JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I have an issue with the app on my Note 3 phone I use now as a tablet. I started downloading older  Awakes and the library stopped. I was able to reload, but favorites and recently viewed on the home page were blank. If I tap Publications it crashes. I can access meetings, the Bible, media and even update what's new and download pubs. and media. I added a magazine to favorites, and favorites came back..but after leaving the app and later starting again, my favorites are gone..recently viewed permanently missing..any ideas? I am hoping next playstore update might fix this..:boating:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Have you checked to make sure you have enough memory left on your phone for all the publications you have added?

Also, you may need to clear your cache.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Have you checked to make sure you have enough memory left on your phone for all the publications you have added?

Also, you may need to clear your cache.

Thanks John..yes all is as it should be..10gb free..cache cleared..

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

What version of Android are you using on this device?

5.0..have had no problems until recently when I decided to download some older Awakes..Thankfully, I can do everything except access "Publications".

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

5.0..have had no problems until recently when I decided to download some older Awakes..Thankfully, I can do everything except access "Publications".

Thank you for the info.  I was going to ask you if you had an SD card installed.  But since your problem is with print publications, the card would only involve downloading media such as audio or video files.

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Thank you for the info.  I was going to ask you if you had an SD card installed.  But since your problem is with print publications, the card would only involve downloading media such as audio or video files.

Thanks for taking the time to help me..I remember several on  here in the past had similar issues with favorites and the app crashing when tapping publications. Then there was an update to address that, and it fixed most issues. My experience this time is limited, and I can still use the app. I don't see anywhere to report this so that a further update might address it. Would you report it for me please, Brother Hess?

cat2_e0.gif

It appears that the songbook has gotten an update on JW Library! Whoa!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

6 hours ago, Mickey said:

True. I noticed the update too on my ios. I wonder what the update could be though

Wow! Check out the "more" options..choose different language, media..see option to download the audio and video of that song you selected a different language for! Earphone option!!!💡

cat2_e0.gif

If you haven’t already done so, you can go to the JW Library app and update our songbook. What’s changed? The theme scripture of song 71, “We Are Jehovah’s Army!”

It previously was Joel 2:7, which says in part “They charge like warriors, they scale a wall like soldiers.” In harmony with our old understanding, this was applied to Jehovah’s people being like soldiers in an army.

Now, with our updated understanding, we can’t use that as a theme scripture for a song about theocratic warfare. So it’s now changed to Ephesians 6:11-14 about the suit of armour :) 

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

Wow! Check out the "more" options..choose different language, media..see option to download the audio and video of that song you selected a different language for! Earphone option!!!💡

Apparantly, those options were already there..just didn't see them before!😏

cat2_e0.gif

6 minutes ago, The German said:

JW Library --> Meetings

There is no April Workbook.

So i could not update our Windows system with the April videos in our hall today.

There is no meeting scheduled for first week in April because of the Memorial.

The workbook is available.

Edited by Zebra555

• 1 month later...
Hasn’t iOS had that for a while? Or this also new in iOS are well?

Topics is a great feature that has been around for ios for a while. They’ve fixed some bugs regarding it though.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”