JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW - 2018 Regional Convention Program

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2171 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Dages said:

More like having courage for the judgement message... Like hailstone... 

It’s a layered subject separated by “ and” 

Courage AND mercy ....  

This is what got me thinking ... 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

56 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Wow I saw the convention programme and Sunday knocked me for six:zipmouth:am currently inactive so it blew my mind. 

I've not exactly been a ball of fire myself,  lately. 

Howz about the both of us stand up and get after it? 

We both believe, right? Let's act on our convictions, the both of us...I don't want any additional  'fire in my bones', I got enough as it is...lol. 

We have a little bit of this month left, let's try and get out at least once,  then we got a little momentum going into next month and the Memorial invitation campaign.

My Congregation will need all of us to cover our territory, maybe yours does too..

That sounds like a plan to me,.... you up?..

1 hour ago, halfspanishlee said:

Wow I saw the convention programme and Sunday knocked me for six:zipmouth:am currently inactive so it blew my mind. 

That's great! An electric jolt is also what awakened me from my slumber when I was inactive, and I RAN back to Jehovah. Best decision of my life.. Come on back, brother. Jehovah still loves you and wants you back. :)

Edited by Saffron

Correcting auto correct

1 hour ago, halfspanishlee said:

13 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

We both believe, right? Let's act on our convictions, the both of us...I don't want any additional  'fire in my bones', I got enough as it is...lol. 

We have a little bit of this month left, let's try and get out at least once,  then we got a little momentum going into next month and the Memorial invitation campaign.

My Congregation will need all of us to cover our territory, maybe yours does too..

7 minutes ago, Saffron said:

That's great! An electric jolt is also what awakened me from my slumber when I was inactive, and I RAN back to Jehovah. Best decision of my life.. Come on back, brother. Jehovah still loves you and wants you back. :)

Love you guys!  It isn't easy but having a friend or being a friend in the Truth can help tremendously.  At that is what helped me alittle over a year ago.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

It's a deal 

59 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

It's a deal 

Yes!! Very good!!

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but if I could add one more thought.. Please use the energy from this jolt as a springboard to come back without delay. If you wait too long, the effects will wear off, you may talk yourself out of it, or by now you may have associates that will help talk you out of it.. Push all aside and do what Peter did when he was sinking. 

22 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Yes!! Very good!!

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but if I could add one more thought.. Please use the energy from this jolt as a springboard to come back without delay. If you wait too long, the effects will wear off, you may talk yourself out of it, or by now you may have associates that will help talk you out of it.. Push all aside and do what Peter did when he was sinking. 

Well I don't have any worldy associates they are all gone lol

49 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Well I don't have any worldy associates they are all gone lol

Also good! Hahaa I don't know your circumstances, only was thinking of my own when I said that. I was inactive for many years and had friends in the world.. In retrospect, I can see that if I didn't get scared and run back quickly, I probably would have had them talking me out of it or I would have talked myself out of it when the adrenaline wore off. 

It was a difficult and very humbling experience, but here I am today, right where I am supposed to be. :)

8 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Also good! Hahaa I don't know your circumstances, only was thinking of my own when I said that. I was inactive for many years and had friends in the world.. In retrospect, I can see that if I didn't get scared and run back quickly, I probably would have had them talking me out of it or I would have talked myself out of it when the adrenaline wore off. 

It was a difficult and very humbling experience, but here I am today, right where I am supposed to be. :)

At Jehovah's table!! Where WE belong!! Psalms 23:5!!!

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

Also good! Hahaa I don't know your circumstances, only was thinking of my own when I said that. I was inactive for many years and had friends in the world

I was DF for about 25 years.  I knew lots of people but my family is right where I already knew it to be, in Jehovahs house.

I'm thrilled that all of us are here, I can confirm, there is no viable life in satans toxic world. 

When Jesus says raise your head up, that action does a few  things, we see better,  we can walk better but high on my list of favorites is that we can breathe better. There isn't anything like surfacing from underwater,  or getting your head up and out of some stinky car exhaust.  

I have had enough of the pollution that is so pervasive in this world, I am seeking a cleaner, much happier life. I know where that Source is....

3 hours ago, halfspanishlee said:

It's a deal 

That is most awesome my Brother,  thank you very much for the encouragement!  I'm going to make arrangements for service tomorrow,  it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. :sunshine::cowboy:

5 hours ago, Samira said:

....convinced that Sunday morning Symposium will beat the "basement" videos by a mile.......

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the videos (if there are any) in this symposium will be a continuation of the "basement" videos, and we'll find out if Hezekiah's angel swooped in to save them.

I don't think we will see anymore of the "basement" videos.  We know what happened to them.  In the final video of the convention it shows them enjoying the New World.  That was then end of that.  The videos provided a lesson in loyalty, and accomplished that, showing that we too need to be loyal and we will be in paradise too.  They were not designed a soap drama to be continued.

I think this year will be hard-hitting.  Being Courageous is not easy, and I expect will get harder as the end draws closer.

This is really unique! Looking forward to the regional convention! :heart: