JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Not saying that everyone can do this as this was a direction from the Society and read last night at our mtg: we also can write to the Russian embassy here in Ontario, Canada.
Perhaps check with your elders before doing the same as it might be just an Ontario and/or Canada thing.

Just sent my letter to the embassy this am.

15 hours ago, Victoria said:

2 more videos in English

Another video in English..

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17033111-123.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

And the beat goes on...

Yesterday at a thrift store, I ran into a sister at the checkout, and after expressing our happiness at seeing each other again, we talked about, yep, Russia.

Now we're in the main lobby still talking, and a "woman" saw us, and asked "are you one of Jehovah's witnesses"? I said yes, and pointed to the sister I was with too because she had pants on (out of uniform is what I call it when we're not dressed for service), and this "woman" was a sister too. Wow! So now the three of us are talking excitedly about Jehovah and the Russian situation, even kinda in the way of other people getting off the elevator, lol. But wait. There's more.

I look away for a moment, and saw another "woman" on line watching us. She greeted us, we greeted her, said "hi sis!" Well this "woman" turned out to be studying! OMG! So now all four of us are talking, which of course caused others to look.

Well the sister who asked if we're witnesses had to leave, the original sister and I began leaving, but not before stopping to encourage the one studying to continue studying. She asked if she too can write letters, and I told her she can.

I tell you. This is sooo exciting!!!!!!!!!

It's interesting that some of the articles I've read on the crackdown of Witnesses in Russia refer to other Christian denominations in Russia (Protestant and Lutheran mostly) and how they aren't lifting a finger to help or register a complaint about what is happening to the Witnesses.  Most articles also acknowledge what a mistake this is because if they sit silently and allow this it happen to one Christian denomination, it will surely happen to all the rest (except the Russian Orthodox) - they need to brace for a wave of repression that will surely follow if the government label the Witnesses as "extremist".  They don't seem to realize they are next in line after the Witnesses to be accused of being "extremist" in an effort to remove all other religions except Russian Orthodox from the country.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

21 hours ago, MentalProject said:

I overheard someone saying at the meeting today that someone they know who knows someone to do with the postal sorting centre in Moscow told them that they have storage rooms in the sorting centre that are full of our letters and that letters just keep on coming in and they don't know even where to begin with regards to dealing with all of our letters. 

The tsunami wave effect of our letters has just overwhelmed the postal service there apparently. 

Any more a bit more first hand and detailed information would be appreciated by us all though.

I imagine the postal service is obligated by law to deliver each and every piece of mail, that is stamped and postmarked, to the intended addressee or his legally appointed recipient. At least that is how it is here in the U.S., as I understand it. Whether the recipient reads each one, is another story. 

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

I strongly doubt the intended officials actually read their mail. They have someone to do that, and I think that if the particular "mail reader" thinks that it's worth the official's attention, it'll be forwarded to him.

But either way, the officials will know, or actually do know. At least the "mail reader" will definitely know the letter's contents, and who knows what will be told to the officials. I imagine they're something like the cup bearers in Bible times.

Edited by Luezette

Keep in mind, just 11 days left for the Memorial invitation campaign   ...   

Hurry, hurry, hurry, less than 24 hours to wrap this up   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/global-letter-writing-campaign-russian-officials/

• Personal letters should be mailed no later than April 1, 2017. 

Edited by timpin

20 minutes ago, timpin said:

Keep in mind, just 11 days left for the Memorial invitation campaign   ...   

Hurry, hurry, hurry, less than 24 hours to wrap this up   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/global-letter-writing-campaign-russian-officials/

• Personal letters should be mailed no later than April 1, 2017. 

Australia is already locked out.. 1 of April here...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Russian scholar supports Jehovah's Witnesses

""I think, of course, that Witnesses are persecuted for only one reason—that working in accordance with the principle "from man to man," they constitute serious competition for the Russian Orthodox Church in a number of regions."

https://crest9janews.blogspot.ug/2017/03/russian-scholar-supports-jehovahs.html?m=0

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Cheeks said:

Not saying that everyone can do this as this was a direction from the Society and read last night at our mtg: we also can write to the Russian embassy here in Ontario, Canada.
Perhaps check with your elders before doing the same as it might be just an Ontario and/or Canada thing.

Just sent my letter to the embassy this am. emoji4.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine that perhaps they wouldn't want to flood the embassy with letters, but some letters would be welcome.

14 hours ago, shali said:

It's interesting that some of the articles I've read on the crackdown of Witnesses in Russia refer to other Christian denominations in Russia (Protestant and Lutheran mostly) and how they aren't lifting a finger to help or register a complaint about what is happening to the Witnesses.  Most articles also acknowledge what a mistake this is because if they sit silently and allow this it happen to one Christian denomination, it will surely happen to all the rest (except the Russian Orthodox) - they need to brace for a wave of repression that will surely follow if the government label the Witnesses as "extremist".  They don't seem to realize they are next in line after the Witnesses to be accused of being "extremist" in an effort to remove all other religions except Russian Orthodox from the country.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect members of Christendom to try to help us.

6 hours ago, Bjern said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine that perhaps they wouldn't want to flood the embassy with letters,

Why not? :confused:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 26/03/2017 at 3:52 PM, Adelin said:

and this is why the letters still matter even if they are late

Jehovah's Witnesses foresee appealing Supreme Court's decision

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170324a.html

If the expected Supreme Court decision (in favour of Ban) is challenged by an appeal to the Presidium (the only higher court to the Supreme court), this would add a lengthy delay to the final outcome. The end is not yet, maybe.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine that perhaps they wouldn't want to flood the embassy with letters, but some letters would be welcome.

Nothing was said about that. I think it pertained to the fact that our letters from Canada had to be in the mail by this past Monday in order to get to Russia by the deadline. If we couldn't get them mailed by then we could send to the Embsassy as an alternative.

1 hour ago, Zebra555 said:

I don't think that we would support  B the G and start writing letters of support for them, would we?

1 hour ago, Zebra555 said:

I don't think that we would support  B the G and start writing letters of support for them, would we?

They are! I saw a news clip of a Russian laywer protesting the ban in Russia! 

A lot of worldly people are against the ban.

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: