JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who has an ALDI`S grocery store in your area?

We have an Aldi's in Texas, USA.  I just finished viewing a YouTube video on them named "The Untold Truth Of Aldi", it was interesting. I'm just wondering if they are found in different parts of the world like the video says.  Not states but different parts of the world.  Thanks in advance. 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Well, I am not in a different country, just a little east of you. Yes, there are Aldi stores popping up all over Florida.

I was not overly impressed when I went in there.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Aldi stores in Melbourne are just great! (I am not a Costco fan at all)

Our local store just had a "facelift" and I like the way items are displayed.

I found many Safeway (Woolworths) stores looking "very old and tired"

Best supermarket that I have ever seen was in Poland (huge size and choice, just had everything including bakery with freshly baked cheesecake )

index.jpg

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Well, I am not in a different country, just a little east of you. Yes, there are Aldi stores popping up all over Florida.

I was not overly impressed when I went in there.

What? They did not accept Klingon currency?  :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

What? They did not accept Klingon currency?

They just built two stores here, one on each side of town. The stores are not very big. The way the shelves are stocked, there is no "logic" to the layout, it is like they just put the merchandie wherever it would fit.

The sores are also not overly comfortable to some extend - like they don't really want to run their A/C - and it gets a bit hot in Florida.

I also didn't find their prices to be any better than Walmart.

It also takes too long to check out because they always seem to be understaffed and they don't have any self-checkout lanes.

I also, usually, don't carry any change in my pocket - so, it makes using a basket rather difficult.

Oh ..... and they don't take Klingon Currency :eek:

Edited by Qapla

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

They just built two stores here, one on each side of town. The stores are not very big. The way the shelves are stocked, there is no "logic" to the layout, it is like they just put the merchandie wherever it would fit.

The sores are also not overly comfortable to some extend - like they don't really want to run their A/C - and it gets a bit hot in Florida.

I also didn't find their prices to be any better than Walmart.

It also takes too long to check out because they always seem to be understaffed and they don't have any self-checkout lanes.

I also, usually, don't carry any change in my pocket - so, it makes using a basket rather difficult.

Oh ..... and they don't take Klingon Currency :eek:

Looks like Australian stores are run way differently 

Prices much better than competition 

No problem with the look and comfort inside the shop

Adequately stuffed to serve at the register 

I only experienced positive experience 

There is no trolley problem because they sell "trolley token" for 99 cents which can be attached to your keys.

The "token" works for other supermarket trolleys as well.

Also their return policy is the best from all grocery supermarkets in Australia

Having said that not accepting Klingon Currency kills all positives LOL 

:lol1:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Thank you all for your thoughts. I've lived in 3 states in the USA and in all of them I've found they all don't have the same stores.  Except for Walmart, they are everywhere I've been.

That's why I found Aldi's being in different parts of the world so interesting.  Do you who are not in the USA have Walmart? I would imagine so, they are a big chain. I just never would have thought that of Aldi's.  I'll never be too old to learn. :lol:

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

22 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

No Walmart in Australia but I have visited them in Honolulu, not very appealing.

I love walmart! I've shopped at Walmart years before there was an Aldi's here where I've lived. Give me Walmart before Aldi's any day,  but I'll shop there if I have to. 

I have a new Aldi's store in my neighborhood.  I only go there if I need something quick and cheap.  Eggs are .77 cents a dozen.  Milk 1/2 gallon was $1.29.  I will not buy fruits there unless its a mango or melon.  The lemons are bagged but a bit pricey.  But worth the lemons because I use them a lot.  Other things like their unbrand name things, I will not purchase.   Meats, depends on what kind it is.  Today a special 1 pack of hotdogs were .99 cents.  I do not eat hot dogs unless am at a gathering and its grilled.  And that is once in a while at someone's house in the summer time.   Bread is by the loaf and different kinds .88 cents a loaf (killer white) the wheat is .99 cents.  They do have gluten free things there.   Their ice cream (I bought one time) and it was bad when I got it home.  Never again, rather go to Wal Mart and get Ice cream.  If my dog wouldn't eat it, why should I?  

That's the Aldi's in my neck of the woods.  

I was told by a sister yesterday that Aldi's out rank Walmart when it comes to being nation wide. :o I will never be too old to learn.:D

1 hour ago, Life4u said:

I was told by a sister yesterday that Aldi's out rank Walmart when it comes to being nation wide

I guess that depends on how you classify "out rank".

I did some reading and found that, in some surveys, Aldi's was "ranked" above WalMart but below Wegmans and Publix. In other areas, Aldi's was ranked lower than Walmart. It just depends on what the parameter of the survey were.

As far as sheer numbers, Walmart still far out numbers Aldi's nationwide - it could have something to do with the fact that they sell more than just food.

Also, Aldi's is competing with Kroeger and now Lidl has joined the fray.

It could come down to which of the "small format discount stores" can hold their own against each other while Walmart, because their grocery stores are inclusive in their retail store will continue to dominate - who knows.

I just know that, in my local shopping area, while the very new Aldi's have some items priced cheaper than Walmart, by the time I drive to more than one store to get ALL the items I want/need, since Aldi's has a very limited selection, I am not sure the overall cost is less. Gas cost money and time is precious.

Aldi's? not yet in our area. We do have grocery Outlet one mile further away than our Walmart (not a superstore). Some prices are lower especially off-brand names. We also have a Fred Meyers (Kroeger) two blocks beyond Walmart. We mostly shop Fred Meyer, as across the board they have a better selection than Walmart. Never Grocery Outlet, too limited. Both Freddies and Walmart have all the same departments. Part of the reason we don't shop Walmart is to avoid being on Youtube. Fred Meyer shoppers don't have a video following.  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Aldi Group - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on Aldi Group

Aldi's decision not to sell fresh meat also saves the company money because it is able to avoid steep refrigeration costs as well as the high wages demanded by meat-cutters' unions.

Well, they sell fresh meat here in Melbourne (good quality too)

There are quite a few Aldis in my area.

Great for buying beautiful affordable bunches of flowers. 

Need to display a ticket on your car for parking.  I see a lot of pensioners there. & Boy do you see some crazy older drivers trying to speed their way out of the car park.

Sometimes they have great deals. But still don't have everything.  You have to pack your own bags. Which is ok if ya not in a hurry.  

They sell a great gluten free Selfraising flour

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

On 29 October 2017 at 4:28 AM, Life4u said:

Thank you all for your thoughts. I've lived in 3 states in the USA and in all of them I've found they all don't have the same stores.  Except for Walmart, they are everywhere I've been.

That's why I found Aldi's being in different parts of the world so interesting.  Do you who are not in the USA have Walmart? I would imagine so, they are a big chain. I just never would have thought that of Aldi's.  I'll never be too old to learn. :lol:

We don't have Walmart in the UK, but we have a supermarket called Asda which is owned by Walmart. They are one of the cheaper supermarkets, but Aldi is cheaper.

i wonder if Aldi sells the same things everywhere in the world...I have certain things I like to go there for. They do the best nappies, happily my kids are done with them now though :D. Their fig rolls are also officially the best available. (Well in the informed opinion of our household anyway).

2 hours ago, Peanuts said:

i wonder if Aldi sells the same things everywhere in the world..

They source local products where available especially meats, eggs, milk , cheese etc....

Aldi here has a lot of products grown or produced right here in Victoria.