JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite JW Broadcasting Songs

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1696 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have an very old smartphone that I sometimes have trouble downloading mp3's on from jw.org and JWB. (I don't have this problem on my tablet, just my phone.)  That said, may I please have the original songs below downloaded here in the "download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media" format?  (It seems to work for me in this way.)

- Never Alone 

- Mai Solo

- Inspired by Your Wonders

- Important Things

- Confident in You

- I'm Making a Change 

I can't walk about with my tablet while running errands, so having these on my phone will do the trick. I would greatly appreciate any help from someone in this regard.  :)

If it's too many, then the top 3 (my favorites) will suffice.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I like "never alone" because it drives home the point, to me about forgiveness, well the video does at least.

This is my favorite tho: Inspired by Your Wonders

I sing oh Jah

Jehovah my God

The work of your hand fills us with awe

I stare at the stars

wondering how you care who we are

I see you wonders and I sing to you

Gives me goosebumps

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODOriginalSongs/pub-osg_43_VI

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Qapla said:

We no longer play the videos. We were instructed to use the music for singing without the lyrics

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, Thesauron said:

Who gave those instructions?

Johan

Part of a letter: Re: Music at Theocratic Events

Bodies of elders should make arrangements to play Kingdom songs over the sound system
before and after congregation meetings. Such music should not be allowed to drown out or overshadow
the interchange of encouragement that comes from Christian association and theocratic
conversation.
The situation is different at assemblies and conventions. Prerecorded musical preludes are provided for use at the start of each session. 

Part of a letter: Re: Music at Theocratic Events

Bodies of elders should make arrangements to play Kingdom songs over the sound system
before and after congregation meetings. Such music should not be allowed to drown out or overshadow
the interchange of encouragement that comes from Christian association and theocratic
conversation.
The situation is different at assemblies and conventions. Prerecorded musical preludes are provided for use at the start of each session. 

Do we have any music that automatically does that? Isn’t that more a question of volume?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

43 minutes ago, Hope said:

I think that if videos or songs with lyrics were used, people might be more inclined to pay attention to the music than making conversation.  At least, I would 🎤🎼🎶🎶🎶

You and me both, Hope.

Once during KH cleaning and gardening, they played all original songs. I was pretty distracted, I must admit.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have to say this. And as a married man, I get to say it.

The song "Truly in love" is so sexy!

There. I've said it!

Particularly lovely to watch in Sign Language. A six-fold chord!

Also, lovely to dress up in 70'ies bell-bottom fashion and lip-sync the song for a wedding skit

0a7fef0d72c010aeaa3fcc0109c1f037.jpg

😀🤣

1 minute ago, ChocoBro said:

Okay, I have to say this. And as a married man, I get to say it.

The song "Truly in love" is so sexy!

There. I've said it!

Particularly lovely to watch in Sign Language. A six-fold chord!

Also, lovely to dress up in 70'ies bell-bottom fashion and lip-sync the song for a wedding skit

0a7fef0d72c010aeaa3fcc0109c1f037.jpg

😀🤣

"So sexy"... which is why I skip it every time it comes on my player... 😕

But why 70s outfits?  That's a straight late 80s/90s R&B groove.  😉 

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

But why 70s outfits?  That's a straight late 80s/90s R&B groove.  😉 

I don't know these things I'm raised in a country with brass band marching music played to the rythmical drinking of large quantities of beer in glass mugs.

Definitely my favorite song though. It would have been the absolute favorite of my first "spiritual dad" as you say.. but he passed away a few months before it was released from cancer. He really really loved his wife, too...

• 9 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 4:05 AM, Omoyeme said:

Uh!..well... do you all mind if I tweak my previous post just "a little bit"? :blushing:

July's 2018 Broadcast has genuinely reasonated with me and I can honestly say that "Never Alone" has brought me to tears more than I care to admit. (My goal is to commit the lyrics to memory by the end of this month.) That said, I equally cherish these two beautiful original songs and they remain my top two favorites. (until 2019.)

Oh my, is it 2019 already?! Time, indeed does fly!  Many more wonderful songs have been released so here is my Top Ten list of favorite JWB songs:

• Your Word Endures Forever (Always #1) :)
  • With Jehovah We Are One
  • Brotherly Love
  • Imagine the Time
  • Just Around the Corner
  • I Give You My Best
  • Never Give Up
  • Mai Solo
  • We Marvel at Your Work
  • Inspired By Your Wonders

Honorable mentions:

• Give Me Courage
  • 2019 RC closing song (no spoiler)