JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friends Under Governmental Ban - Incline Your Heart to Discernment

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2527 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thank you so much for posting this Shawn! We need our reminders. I think our dear Friends in Venezuela may need this anonymity as well. Please hear our hearts.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

*** w97 3/15 p. 12 Incline Your Heart to Discernment ***
Discernment and Our Speech

3 Discernment helps us to realize that there is “a time to keep quiet and a time to speak.” (Ecclesiastes 3:7) This quality also makes us careful about what we say. Proverbs 11:12, 13 states: “The one in want of heart has despised his own fellowman, but the man of broad discernment is one that keeps silent. The one walking about as a slanderer is uncovering confidential talk, but the one faithful in spirit is covering over a matter.” Yes, a man or a woman who despises another person is “in want of heart.” According to lexicographer Wilhelm Gesenius, such an individual is “void of understanding.” He or she lacks good judgment, and the use of the term “heart” shows that positive qualities of the inner person are deficient. If a professing Christian should carry his or her loose talk to the point of slander or reviling, appointed elders must act to put an end to this unwholesome situation in the congregation.—Leviticus 19:16; Psalm 101:5; 1 Corinthians 5:11.

In light of the recent developments in Russia and the ban on Jehovah's people, the moderators want to remind all of us, especially our members living under ban, to not share confidential matters.  It really is none of our business how our friends in banned countries are hiding the literature or what methods they are taking to be "cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves." (Mt. 10:16)  Please remember friends that this is a public board, even though we have member's only sections.  While we do screen our members we all have seen how a diligent opposer can slip in among us.

If you are new to living under ban it is advisable you discuss matters with your local elders to understand completely what you should and should not share on social media or any public forum.  Please do not reveal on this board any methods you do not want the police or investigators to learn about you or your methods of finding and sharing spiritual food.

We love you all and continue to pray in your behalf.  Please remember to draw close to Jehovah and his organization.  Look to the proper channel for guidance during these critical times.  May we all be able to serve Jehovah together in complete freedom and peace soon.

this is a very timely reminder Bro shawn.thanks for taking the initiative to bring this to our notice.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Thank you Bro. Shawn for this important reminder, especially needed as we're so deep in the last days.

Side note:  we have one dear brother on this forum who, from time to time, gives us snippets of information from one African nation where our brothers, sisters and their children are unjustly incarcerated under the totalitarian regime of a brutal dictator.  For the safety of our brothers and sisters there, he also is limited to how much information he can post publicly in this forum as he is being "cautious as a serpent yet innocent as a dove".  However, the small bits of information he posts here are truly appreciated as well.  To him I say "thank you."