

punctuation

33 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

O.K.

My score was 1-3.......NOW.....the questions were structured to elicit answers that were not

in the middle...so to speak....they were either black or white....light or dark...narcissist or a softie....so, there was

no third choice to choose from....on many of those questions, I would have picked an answer

I had exactly similar feelings .. too plain to choose from, not enough variables to reflect my personality and the way I feel about the subject.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

You too Choco are more complex and above measurement of the test.

Don't read too much into the results of the test. (tu)

Actually, that is so true.  It's a relative thing, all these bits that make up a person's personality.  Your confidence and assertiveness doesn't make you a narcissist. 

The other thing is that among JW's, we have more incentive to tone down excessive behaviour and to try to be more modest.  As Greg pointed out, the world is being encouraged to go full-ball in the other direction.  Which is why the WT study on fleshly and spiritual leadings was so timely for us.

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Hmm... Re-examining the results till now I kind of wonder about whether the test was actually completely filled out without leaving out any questions. I mean, just a thought: how can you actually get zero out when one of the questions is:

I mean, how can you consider yourself "much like everybody else" and at the same time accept that you need to be willing to die for your beliefs, something most people would never be willing to do. Unless you only compare yourself with fellow brothers. Maybe I'm missing something.

Or

Who doesn't like to be complimented? I mean, I know it's awkward to be put on the spot sometimes but aren't we admonished to compliment each other when somebody does something good?

Just wondering because according to the statistics, roughly 10% would get a score between 1-3 and that range seems a little overrated in this poll (till now). I'm just very surprised nobody is in the region between 4 and 9.

Or maybe Jehovah's Witnesses are heavily lowering the average and I'm just the super-narcissist among them :blink:

i got 1 too , and I too, wondered about some of the questions. But honestly I consider myself just like anyone else, and since this test isn't bringing in the spiritual aspect - if you take that away - I'm on equal footing with everyone else, even WITH the hope we have ... im still just like everyone else physically, mentally. So that's an ok question.

I think with the compliment one, it's ackonwledged everyone likes compliments, but we don't seek them which is what the second option I think is saying. And if I'm standing in a group and get complimented I do go bright red.  

So I'm going to go with Sister Bea's comment - most in the truth would be in the first/seceond category depending at what stage one is with putting on the new personality and coupled with what type of person they were before the truth as well. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

13 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

1, self sufficient...

I don't think spiritually has anything to do with it. It's a personality disorder.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 hours ago, vern said:

I scored 1 on this test.... but if i was younger i'd get more;  but spiritual training helps.... and the school of everyone knocking you silly...

Yes i wonder if the answers will differ according to age groups - many learn from experience and change the way they look at things  Would be nice if more would.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

I don't think spiritually has anything to do with it. It's a personality disorder.

I will disagree with that, it may not make it disappear completelly, but just because you have a disorder doesn't mean spiritual scriptures like treating others as superior cannot be applied at least to some degree 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

You're both right. It's, at least in part or in some cases, a personality disorder but it's a disorder you can work on. Sometimes, spiritual food is sufficient but in one case I know, it is actually not sufficient if the person is not supported with psychiatric help and medication. As was stated above, every case is different. I don't think I have a disorder, but  I know I have some problems.

Well in the meantime, two people chose a score of 4-9 on the poll which makes me feel a lot less like a freak. :P

8 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

A Swiss writer recently blamed today’s new life-style, which places so much emphasis on personal freedom, as being responsible for “a noticeable increase in narcissist neuroses and narcissist personality disturbances.”

Opposite can be true when we base out lifestyle on a fine exemplar Jesus Christ ... 

If we live by Phil 2:3 then it is possible to score ZERO in the test.

With utmost certainty, the increase has to do with the Zeitgeist. I'm not sure if it can be said zero score is necessarily the ideal score. If I recall there are questions that do not necessarily have to do with your personal subjective view of yourself, for example whether you rely on other people or rarely do so, are embarassed by compliments, or people with entertainer qualities. Jehovah made us with different character archetypes that are not necessarily negative. You can be a fun, quirky guy (center of attention) and still be humble.

By the way, this piece is also worth a short read, 10 signs that you might be a narcissist.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20981393,00.html

Some of the "signs" mentioned are actually pretty scary, like detesting waiting in line, boundless ambition, and never being the one to blame ("I only said that because you got on my nerves with your nagging..." - not being able to apologize). It's interesting some of the things in the list are unthinkable to me but some other things are totally part of my personality, like I am a bit too much of a competitive person.

I think you can tell I also like looking at myself in the mirror in a symbolic way :D

10 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

O.K.

This ^^^^ is how I feel about this..

I got a 2...I felt that some of the questions are structured oddly, neither answer felt correct,  I just went with the one that was less wrong..

I think we know what the right answers should be from a spiritual point of view. So just by remembering how we should behave and regard ourself would allow us to get very low scores. We know what it means to be humble and modest. We want to follow Jesus by serving others. We don't try to be leaders. Instead we try to be servants. 

So while answering the questions of the test it could be quite easy to pin point the right answers to be the opposite of a narcisist. 

But it can be little bit confusing at the same time, because even when I know the right answers I wonder I am really living up to that reflecting the low scores in the test? 

6 hours ago, John said:

I think we know what the right answers should be from a spiritual point of view. So just by remembering how we should behave and regard ourself would allow us to get very low scores. We know what it means to be humble and modest. We want to follow Jesus by serving others. We don't try to be leaders. Instead we try to be servants. 

So while answering the questions of the test it could be quite easy to pin point the right answers to be the opposite of a narcisist. 

But it can be little bit confusing at the same time, because even when I know the right answers I wonder I am really living up to that reflecting the low scores in the test? 

Which brings us to one of the problems with Christians taking this test, possibly some were influenced by what they "knew is right" which is besides the point, but in any case, everything was projected onto the truth which is also not the point. For example, we try to be servants, yes, in the truth. What about at work? Some brothers have middle management or team leader positions. That is by definition, leadership. When you are part of a field service group and are the only one who steps forward to do the organizational aspect of who goes with who in what street at what point simply because everybody else like to give up that responsibility to somebody else, you are leading the group, even if you are serving Jehovah.

Ok Ruben,

For me personally there was just not enough variants to answer correctly - simple as that (without going to spiritual aspect as mentioned above)

Can I ask you if you like ORANGE as a colour ?

If yes which variation of orange appeals to you most ? (There is more then 40 to choose from) 

Are you getting my point?

2 answers as presented in the test a simply not enough to determine correct answer. (That's how I feel)

On 2/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, ChocoBro said:

Or

I got 2.  One of those points was probably the one about compliments.  In the past, I was embarrassed when I was complimented.  I might be embarrassed today if I was complimented and felt that I did not deserve the compliment.

On 2/11/2017 at 4:08 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

O.K.

Actually yes if you have narcissistic personality disorder and no if you don't.... My father had NPD and would have rated off the chart  on this test, having no problem answering the questions.  If you have a normal amount of self esteem then you are looking for answers in the gray area which is good.  I (unfortunately) have done a lot of research on the subject.  It is a bad, hurtful disorder.  If you feel you may have been raised by a truly narcissistic parent (either Father or Mother) I would suggest reading the book "Children of the Self Absorbed" You can read a chapter free on Amazon.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".