JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1552 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just now, Vincent said:

The world is hearing very quickly about the ban. Just doing a search with a   filter  for  the last two hours shows many of the major online news outlets are posting it.

The same is happening in all the online media here in Brazil.

Russia's Supreme Court bans the Jehovah's Witnesses religious group as extremist, orders its property seized (ABC) http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/russias-supreme-court-bans-jehovahs-witnesses-religious-group-46912670

Johan

Russia Bans Jehovah’s Witnesses (The Daily Beast) http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/04/20/russia-bans-jehovah-s-witnesses.html

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Could someone explain to me what legal ramifications did the judge cite for upholding this call to liquidate the Russian administrative center of Jehovah's Witnesses?

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

2 minutes ago, Nnaemeka said:

Could someone explain to me what legal ramifications did the judge cite for upholding this call to liquidate the Russian administrative center of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Russia has a law against "extremism" on the books that they purposely "rewrote" so that they could use it in the vaguest of instances to accuse someone if the end suits them.  Since Jehovah's Witnesses were legally registered in Russia in 1998, Putin (along with the Russian Orthodox church) has been trying to get rid of them.  They say our publications are a threat to public safety because we will not take up arms (join the army) or vote and this is a threat to the entire country.  They are afraid of what will happen if our way of thinking catches on because no matter what they do to us, we will not give up our faith, we continue to worship Jehovah - they can't control us and they don't like that.  So they are using this law to take away all properties and label all JW's as extremists (they are now on the same list as suspected ISIS members and Nazi sympathizers).  Putin wants to make the Russian Orhodox Church the only religion of Russia basically.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

33 minutes ago, Massimo_IT said:
  • Isa 28:21
  • For Jehovah will rise up as at Mount Pe·raʹzim; He will rouse himself as in the valley near Gibʹe·on, That he may do his deed—his strange deed— And that he may carry out his work—his unusual work

The next verse goes on to say:    "Now, do not scoff, so that your bonds may not be further tightened, For I have heard from the Sovereign Lord Jehovah of armies, That an extermination has been determined for all the land.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Things are moving so fast it is hard to keep up. https://www.jw-russia.org/

The Supreme Court decided to liquidate the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are preparing an appeal

April 20, 2017
img_2800-1_1.jpg?itok=c_h6k7A3

Date April 20, 2017 has a chance to go down in history as a black day for the fundamental freedoms in Russia. Today, the Supreme Court decided to liquidate the centralized religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, as well as all 395 local religious organizations of the religion. From a historical perspective, this decision may lead to very dire consequences for the faithful of different religions, as well as for Russia's image in the world arena. Save the situation can be the cancellation of the decision on appeal - board consisting of three Supreme Court judges.

Believers have already begun to prepare an appeal, which must be considered within a month.

Meanwhile, concerns about the actions of the Ministry of Justice, as well as the decision of the Court of First Instance expressed a number of organizations, both within Russia and abroad. "This lawsuit is a threat not only for Jehovah's Witnesses, but for the freedom of the individual as a whole in the Russian Federation, -  stated  are special e Rapporteur operating under mandate from the UN Human Rights Council cheloveka.- We call on the authorities, in accordance with their obligations under international law of human rights, stop the trial and review the legislation on the fight against extremism and practice of its application. "

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Another way to see this is , until the initial ban was lifted in the 1990's, we didn't know  how many faithful ones were in Russia. So for the short period of time that the door was open, our faithful brothers and sisters prospered in the harvest work. For so many years we were not told so that they were protected and now we know that some 175,000  have come out of Russia. How happy Jehovah and Jesus are. Well done. As an earlier post mentioned, may their good example strengthen us to persevere and endure.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Some Swedish media on the subject:

Ryssland förbjuder Jehovas vittnen (SVT) https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/ryssland-bannlyser-jehovas-vittnen

Jehovas vittnen förbjuds i Ryssland (Sydsvenskan) http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-04-20/jehovas-vittnen-forbjuds-i-ryssland#&gid=1&pid=1

Ryssland förbjuder Jehovas vittnen (GP) http://www.gp.se/nyheter/världen/ryssland-förbjuder-jehovas-vittnen-1.4244779

Ryssland förbjuder Jehovas vittnen (DN) http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/ryssland-forbjuder-jehovas-vittnen/

Jehovas vittnen förbjuds i Ryssland (NSD) http://www.nsd.se/nyheter/jehovas-vittnen-forbjuds-i-ryssland-nm4524986.aspx

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

To follow Christ is now illegal in Russia. The government has given their verdict. Surely it has been played out as at Acts 26:26: ‘this thing has not been done in a corner.’ It has been played out so that all know and can take a stand.

It is Jesus at John 15:20: ‘Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you.”

It is the Acts 28:22 words applied to first century Christians: ‘truly as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.’

Who else, other than Jehovah’s Witnesses, could these words conceivably apply to today?

Edited by TrueTomHarley

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

17 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I must admit I shed a few tears, not from anguish but because I hate, hate HATE  injustice.  Even as a child I remember thinking about others that had less than I did and thinking it wasn' t fair.  We've all followed the so-called evidence in this case and again and again the MoJustice (Justice?) said he had no facts and no evidence.  The decision was political because one cannot have a case without evidence.  So I was for a few moments so hurt by the injustice and thinking of the very real consequences for our Russian brothers and sisters.  

And then I remembered Hezekiah. His hands shaking as he laid Sennacharib's letter challenging Jehovah at the temple.  That it is Jehovah's name that is being challenged.  That the friends in Russsia have only been doing what Jesus commanded.  Jehovah will take all this very personally... we just don't know the bigger picture but no need to cry. No need to fear. No need to be surprised.  Hezekiah's angel is still loyal at Jesus' side, along with the myriads of others.  

We just have to expect the unexpected. Jehovah will save, and he will DO IT WITH STYLE!

I was reading yesterday about all of the illegal methods and procedures from Jesus' arrest until his execution. All 4 gospel accounts give us a very detailed report of the injustice he went through in his final hours on earth. Those details help to establish his innocence and remove any reproach to Jehovah's name. When you read how many laws the religious leaders broke to have Jesus put to death it makes you sick. Jesus' trial and execution was the greatest injustice in the world, but this one most certainly comes in second!

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Interesting, The Daily Beast was featuring our story an hour ago and it has now disappeared.

Here it is an hour ago:  http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/04/20/russia-bans-jehovah-s-witnesses.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

12 minutes ago, Iron Stylus said:

I was reading yesterday about all of the illegal methods and procedures from Jesus' arrest until his execution. All 4 gospel accounts give us a very detailed report of the injustice he went through in his final hours on earth. Those details help to establish his innocence and remove any reproach to Jehovah's name. When you read how many laws the religious leaders broke to have Jesus put to death it makes you sick. Jesus' trial and execution was the greatest injustice in the world, but this one most certainly comes in second!

I vote what has happened to our brothers in Eritrea as second and this as third! 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I really feel that the world is heading into the G.T.   On another post in here, I heard N.K., for the very first time ever mention Peace & Security.   It was said by a spokes person representing NK at the UN.   I found it on CNN news the other day.     The way things are moving ahead, perhaps its closer then we imagine.     No one wants a Nuclear Thermo War on this planet.    Today I heard that Russia and China are moving missals and soldiers to the NK border to stop any influx of N Korean people of crowding in their country if there is a war.   Is this part of Daniel's prophecy, all the ships and movement?  Maybe?  Maybe not.   That coalition will move at Armagadden for sure.    Daniel chapter 8 is interesting.   Daniel's prophecy at chapter 8 verses 23 - 25.   Has this happened yet?  If not, could it happen down the road?    Yes, am sadden by the actions of the Russian Court, but maybe Putin and his Justice Minister threaten the lives of the Judges families.   We all know that a drop of a pin, Putin has had people murdered in broad daylight.  So this wouldn't surprise me any.  In the news again, another person (Russia) who didn't go by Putin's will/policies got knocked off.     I feel that soon, we here and all around the world, our tests will begin.   Am sitting here thinking, Jehovah, whether I live or die, I will never give you up.    Soon, people who read this, will remark and smirk at all of us.  They think they have the victory.  Really? 

The object was to win.

But the overall object was to ensure that, regardless of the outcome, everyone would know. It was that every deed that men would try to hide would be brought out into the light. That object has been accomplished. 

Our brothers in Russia will know they have prompted countless visits to jw. org from persons curious to see if it is truly extremist. Of course, they will see that it is not. Everyone knows what extremism is.  

Jehovah's name has been declared and made just as visible as could be, thanks to the Governing Body and the faithful course of our brothers in Russia. The rulers there have also come to know of a nation in which every citizen cares deeply for every other citizen, something they have never seen before. 

Eventually, it will all go against us in this system of things. When Jesus was hauled before Pilate, he didn't sweet-talk his way out of it, did he? Let people align themselves for the upcoming separation of the sheep from the goats.

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

Jehovah has everything under control. 

I feel so sorry for the brothers in Russia now, but Jehovah will take care of them and maybe this will lead to something bigger that we just dont understand yet.

During the meeting this evening we saw the video about our brother who wrote a song in a concentration camp and how the witnesses was strenghtened by it. We talked about how the songs we have can be beneficial for us when we face challenges now, and more so for the upcoming challenges that we will face. 

I also feel that soon the tests will begin all around the world. But with Jehovahs help nothing is impossible!

Russia’s Supreme Court Rules Against Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW.org) https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/russian-supreme-court-rules-against-jehovahs-witnesses/

On April 20, 2017, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation ruled against Jehovah’s Witnesses, upholding the claim submitted by the Ministry of Justice to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Witnesses plan to appeal this decision.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”