JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

2 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

I have an iPhone and on the jw library app  I just played a random chapter in Ecclesiastes and after it had finished it went straight onto the next chapter, so I think the 'continuous play' update does include the reading of the bible, as well as other media like videos and songs of course. 

You have the audio media for the Bible  IN  the JW Library app?  Where is it at?

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yes, I agree.  I did check my JWL app on my Windows 10 laptop (which I don't use that often) and I have the ability to play audio files from my Bible there!  So that's nice.  That's why I appreciate the friends in here so much - if your device doesn't get the ability, you don't know it exists until someone tells you they have it on theirs!  Now I know I have something to look forward to!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

7 minutes ago, shali said:

Yes, I agree.  I did check my JWL app on my Windows 10 laptop (which I don't use that often) and I have the ability to play audio files from my Bible there!  So that's nice.  That's why I appreciate the friends in here so much - if your device doesn't get the ability, you don't know it exists until someone tells you they have it on theirs!  Now I know I have something to look forward to!

There is a "PLAY" arrow in Windows 10 (just like the picture above).  If you click on it, it plays the audio of the loaded chapter.  Windows does not have the 8.2 version with the continuous play yet but it does play.

does this update address this question?   ....  

No, two different things. JW Library is not the same as the Watchtower Online Library (WOL). With the JW Library 8.2 for iOS app your document audio will continue to play until you paus it or shut it down.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

No, two different things. JW Library is not the same as the Watchtower Online Library (WOL). With the JW Library 8.2 for iOS app your document audio will continue to play until you paus it or shut it down.

____

thank you, trying to get a better understanding of  the differences -  currently for me when WOL on my computer goes into sleep screen mode I have to tap the mouse to make it continue to the next chapter  - by the comments here it sounds like when My Device  goes into sleep mode now with the new  "JW Library 8.2 for iOS introduces continuous play"  update it will continue to play?

Edited by timpin

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

The update is showing as available in apple store for me, but it does not download. Perhaps the store has had an overload?

I have an update pending for Chrome browser too and neither is updating.

work on patience, work on patience........

The problem is with Apple servers. It's been happening with some updates for a few days.

Try tapping the update button, then quickly tap it again (while it's still showing the spinning circle). It will eventually go back to the update button, then do it again. Try it a couple of times and see if it updates. It doesn't work all the time but I have managed to get the JW Library update, as well as Chrome.

Yeah! This is a feature I have been waiting for.

Now all that is left is to be able to download the audio instead of streaming it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

thank you, trying to get a better understanding of  the differences -  currently for me when WOL on my computer goes into sleep screen mode I have to tap the mouse to make it continue to the next chapter  - by the comments here it sounds like when My Device  goes into sleep mode now with the new  "JW Library 8.2 for iOS introduces continuous play"  update it will continue to play?

I'm sure it's a matter of settings, but even if you go into another app without completely shutting down the audio, it will continue to play in the background. I'm sure it will continue to play even if your screen goes dark due to sleep mode. Not tried it yet though.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

13 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Must be so hard for the brothers developing the app to work on two different operating systems. 

Actually, they are working on three operating systems

iOS

Android

Windows

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, niall said:

The problem is with Apple servers. It's been happening with some updates for a few days.

Try tapping the update button, then quickly tap it again (while it's still showing the spinning circle). It will eventually go back to the update button, then do it again. Try it a couple of times and see if it updates. It doesn't work all the time but I have managed to get the JW Library update, as well as Chrome.

Got it now. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, mserskine said:

You CAN download audio. Go to MEDIA section and download all the audio you want.

I think he was talking about the Bible reading.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, mserskine said:

You CAN download audio. Go to MEDIA section and download all the audio you want.

Yes, for now I use JWREADER - it covers all our publications with audio and keeps them well organized. But it would be nice to have this all in one app, eh. 

Screenshot_20161105-175322.png

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yes, for now I use JWREADER - it covers all our publications with audio and keeps them well organized. But it would be nice to have this all in one app, eh. 

Screenshot_20161105-175322.png

You will learn to get along with what the brothers are offering, I'm sure.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

You will learn to get along with what the brothers are offering, I'm sure.

____

Eventually,  when it does the same as other apps do...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 hours ago, Luisabola said:

Yeah I'm sure android will get it soon. I hope so anyway! Must be so hard for the brothers developing the app to work on two different operating systems. I guess sometimes Apple will get some things first, and other times Android will. I wish it could be all equal though

Actually, three operating systems. Let's not forget our Windows brothers and sisters.

Eventually,  when it does the same as other apps do...

It will never do. The brothers have protocols they have to follow before release - these other players don't. More importantly, they need approval from the involved committees before releases are made, and they get their mandates from the Governing Body.

____

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 11/4/2016 at 10:37 PM, Luisabola said:

Yeah I'm sure android will get it soon. I hope so anyway! Must be so hard for the brothers developing the app to work on two different operating systems. I guess sometimes Apple will get some things first, and other times Android will. I wish it could be all equal though

It might be a different brother (or brothers) working on each system.  They have instructions on what is needed and they work on it individually.  One group finishes slightly ahead of the other.