JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

My apple Ipad Air became unresponsive last week.  My JW Library would open and then close automatically in about 3 seconds.  I could not find a way to get it to work correctly.  I have a 128 GB tablet and 90 GB of Watchtower data on it.  I finally uninstalled and re-installed the Library and lost it all.  We have extremely slow internet.  So I reload what I can  when I can.  At least I am current with my "meetings" button.  It happens some times.  It will take me a while to consider reloading all of that  video.

Just checking to see if doing a backup and restore on iTunes would have restored all your highlighting. Did you try that?

48 minutes ago, Brenda said:

I don't see the Reasoning book in my JWL.  Where is it?  I don't see it under books.

I got the update for the OD book.

Gone! Sorry.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 hours ago, leoperales said:

Just checking to see if doing a backup and restore on iTunes would have restored all your highlighting. Did you try that?

I didn't try a backup.  I am never sure if the problem involves corrupted data.  The fresh reload of the publications was done at the Kingdom Hall which has a fast internet connection (when the router is working).  I have not downloaded all of the videos yet.  I am deciding on resolution quality.  Last time I used 720p but the file size was quite large.  I have tried casting my video from tablet to TV in 360p and it wasn't too bad.

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

I have tried casting my video from tablet to TV in 360p and it wasn't too bad.

I save my videos in 360p and show them on a 42" TV, they look fine to me.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 10 July 2016 at 3:30 PM, Brenda said:

On my mini iPad, I zoom by tapping the picture with 3 fingers...do the same to un-zoom.

Not sure if that has to be enabled in Settings/General/Accessibility. It is handy though.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On July 10, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Brenda said:

On my mini iPad, I zoom by tapping the picture with 3 fingers...do the same to un-zoom.

will we ever be able to pinch to zoom the pictures in the JWLibrary app ?  like WOL & .org - to see all the finer details  

trying this on my iPad and iPhone ...   without success - more detailed help needed please 

2 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Not sure if that has to be enabled in Settings/General/Accessibility. It is handy though.

- more detailed help needed please 

thank you

Edited by timpin

Tim, I responded to you before on this, last time you asked.  Do you have Android or iPad?  In adroid - in "settings" there is an "accessibility" tab.  Click on that.  Then scroll down till you come to "magnifier" options.  If you turn them on, then you will be able to zoom in on anything by either tapping your screen 3 times fast or doing the "pinch".   Look for the same kind of thing in your settings on iPad, if that is what you have.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

10 hours ago, shali said:

Tim, I responded to you before on this, last time you asked.  Do you have Android or iPad?  In adroid - in "settings" there is an "accessibility" tab.  Click on that.  Then scroll down till you come to "magnifier" options.  If you turn them on, then you will be able to zoom in on anything by either tapping your screen 3 times fast or doing the "pinch".   Look for the same kind of thing in your settings on iPad, if that is what you have.

iPad & iPhone - was not able to find magnifier option after scrolling down in the accessibility tab - was hoping Brenda could offer further help finding this feature also   ...   thank you.

This week in our Christian life is examining the topic Could You Try It for One Year? Among one of the many blessings is mentioned :

- Attend the [ ... ] Pioneer Service School .

I am excited to announce that the study book School Pioneer Service is now available for JW Library app.

The book can only get those who have been invited to this school , and they can be obtained through the Circuit Overseer , who will give the book in jwpub format among instructions for installation.

So, are you encouraged to be a regular pioneer ?

IMG-20160714-WA0011.jpg.jpeg

On 7/12/2016 at 6:18 AM, timpin said:

iPad & iPhone - was not able to find magnifier option after scrolling down in the accessibility tab - was hoping Brenda could offer further help finding this feature also   ...   thank you.

Tim,      Jay and Brigitte...showed you what I did.  Someone told me...I would have never figured it out.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

On July 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM, timpin said:

will we ever be able to pinch to zoom the pictures in the JWLibrary app ?  like WOL & .org - to see all the finer details  

trying this on my iPad and iPhone ...   without success - more detailed help needed please 

- more detailed help needed please 

thank you

On July 11, 2016 at 7:28 PM, shali said:

18 hours ago, Brenda said:

Tim,      Jay and Brigitte...showed you what I did.  Someone told me...I would have never figured it out.

Thanks gang - magnifier is just ok   ...   I was hoping for the ENTIRE picture to be enlarged (not just a section) I got used to the click and enlarge Entire picture like Equipd, WOL and .org   ... appreciate your help.

On 7/14/2016 at 4:21 PM, Adam said:

This week in our Christian life is examining the topic Could You Try It for One Year? Among one of the many blessings is mentioned :

- Attend the [ ... ] Pioneer Service School .

I am excited to announce that the study book School Pioneer Service is now available for JW Library app.

The book can only get those who have been invited to this school , and they can be obtained through the Circuit Overseer , who will give the book in jwpub format among instructions for installation.

So, are you encouraged to be a regular pioneer ?

IMG-20160714-WA0011.jpg.jpeg

I received my pioneer book in EPUB and JWPUB format as well. Can you PM me and walk me through on how to download it on Android? I can't seem to download it. I had no problems on my iPad, though.

P.S. I also go to a Spanish cong.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would download the ministry videos onto my tablet in various languages to make the most of the available space.

What is the difference between "Spanish" and "Spanish (Spain)”?

Also "Portuguese" and "Portuguese (Portugal)”?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

3 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

I thought I would download the ministry videos onto my tablet in various languages to make the most of the available space.

What is the difference between "Spanish" and "Spanish (Spain)”?

Also "Portuguese" and "Portuguese (Portugal)”?

1 hour ago, dvds said:

The difference between both portuguese is the words meaning (not every word) and pronunciation. In Brasil sometimes listen to a Portuguese (Portugal) speaker may be very hard to undestand.

And the difference between both spanish is sometimes the grammar, and the use of some words. You could hear the difference in the Why Study The Bible video.

English language has some of the same problems. People from Boston drive a caw, we drive a car. People from the south have different ways of saying things too. And then there is British English, won't even go there. Ya gotta love variety.  :D

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 minutes ago, rocket said:

English language has some of the same problems. People from Boston drive a caw, we drive a car. People from the south have different ways of saying things too. And then there is British English, won't even go there. Ya gotta love variety.  :D

All'yall better gets use to it...:raspberry:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

31 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Richard, I didn't know you were from Texas also!!! :cowboy:

I'm multilingual. I still speak a little Southern California too, dude...