JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A petition about Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2576 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I obviously don't know but there is  possibility that this was started by a brother.   I hope it wasn't.  And I hope all the people signing it are just people who love us and want to support us but are not us. :whistling:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/919/099/490/act-now-for-religious-freedom-for-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia/

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I don't know. He says he's a "religious scholar".  (?????) Don't know if the last brain cell (and its defective) :D is working right but he could just be someone whose worried about religious freedoms being taken away. 

Just a thought.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Doubt very much it's a Witness. Click on Firpo C and it takes you to another site that does not indicate true organisational thinking. But  Russian citizens are being arrested/have been arrested for picketing in Russia. Heard it on the radio news this afternoon. So ..... "take your positions, stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah"!

We got our instructions from the Slave, no need to be on another unauthorized site.   There are some people out there who know this is criminally wrong, and there are nuts out there that may write the opposite of what the Slave wants us to do.   But no matter, Jehovah really knows who his people are and who sent the letters.     Now we will wait on Jehovah, and see what the outcome will be for our brothers and sisters in Russia.    Putin is the Czar of all Russia, if you get in his way, you may be assassinated in broad daylight.  That's what the old time Czars had their secret police force do.   Once they nabbed someone, they just disappeared.   The next morning, if it was winter time, you would see a ice block bobbing up and down on the River with a person in it frozen and shot dead.   In Summer, they would come by with carts and go out to a remote area and burn the bodies.     Occasionally, they would have a gathering at some public place, and the crowds would gather to watch public hangings.  One of those hangings was Lenin's brother.  Lenin was still young but he remembered what Czar Alexander III, did to his oldest brother.  So today, the world has Czar Putin and his secret hit squads.   Does not surprise me one bit. 

18 hours ago, GordonP said:

Doubt very much it's a Witness. Click on Firpo C and it takes you to another site that does not indicate true organisational thinking. But  Russian citizens are being arrested/have been arrested for picketing in Russia. Heard it on the radio news this afternoon. So ..... "take your positions, stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah"!

Firpo Carr used to be a brother who wrote some books about our teachings. I don't know his current status though.

I can't get my head around all the details or names but I think Firpo Carr was one of or maybe the first scholar outside of Russia to examine the sister codex of the vat 1209.  Name of 4th century codex escapes me.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I heard there is a couple of pictures floating out there of Bags of mail on their way to Russia.   I hope I don't get that picture, I don't want to see it.  I never read or heard on JW.ORG instructions from F&DS to take pictures and post them anywhere, not even on JW. Broadcasting.   I also heard some comments that drew in some of our brothers and sisters, that we are political.    Some said they have gotten pictures and have been in arguments with people on Facebook.  I thought Facebook could be made private with only people you know for sure.   Am I wrong?  I don't really know because I don't have Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, Weibo accounts.  

The governing body has given us instructions and they made no mention of refraining from publicising the letter campaign. In fact the letter campaign is meant to draw attentions to the issues regarding our brothers and sisters in Russia. Respectfully we can publicise, publicise, publicise this campaign. This is the whole point of it. Yes we don't want to get political about it but taking pictures of our letters and our letter writing groups, there is nothing wrong with that, as long as they are genuine and respectful.

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Thank you for your candid answer.   I was worried about reproach on Jehovah's name.   A sister this evening called me and advised me that on her Facebook page, family members that are not in the truth (not her's) but a friend, another sister told her that she had a bad argument with them about JW'S involvement with the Russian government, just like the President in D.C.     Wow, brother, I wonder how this is going to blow up, hope it is for the betterment of our brothers and sisters in Russia, I trust Jehovah will be the one in control as he is now.    Let's imagine not just our letters, but letters from various people from all over the world, imagine the court room over there filling up to the ceiling! LOL  or In Putin's office, the staff can't carry, its shipped by trucks and or tanks! LOL  ....  Just 1 week from today Wednesday March 29th,  to April 5th.   I just keep praying that the Kingdom is close at hand!    Thank you giving me some advice.