JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Downloading seems to be my only option.  I can't stream any audio .. or anything else in JW Library.  I have the option of both on the website but I download everything regardless. It was great when I was in England and having to drive for hours. I just plugged my tablet into aux in the car and off I went. A spiritual feast to go. :thumbsup:

You can stream the recorded songbook videos, both adult and children's chorus, and the audio recordings for the orchestra, piano and chorus, if you select the, from within the songbook. You can also stream the publications. Make sure to select stream over cellular in the settings when you do not have access to wifi.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

By default the audio is streaming. On iOS you can go to Settings > JW Library to decide if you want it to stream over cellular too.

I think streaming is the only option at the moment because we can't, yet, download the audio. I think that option will be enabled, on the server side, after the AM.

Sadly, I think this means we won't see the ability to add notes to our highlights anytime soon. I could be wrong, but why release an update the day before the AM, if they plan on releasing additional features in the days after the AM? Wouldn't they wait and release it all in one update?

That doesn't mean it couldn't come at the end of the year, or even at the end of the month. I guess we'll know in the next 48 hours. :)

I think streaming is the only option at the moment because we can't, yet, download the audio. I think that option will be enabled, on the server side, after the AM.

Sadly, I think this means we won't see the ability to add notes to our highlights anytime soon. I could be wrong, but why release an update the day before the AM, if they plan on releasing additional features in the days after the AM? Wouldn't they wait and release it all in one update?

That doesn't mean it couldn't come at the end of the year, or even at the end of the month. I guess we'll know in the next 48 hours.

I just responded to this same post above.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

56 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I'm sure I can't be the only one who has heard why we don't have notes yet!!!

I haven't heard anything. Can you share?

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

I just responded to this same post above. emoji23.png

I don't know why that posted twice. 

2 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Coming Soon
Ability to highlight text in the study pane
Support for The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures-Study Edition
Ability to make notes as you study

That information is there for almost a year  ;) 

They did say last year, on the AM that those features are a difficult task. That's why I think and said it before that the app would be completely reformulated on the inside. 

Did you noticed how the version number jumped from 1.7 to 8.1? That means a lot of changes on the code even if they didn't release anything new in-between.

The pre-release on iOS and windows could just mean that they wanted feedback on some features before releasing to Android (the most scattered system)

I'm confident that a new, completely revamped app, with notes, will be announced this AM and available on all systems :)  

36 minutes ago, niall said:

What kind of tablet are you using?

We can download other stuff, like videos, songs, and dramatic Bible readings. The streaming only option, at the moment, is restricted to the Bible and Books.

Do your georestrictions have anything to do with your trip? Do you need to log into the Australian store, or disable roaming? 

I have a Samsung Tab 8 with whatever the latest sweet Android is using, an older galaxy Note 10.1 and Samsung S5 phone with the latest update.  I have JW library on them all. :uhhuh: but no streaming option for anything on JWL for anything.

I don't use international roaming when overseas, I just buy a sim for my phone to use while I'm there.

I don't think the geo restrictions are to do with my trip because I got that message on my laptop which I didn't take with me this time. 

Hopefully with the next update we Droids will get some goodies. :D

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

That information is there for almost a year  ;) 

They did say last year, on the AM that those features are a difficult task. That's why I think and said it before that the app would be completely reformulated on the inside. 
Did you noticed how the version number jumped from 1.7 to 8.1? That means a lot of changes on the code even if they didn't release anything new in-between.
The pre-release on iOS and windows could just mean that they wanted feedback on some features before releasing to Android (the most scattered system)
I'm confident that a new, completely revamped app, with notes, will be announced this AM and available on all systems  

I know. We're still waiting for them. The study edition will require a number of changes in the app to be useful. It would also be the first time you could download the edition.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

48 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

You can stream the recorded songbook videos, both adult and children's chorus, and the audio recordings for the orchestra, piano and chorus, if you select the, from within the songbook. You can also stream the publications. Make sure to select stream over cellular in the settings when you do not have access to wifi.

No I can't.  There is no streaming option. I have searched and searched and I only have WiFi on my tablets.  Nevermind, I will just continue to download.  It's not really a biggie in the scheme of things. I just don't want to miss out ... like a little kid. :loopy: 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

No I can't.  There is no streaming option. I have searched and searched and I only have WiFi on my tablets.  Nevermind, I will just continue to download.  It's not really a biggie in the scheme of things. I just don't want to miss out ... like a little kid. :loopy: 

If your on iOS and you open the App Store that corresponds to your given location to update from that one, then it ought to work.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, niall said:

Ah! I just found a clue. I opened the songbook and noticed the new "Play" icon in the top corner. When you tap that, it gives you three options: the vocal, the orchestral, and one more

For some songs, it gives the option of related videos, e.g. children's songs, Wt Chorus etc.

I won't mention the reason I have heard, just in case it causes issues, other than its not a technical problem and it's been ready for a while. Those who know tech may figure out what I heard from that and also understand why I won't share publicly. Plus I have no way to verify the information at this moment. If I can get verification and an assurance it would not affect what's happening or it is released with note taking abilities then yes I will post then.

Even if anyone guesses and posts I will not confirm it yet.

2 hours ago, Mykyl said:

I won't mention the reason I have heard, just in case it causes issues, other than its not a technical problem and it's been ready for a while. Those who know tech may figure out what I heard from that and also understand why I won't share publicly. Plus I have no way to verify the information at this moment. If I can get verification and an assurance it would not affect what's happening or it is released with note taking abilities then yes I will post then.

Even if anyone guesses and posts I will not confirm it yet.

33 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I'll tell you what it is - but only if you know the secret handshake.

I don't like this secrets :crying:

I want to know please :praying:

36 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

I'll tell you what it is - but only if you know the secret handshake.

I know the secret knock...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Short of folks pMing me if they really feel they want to know I'm not sure how to say it. When you know, you will fully understand why I'm not comfortable saying what it is that I was told in particularl on the public area of the forums. No secret handshakes or anything like that lol. Nor is it really a big deal.  I have been waiting a few months for someone to mention it.

Edited by Mykyl

On 9/29/2016 at 6:25 PM, mserskine said:

They haven't yet. At least I can't find it. Maybe later.

The play all and shuffle options for videos are back with the new update....yippee!!

(just to take a little steam off this secret handshake and Mykyl messaging business...LOL)

Edited by Skye

38 minutes ago, Skye said:

The play all and shuffle options for videos are back with the new update....yippee!!

(just to take a little steam off this secret handshake and Mykyl messaging business...LOL)

Yes, but the shuffle for audio has gone with the update and I can't find the shuffle for the videos.

Edited by mserskine

21 minutes ago, mserskine said:

Yes, but the shuffle for audio has gone with the update and I can't find the shuffle for the videos.

The shuffle icon is available bottom right if you full-size the track that is playing. (iOS)

IMG_2294.JPG

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13