JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Thanks for the 'Like" Hope, proves there is somebody out there!  I was starting to get worried.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Hope said:

Both my Androids - phone & tablet - have all the songs and everything else they're supposed to have.  All systems are "go"! :D 

All is good and well in Oregon.  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

26 minutes ago, Old said:

Ok, just now found an update for Android and did the update. Still have all the new songs.  :) What am I doing right? :(

We're talking about the audio files, not the Songbook files. I still have the files with the words but not the actual music.

37 minutes ago, Old said:

"Curouser and curiouser "

I was just about to say that...

My PC JWL 'New Songs' folder is still MIA, the Android phone and tablet JWL 'New Songs' folder is there but doesn't open...

Off Topic: I wonder if there is anyone named Ann Droid. or Andy Roid..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Still 'curiouser and curiouser', I have audio for the 'New Songs'. They play fine. No problem, but what I discovered is I had downloaded them in Spanish. My wife's ipad  suffers same as those reported here, no New Songs in Audio English version.  :crying:

Edited by Old

5 minutes ago, Musky said:

The new song folder under the meetings tab is present on my Android phone and tablet. It contains songs 136-150

The new song folder under the meetings tab are the words and not the music correct? It's the music we are missing.

The new song folder under the meetings tab are the words and not the music correct? It's the music we are missing.

My mistake. I just saw your earlier post where you said that, sorry. I have the "new songs" tab under audio programs, but it doesn't go anywhere yet.

4 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I have the music and lyrics in my meetings tab songbooks - both of them.

My mistake. I just saw your earlier post where you said that, sorry. I have the "new songs" tab under audio programs, but it doesn't go anywhere yet.

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

I have the music and lyrics in my meetings tab songbooks - both of them.

Do you have them in audio/new songs?

I do in Spanish, but not in English, which is strange because they are orchestra arrangements and no vocal.

Is an orchestra song different in Spanish?t

32 minutes ago, Old said:

Do you have them in audio/new songs?

I do in Spanish, but not in English, which is strange because they are orchestra arrangements and no vocal.

Is an orchestra song different in Spanish?t

Oh -- y'know, I've never looked for them in audio, really; I'll check.  I already have everything downloaded onto my tablet in a separate folder.  I don't really use the JW Library  app for audio or video viewing/downloading.  I like to be able to access them immediately without opening the app.

On 02/06/2016 at 8:53 PM, molnarj said:

Go to the Store and search for Upgrade advisor. Install it. Open the app. The app will check if your Phone is Windows 10 mobile ready. If so, you can upgrade to Windows 10. So far it works fine on my Nokia 735.

Thank you very much. That was the solution.  My CO and his wife are now very happy (although in her phone,  the same as the husband's, she lost all the contacts and I couldn't get back... Configured the email accounts and imported from Sim and nothing...)

But they now have windows 10 :)

On 6/2/2016 at 5:05 PM, Qapla said:

It is highly likely that the next true update will not be until after Win 10 is readily available for most devices.

What leads you to that conclusion?

On 6/3/2016 at 11:34 AM, Tortuga said:

I was just about to say that...

My PC JWL 'New Songs' folder is still MIA, the Android phone and tablet JWL 'New Songs' folder is there but doesn't open...

Off Topic: I wonder if there is anyone named Ann Droid. or Andy Roid..

All of the New Songs have reappeared in my PC JWL 'What's New' section...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

All of the New Songs have reappeared in my PC JWL 'What's New' section...

All of the New Songs have just reappeared on my Android JWL in the What's New section.

I know underlining and notes may come soon, but does anyone know if we might get the "Pinch to Zoom" feature on our JW Library app like on WOL and JW.org has?

I miss not being able to seek out the finer details of our pictures like Equipd has.

Edited by timpin

I use an iPad Mini with JW Library installed. To get a closer look at details in an image I found this work around:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility
Look for the Zoom option and set it ON

To zoom in on an illustration, say in a WTower article, simply tap twice using three fingers. This brings up a movable magnifier. Tap twice with three fingers to make it go away.

Edited by DavidMc

correct a word

46 minutes ago, DavidMc said:

I use an iPad Mini with JW Library installed. To get a closer look at details in an image I found this work around:

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility
Look for the Zoom option and set it ON

To zoom in on an illustration, say in a WTower article, simply tap twice using three fingers. This brings up a movable magnifier. Tap twice with three fingers to make it go away.

Wow! Who would've thought about that... Good job! Thank you.

Works pretty much the same on android.