JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite JW Broadcasting Songs

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1696 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My favourite is Imagine The Time. Every time my dear wife struggles in pain to walk with her stick; every time I help her into her wheelchair; every time I see her swollen painful legs; every time I see her strength and fortitude and reliance on Jehovah to do her bit in the field service; I let the words of this song run through my mind and I can see her dancing painfree at last:

Imagine the time when there's no more pain,
When life's so good and we are young again.
Imagine the time when we're dancing out the door,
Every day is better than before.

5 hours ago, DavidMc said:

My favourite is Imagine The Time. Every time my dear wife struggles in pain to walk with her stick; every time I help her into her wheelchair; every time I see her swollen painful legs; every time I see her strength and fortitude and reliance on Jehovah to do her bit in the field service; I let the words of this song run through my mind and I can see her dancing painfree at last:

Imagine the time when there's no more pain,
When life's so good and we are young again.
Imagine the time when we're dancing out the door,
Every day is better than before.

It's a little bit off topic, but the melody of this song is from movie "These Words Must Be on Your Heart". Am I right?

1 hour ago, Intercore said:

It's a little bit off topic, but the melody of this song is from movie "These Words Must Be on Your Heart". Am I right?

No.^_^. It is a JW Broadcast Original song.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On my way home from the meeting, Our Thanks Go to You started playing. Just listen to the words:

When I cannot find
Any peace of mind,
You will listen.
My thanks go to you.

When troubles arise
Whatever the size,
For your answers,
Our thanks go to you.

We need not be anxious over anything.
You'll guard our hearts and our thoughts
If we continue having trust in you to
Give us peace of mind
When life is unkind.
For our welfare,
Our thanks go to you.

All the loyal find you loyal too.
For your care, all our thanks go to you.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMusicVideos/pub-jwbon_201608_1_VIDEO

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

10 hours ago, Intercore said:

Choices is the song that used for the movie, I thought its Prodigal Son brother Irmantas :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

What did you think about the original songs composed by Gilead graduates and performed at the graduation?

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Really! Why I always thought it was from movie "These Words..."... :wacko: You're right, it's from movie about prodigal son!

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/these-words/family-worship/ :) Im sorry brother Irmantas its from these words... I mean to thought about it from prodigal son not until the march workbook of interviews... :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 2 months later...

We no longer play the videos. We were instructed to use the music for singing without the lyrics

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We no longer play the videos. We were instructed to use the music for singing without the lyrics

Who gave those instructions?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

They were  me by the Elder over the Sound/Video. I did not ask where he got them

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 7 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 4:58 PM, Omoyeme said:

Honestly, I do not think I will share the same sentiment towards any future JWB song.

It's January 2018.  We've had a plethora of new/lovely JWB original songs released since January 2017.  But "Your Word Endures Forever" STILL remains my favorite!  :) :heart:

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 2:21 PM, Hope said:

My favorites are:  "Our Thanks Go to You"

"Step on Over "

"Just Around the Corner"

I'd LOVE more diversity in the songs, tho. There is an entire planet's worth of popular-style music... I enjoy our tunes but they're starting to sound a bit the same (sorry).

Surely there could be music that reflects Asian, African, Middle Eastern, Latin, Eastern European tastes... not always only Western/ American music?

I'd like to see that happen. :)  I will, however, try some of the tunes in other languages..

Adding:

Imagine the Time, Your Word Endures Forever, Inspired by Your Works(!), Let's Take the Leap, and oh, my goodness... We Are Never Alone (that one is magnificent!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 1:52 PM, Omoyeme said:

It's January 2018.  We've had a plethora of new/lovely JWB original songs released since January 2017.  But "Your Word Endures Forever" STILL remains my favorite!  :) :heart:

Uh!..well... do you all mind if I tweak my previous post just "a little bit"? :blushing:

July's 2018 Broadcast has genuinely reasonated with me and I can honestly say that "Never Alone" has brought me to tears more than I care to admit. (My goal is to commit the lyrics to memory by the end of this month.) That said, I equally cherish these two beautiful original songs and they remain my top two favorites. (until 2019.)

Also, I really enjoy seeing my favorite songs/videos in other languages and this brother signing in the Brazilian sign language at the 26:39 mark is captivating in his facial expressions and overall interpretation! Wow!

On 7/26/2018 at 12:04 AM, Omoyeme said:

For those of you who can appreciate opera, you may want to give a good listen to "Mai Solo".  (è magnifico!)

https://www.jw.org/it/pubblicazioni/musica-cantici/canzoni/mai-solo/

The Italian brother singing this JWB has officially blown my mind!  :heart: :heart:

I was never a big fan of opera... until people like Il Divo and Josh Groban came along! Now I can appreciate that opera singers can... um... sing! Now after listening to this Italian version of the song, I guess you could say my mind is officially blown too! (tu)

WOWbouncing.gif.23b55d5d4cbb4bdf1cdc3a9380e36211.gif

On 7/26/2018 at 7:04 AM, Omoyeme said:

For those of you who can appreciate opera, you may want to give a good listen to "Mai Solo".  (è magnifico!)

https://www.jw.org/it/pubblicazioni/musica-cantici/canzoni/mai-solo/

The Italian brother singing this JWB has officially blown my mind!  :heart: :heart:

This brother has similar timbre with our Lithuanian singer, but... This voice is way more powerful and more vibrating!